xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

Oh yeah anwii tell me about it. Imaging if that was your only source of income for your xisto billing. It doesnt seem quite right to post for four month and only get $2 especially knowing the length and quality of you posts. That seems a bit unfair dont you think. I mean I got a 25 cent or so update basically my cents went up from 41 to 67.67 for the posts i made over few weeks. Its a change in mycents yeah but that what made me think they are manual as i asked in the status shouts a few days back. I assumed that Opaque was just manually going throug h giving people mycents so they have some form of my cents going in for their acive participation in the forms. I used to think MYcents were everyy 24hour period or sumthing like that but it seems they are totally random and one has to accure as much MYcents into their billing section to avoid getting billed when they have no money and end up going over drawn or suspended. I have been reading how somepeople have been suspended for not paying on time and i felt sorry for them even though I believe we sometimes allow such to happen to us because we dont have contingency pans interms of paying our billing. BUt still how can one get ahead if say they paid $2 for four months woth of posting especially with web-designer and anwii type of content and activity. Makes me wonder if we wont all soon be in the negetive in the billing section. I'm glad Opaque can be very understanding and all but hey i would rather accrue myCENTS the normal way than just rely on having to send an email to Opaque explaining and begging for understanding. I use the word begging loosely there.After all this is a really great service and the Mycents if just a bonus. I do learn a lot from these forums and have somethign i can look forward too when im bored at college or chilling at home. just wanna say thanks to KS and Opaque and the mods for this great service but please Opaque sort out the MYCents so they go back to the way they were in the past when oyu would almost get mycent updated with in a few hours of posting. As for zero warning anwii thats not too good for you reputation as the evil guy lol. you have to work harder and start bending the rules a little more and get into a bit of trouble so you maintain that reputation you so built over the years then you can go back to going **POOF*** when you going off line lol ;)

Oh yeah anwii tell me about it. Imaging if that was your only source of income for your xisto billing. It doesnt seem quite right to post for four month and only get $2 especially knowing the length and quality of you posts. That seems a bit unfair dont you think. I mean I got a 25 cent or so update basically my cents went up from 41 to 67.67 for the posts i made over few weeks. Its a change in mycents yeah but that what made me think they are manual as i asked in the status shouts a few days back. I assumed that Opaque was just manually going throug h giving people mycents so they have some form of my cents going in for their acive participation in the forms.
I used to think MYcents were everyy 24hour period or sumthing like that but it seems they are totally random and one has to accure as much MYcents into their billing section to avoid getting billed when they have no money and end up going over drawn or suspended. I have been reading how somepeople have been suspended for not paying on time and i felt sorry for them even though I believe we sometimes allow such to happen to us because we dont have contingency pans interms of paying our billing. BUt still how can one get ahead if say they paid $2 for four months woth of posting especially with web-designer and anwii type of content and activity. Makes me wonder if we wont all soon be in the negetive in the billing section. I'm glad Opaque can be very understanding and all but hey i would rather accrue myCENTS the normal way than just rely on having to send an email to Opaque explaining and begging for understanding. I use the word begging loosely there.

After all this is a really great service and the Mycents if just a bonus. I do learn a lot from these forums and have somethign i can look forward too when im bored at college or chilling at home. just wanna say thanks to KS and Opaque and the mods for this great service but please Opaque sort out the MYCents so they go back to the way they were in the past when oyu would almost get mycent updated with in a few hours of posting.

As for zero warning anwii thats not too good for you reputation as the evil guy lol. you have to work harder and start bending the rules a little more and get into a bit of trouble so you maintain that reputation you so built over the years then you can go back to going **POOF*** when you going off line lol ;)

I don't get where your post about $2 comes from. I'm sure Anwii and the others were given more than just $2.

On the first update alone I got like 34-38 and I wasn't the #1 in terms of most earned.

Even my last updates were for more than $2 each (my average over the past month is 24 cents a post). So if you're getting a real low amount either you're having posts deleted, you're spamming, or you're exaggerating.

