xisto Community
prolifik

Which Search Engine Do You Use The Most?

Actually, there is a reason to discuss this. Search engine sites like Google, and lower companies rely on customer feedback in order to elevate their levels. With communities discussing them out there, they easily find what they need to do in order to improve themselves. It is, in my eyes, the best CEO system.

I use google the most. Because it has a more range of search options and there advanced search function is really good. Also the layout is really good, it's just plain and it's not to hard to navigate around. I never really liked the search engines such as yahoo because they don't give you that many results. I also use google for finding my pictures.

I use Google, and there are more reasons:1. Google is simple - there aren't thousands of ads on the first page2. It has many options3. It is free ;)4. I like the way it sorts results5. I am also a user of gmail :P6. I just love how they change their logo all the timeTry this1. In the searchbox type "failure" with quotations (like this: "failure")2. Click on "I'm feeling lucky3. Look what did google open :P

Just wondering which search engine do you guys use for research or plainly looking up something in the web. Google? Yahoo? Lycos? Hotbot? Dogpile? Or do you know of any other search engine in the web, share it with us. I used to go with Yahoo or Lycos. Now, i just Google. ;)

1064276466[/snapback]

I, too, usually just use Google. I've found it to be the most thorough.

Try this

1. In the searchbox type "failure" with quotations (like this: "failure")

2. Click on "I'm feeling lucky

3. Look what did google open ;)

1064329021[/snapback]

That is from an e-mail, you scanker. Funny though.

Google all the way. I've been using it for the past 6 years. I even used it before Google was Google...well before it was as big as it is today.And every now and then I'll go back to Yahoo. But my startpage is google.com because its so quick to load and most of the time I'll be searching on it anyway.

I've used Yahoo, Ask, MSN, and they're all ok, but as everyone else has said Google is the best. Although, at one point anytime I tried to use Google on my old computer, it froze on me... which I still don't get, because the page is so small, that it's not like it took an hour to load... oh well.Now that I have Firefox, I just use the search bar in the top corner. Plus it comes pre-loaded with a bunch of other search engines, like dictionary.com, wikipedia, ebay, etcetc.So in short, Google is definetly the overall best search engine out there to date. Plus yahoo and a bunch of others all use Google, so it's all the same anyway.

I have to go with Google on this one as well. Previous to that Dogpile was the favourite and before that was a time during which Webcrawler (not sure if that's one word or not) was among the best. I remember seeing it used in several different movies at the time. Ah, the good old days.

google. Just because, they give relevant results, and no forced ads. all you see is relevant and good results are given, if you naturally provide good search keyword.But you may use any other search engine, and come up with probably same search results... I think it's really not that important what search engine you use, it's more relevant to use good keyword for the things you search.

I use google as its one of the most powerful search engines available. It give relevant information, yet it gives you lots of searches to look through. Google has massively grown over the last several years and im sure that its just the beginning for Google.com. Google offers some useful tools aswell such as GoogleEarth which is great for searching for existing places in the World. If you want to check it out https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=aub_VIfxMcPBqAWf_4CoCg&gws_rd=ssl
I'm not really going to bother with other search engines useful as Google.com does the job.