xisto Community
prolifik

Which Search Engine Do You Use The Most?

https://www.google.co.uki/ have found it to be the most powerful by far. Also it loads much quicker than others, e.g. MSN, dogpile, ask.com and a few more. Another good feature that Google uses is their "did you mean" suggestion, this is handy for those moments when my fingers hit too many keys. Other features include the calculator, e.g. input 12345 + 67890 and enter. This will give you an answer. Also there is a converter, e.g. input 123 feet in meters and enter. This will you an answer.I find that google has lots of features with minimal advertising and fast loading.

I use Google but it's not necessarily the best search engine. Its results are all algorithm based which has its plus and minuses. Most of the time it is right but at times you get really odd sites.Yahoo is actually arguably a better search engine as it is powered by Google AND its own human based search people. So you are basically getting Google + human interaction. You will get the Yahoo people results first followed by the auto Google results. As long as Yahoo continues to use Google for its other results, yahoo is probably the best search engine out there.It's just that Google has a very nice clean interface while Yahoo doesn't and that is why my homepage is still my own personalized Google page.

I do not know.Maybe out of Yahoo or Google. Google is simple and Yahoo has but more stuff (example: Yahoo has music,answers,360.....) but Google has more search results.I do not know.Maybe out of Yahoo or Google. Google is simple and Yahoo has but more stuff (example: Yahoo has music,answers,360.....) but Google has more search results. I use Yahoo

Edited by Samuel (see edit history)

Maybe Yahoo! because it has more stuff (music,answers,360,geocites,my yahoo,email,dating................).But for searching I use Google.Most of the time I use Yahoo!

Google all the way.Ive just been introduced to google desktop, and other than 3 hours indexing my system, im loving it so far.doesnt use much memory or cpu and its quick.bye bye MS seach.

Well, I hadn't joined in this thread before, because I thought that there was nothing much I'd contribute. But a question which I saw on another forum caught my attention and made me think about this a bit. It wasn't exactly about which search engine I use the most, but it was in the same vein... only from a little different perspective.

The question was...

If you had to pick a Search engine to use for the rest of your days what one would you pick and why?

They all have there UPS and DOWNS so please fill us in on your decision.

And my answer was the following...

Hmmmm... that depends... how long am I going to live? ;)

But seriously now... SEs are experiencing some major improvements these days, that it's almost impossible to imagine which is going to outdo the others. For example...

Google is, in my opinion, the undisputed king of SEs. Its database is HUGE, its implementation relies on an Artifical-Intelligence programming language, and its spiders are extremely effecient.

Yahoo! on the other hand is making great strides... and the Yahoo! Answers seems to be a big hit nowadays.

But MSN Search is NOT standing still. There's talk that Microsoft is going to use a VERY advanced technique called "Neural Networking", which should, theoritically at least, change the way we do searches forever.

Now, that's ONLY the major 3 SEs around.... who knows what other SEs might spring up soon?!

So I don't know about sticking to a single SE till the end of my days. My theory is "Go with what works best!" So for now, I'll go with Google. :P

Cheers.

Just wondering which search engine do you guys use for research or plainly looking up something in the web. Google? Yahoo? Lycos? Hotbot? Dogpile? Or do you know of any other search engine in the web, share it with us. I used to go with Yahoo or Lycos. Now, i just Google. :P

Google
Google is a powerful search engine I ever use.

I use google. It's a very good search engine,Its got image, video, etc search,calculator, Currency converter, etc.Probaly just about everyone uses google search....I've even got a small search tool in my webbrowser with google, yahoo, ebay, amazon.com, answers.com, creative commons, I can add more.So basically googleP.S. maybe next time you ask one of these questions you could use a poll so everyone can see who uses what on a graph/poll results!

I use Google just because it so useful. I mean I use other search engines sometimes, but Google is my primary search engine. I won't go into detail, but as far as I have seen it is the best. If you have seen a search engine better than Google I would really like to see it, but I doub't you will find one.My secondary search engine is usually Ask.com, but that really is unimportant.

Just wondering which search engine do you guys use for research or plainly looking up something in the web. Google? Yahoo? Lycos? Hotbot? Dogpile? Or do you know of any other search engine in the web, share it with us. I used to go with Yahoo or Lycos. Now, i just Google. :P

I mostly use Google.com because it's the fastest search site to download. Yahoo is as useful as Google but it has too much stuff on its homepage. Google is multipurpose. You can search anything from shoes to even locations of stores with the google maps. You can even find towns from different countries. Yahoo can't do that.

I too use Google! Heck, when using Firefox, I can even type "google 3.33 USD in shekels" in my address bar to quickly convert American to Israeli currency. Haven't found a faster way of doing it yet! Besides, I really like the interface of the site, as opposed to the bloated, ad-filled front pages of other search engines. And I really like the advanced syntax that Google offers me. Just so many features!!!

Its in my blood or head! If i need anything, I just open another tab in firefox and just start searching using Googles Toolbar. Never use any other search engine.Next to a search engine I use DMOZ directory. Its neat and you dont get grabage in it as you get in Google.