xisto Community
prolifik

Which Search Engine Do You Use The Most?

I'm currently h aving trouble loading google/firefox googl'e main screen sometimes. It gives me some sort of an error for a few moments, then goes back to the search engine. I'll try to quote what it says next time I see it happening. Still though, google's the best in my opinion and I'm sticking with it until further notice :o

Not FoundThe requested URL /firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official was not found on this server.

That's what it says. It gives me a 404 Error of some sort :/ Well whatever it is, I'm not sure if I'm the only one getting it, and hopefully aren't the only one >_<
Edited by broli (see edit history)

I use google because it is fast to load, no crap scripts that drag down the performance of your pc and you get results very fast, Also most browsers come with a built in google search tool and more people use it.-HellFire

Ive been dependent on google ever since 2 months they started going public. Before them I used yahoo frequently. But google is byfar the best search engine that I found that gets me the results I am looking for. They actually search my keywords at a 90% accuracy. When I do research papers for classes google is a must to find and gather the information that I need to get the paper done. If google was never invented I would probably be lost, in gettin inaccurate results right now with other search engines. Whatever google implemented for their search engine is genius. The sorting algorithm they used to implement the search engine is uncontested without a doubt the best there is out there right now. :lol:

Google. Fast, reliable, and I like it's ranking system. In my opinion, it gives the best results. I always get what I'm searching for in minutes or even seconds. It's one of the best search engines out there!

I not only use google for my online searches but for practically everything else too.GMail - 2 of my email adresses are located here.Google Maps - Directions and phone numbersGoogle Desktop - Finding local files, Weather reports, CalenderGoogle Translation - translator (french homework)Google Talk - IM, phoneGoogle Earth - sight seeingI'm sure I am forgetting somthing.

hiI use Google 90% of times.clusty.com 5% of times andwikipedia again 5% of times.I would ask everybody to give clusty.com a try. Though it gathers the results from MSN,Hotbot etc. (Not Google) but it categrizes the results with respect the reference. e.g. Search on SCORPIO may be in reference to SUN SIGN or the real living scorpio. That's the power of clusty.Do check that search engine.Regards.

I usually prefer Yahoo because I'm used to it. :lol: But Google is pretty good too. Did you guys ever try elgooG? It's Google backwards! Lol. When you search, the whole page is backward too. It's kind of funny and entertaining, and it has REAL search results. I don't remember the link but if you search elgooG on Google it'll give the link page. Haha, just thought it was pretty funny. :lol:

I just use Google, I pretty much always have seen as it was around when I first got into computers. I must admit I only started using it over MSN Search so early on in my experiences with computers and the internet because of the hype over it at the time.Kind of many (including me) are quick to recommend Firefox over any other browser.

Just wondering which search engine do you guys use for research or plainly looking up something in the web. Google? Yahoo? Lycos? Hotbot? Dogpile?

For me it's just Google, Google and Google again prolifik! I've noticed most of the other people who have replied to your topic have also used Google either all the time or most of the time. The reason I use Google is because, unlike other Search Engines such as Yahoo! and Dogpile, Google has a clean interface and it's layout is inviting to new comers and existing users. It's not that I haven't tried other Search Engines though, it's just that whenever I go to one such as Yahoo!, it's page is always cloged up with information and ads it's just not pleasing to the eye.

Also Google is probably much more famous than all the other Search Engine you mentioned prolifik. This is because unlike others it has so many other useful features that set it apart and distinguish it from them. Some of these features are Google Mail (or Gmail) for example - by having an e-mailing system, Google ensures that it's name is being spread all over the world in another different way and it will also attract other people to use it's Search Engine. Other features include Google News, Google Video, Google Earth, Google Images and quite a few others.

Or do you know of any other search engine in the web, share it with us. I used to go with Yahoo or Lycos. Now, i just Google.

I think that's it prolifik. I don't think are any other Search Engines out there apart from the ones you mentioned before. And if there are, then they're certainly not that well known or else we'd probably hear about it. But I've never heard of Hotbot before - I'll check it out and see if I can escape from Google! Thanks for those. :P

I use Google most of the times.Google with its advanced search is the best. But i have observed that only the few 5-6 results are relavant to what is being searched.If they merge web search with Writely and also provide music search, it will be really a daunting task.Regards.