xisto Community
prolifik

Which Search Engine Do You Use The Most?

Google most of the time. it's simply the easiest. But i use dogpile sometimes too, when i want to look for something that doesn't come up in my google searches. there are a few other sites that specialize in certain areas, and you can find what you're looking for easier.

I would have to say I use Google the most. It's the only one where I can get the most information about a topic compared to the other search engines such as Yahoo and AskJeeves.

i use non other than google due to the high relevance and speed. ai prefer it because it doesn't look at the meta tags (dont question this i'll get the site that syas it if you want) it uses gooogle bot which searches each site for keywords. so you can't just put anything in the meta tags but it actually has to be on the site. also i like the images feature because of speed and high relevance. it's really handy for the things i do. also it has a safesearch feature so when your looking for non-adult images but what your searching might have some adult things in it like fist (beleive me you want safesearch on for that).

Definitely, without a doubt google. In fact I don't even remember the last time I used any search engine but google.I just love the fact that google is quick, convenient and totally reliable. Plus it always seems to to the job at finding me the right page no matter what I am looking for at the time.

I am currently using Google and AllTheWeb.I find Google to be the world free service leader (Google!, Gmail, Gtalk, Google Groups, AdSense etc).

If I'm searching for knowledge on some topic, then Wikipedia is always first choice. There's nothing against human knowledge...
But I think the search engine I use most is: http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.html
It's a German-English/French/Spanish dictionary. Since I'm learning all these languages and they way the dictionary works just rules, this is the site that I frequent at least ten times a day. Wikipedia at least twice. Google variably from 0-100 times a day, depends whether I'm doing something really useful (like work â no googling) or something less useful (then I google and I have to say, I get distracted easilier than ever, when I open this Pandora's box). Something that annoys me though: It's impossible to find Web2-stuff (maybe blogs etc.), but I never manage to find a friend's photo list/their personal site. I know that this is for privacy reasons too, but it just annoys me, because these URls are the ones I forget the most often...
But well, who doesn't use google.

I will usually use Google, as google is quite a big and classified search engine and especially for Image Search. However, some times Google Web search can be messy. I cannot find the things I want after searching for three pages. So in terms of Web searching, I will normally use Yahoo or Altavista or Lycos, but more usually Yahoo. Other image search other than Google's is very simple and I will have to type in lots of keywords before I can find the image I want. At google, I can usually find them at the first page.

i admit Google is the best search engine.I have made comparison with Yahoo search engine and Netscape's.At overall,google is the fastest(yes the fastest),smart search feature which means if you search using term orange(google will translate it into a few categories such as tarmarine,fruit,color,etc)even though you have typo in spelling.The best thing about google is no-advertisement!!which if google have advertisements,the ads will consume alot of our bandwith allowance.l

Google for me too i agree it is the fastest and it has the most features also the results are easy to read, the msn search is just horible because i havn't seen that many features from it and in my opinion it is hard to see the results clearly because they are all jumbled up together.-HellFire

Google. I use that basically all the time. I like Google's simple interface--there's no clutter to wade through or ads to ponder upon--it's just simple search box with a search button. Yahoo and MSN search has too much content around their search boxes, making quick searches take longer to load as well as creating visual distractions. And Google seems to find pretty relevant results.I use Wikipedia sometimes, usually on a search that I am sure there is an article on because that's far more direct than Google (even if I do use the 'I'm feeling lucky' feature). Otherwise, if I don't know how to word something in a way that most people/websites would word it, I tend to use Google. Google Image search is also quite useful, but I usually tend to stay away from that as most of the images there are copyrighted, which I don't want to use for any graphics on my site.As for Google's spelling checker feature in searches, I find them really useful, usually when I make some accidental mistake in spelling. My mom, who apparently makes a lot more mistakes in spelling than me because her native language isn't English says that Google's spell checker doesn't help her and that Yahoo's spell checker is a lot better. I have yet to know what exactly she inputted though.

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

Just wondering which search engine do you guys use for research or plainly looking up something in the web. Google? Yahoo? Lycos? Hotbot? Dogpile? Or do you know of any other search engine in the web, share it with us. I used to go with Yahoo or Lycos. Now, i just Google. :unsure:

Google first, but if I have a question in sentence form Jeeves was better. What other search engines answer real questions? e.g. How do I do whatever?