Oh yeah anwii tell me about it. Imaging if that was your only source of income for your xisto billing. It doesnt seem quite right to post for four month and only get $2 especially knowing the length and quality of you posts. That seems a bit unfair dont you think. I mean I got a 25 cent or so update basically my cents went up from 41 to 67.67 for the posts i made over few weeks. Its a change in mycents yeah but that what made me think they are manual as i asked in the status shouts a few days back. I assumed that Opaque was just manually going throug h giving people mycents so they have some form of my cents going in for their acive participation in the forms.
I used to think MYcents were everyy 24hour period or sumthing like that but it seems they are totally random and one has to accure as much MYcents into their billing section to avoid getting billed when they have no money and end up going over drawn or suspended. I have been reading how somepeople have been suspended for not paying on time and i felt sorry for them even though I believe we sometimes allow such to happen to us because we dont have contingency pans interms of paying our billing. BUt still how can one get ahead if say they paid $2 for four months woth of posting especially with web-designer and anwii type of content and activity. Makes me wonder if we wont all soon be in the negetive in the billing section. I'm glad Opaque can be very understanding and all but hey i would rather accrue myCENTS the normal way than just rely on having to send an email to Opaque explaining and begging for understanding. I use the word begging loosely there.

After all this is a really great service and the Mycents if just a bonus. I do learn a lot from these forums and have somethign i can look forward too when im bored at college or chilling at home. just wanna say thanks to KS and Opaque and the mods for this great service but please Opaque sort out the MYCents so they go back to the way they were in the past when oyu would almost get mycent updated with in a few hours of posting.

As for zero warning anwii thats not too good for you reputation as the evil guy lol. you have to work harder and start bending the rules a little more and get into a bit of trouble so you maintain that reputation you so built over the years then you can go back to going **POOF*** when you going off line lol ;)

well mandla , i highly recommend you to pm opaque if you have any problem with your mycent. he told us to do that if anyone has any problem with his mycent, and no need to beg for anything, believe me, he is a great guy and he will pay attention for you. maybe he is disappearing for days sometimes but he always come back again. and after all it is your right to ask and get answers as a loyal member, and as you said before because this is a unique community then you should talk honestly and what you are thinking of, so just pm him mandla, and be patient because mycent is still in beta version. i really hope things will be fixed soon for the sake of everyone here, so we can all be happy and satisfied again :) .

i understand what the problem was. mycents earned is not mycents earned anymore! mycents earned is your current mycents and it's the same figure you would see in your xisto account. before it was the actualy mycents earned TOTAL. not available balance. opaque or buffalohelp should change the wording because as it stand now, it doesn't make sense.so my total earned was 404 before. now it's 406 so i just deducted everything i spent. $20 times two years of hosting, $10 times two years for one domain, $10 for another domain. $404-$70= $334 $406-$334= $72 which that should be the correct figure which was added to my account.i never got an original email stating what was credited but i believe that was common when the new credit system took over originally. since then, i have gotten two emails in the last two days showing how much is being credited.this system is VERY VERY confusing....really it is. now i understand all the questions about mycents. it's almost over my own head and i've been a long term member. so anyone out there who is confused, you aren't dumb or stupid :) it's just the complexity and the non complexity about the system that makes things so confusing right now. hang in there! :)

i understand what the problem was. mycents earned is not mycents earned anymore! mycents earned is your current mycents and it's the same figure you would see in your xisto account. before it was the actualy mycents earned TOTAL. not available balance. opaque or buffalohelp should change the wording because as it stand now, it doesn't make sense.
so my total earned was 404 before. now it's 406 so i just deducted everything i spent. $20 times two years of hosting, $10 times two years for one domain, $10 for another domain. $404-$70= $334 $406-$334= $72 which that should be the correct figure which was added to my account.

i never got an original email stating what was credited but i believe that was common when the new credit system took over originally. since then, i have gotten two emails in the last two days showing how much is being credited.

this system is VERY VERY confusing....really it is. now i understand all the questions about mycents. it's almost over my own head and i've been a long term member. so anyone out there who is confused, you aren't dumb or stupid :) it's just the complexity and the non complexity about the system that makes things so confusing right now. hang in there! :)

I caught on pretty quick. The first email was the only one that was bugged. After that it was pretty obvious that the forum amount was the current Xisto balance (which was stated weeks ago when I spoke to OpaQue about it on the forums). Also, the emails work just as they did before -- they tell how much was added to your account. There is no difference there, only it no longer tells the total you earned.

i understand what the problem was. mycents earned is not mycents earned anymore! mycents earned is your current mycents and it's the same figure you would see in your xisto account. before it was the actualy mycents earned TOTAL. not available balance. opaque or buffalohelp should change the wording because as it stand now, it doesn't make sense.
so my total earned was 404 before. now it's 406 so i just deducted everything i spent. $20 times two years of hosting, $10 times two years for one domain, $10 for another domain. $404-$70= $334 $406-$334= $72 which that should be the correct figure which was added to my account.

i never got an original email stating what was credited but i believe that was common when the new credit system took over originally. since then, i have gotten two emails in the last two days showing how much is being credited.

this system is VERY VERY confusing....really it is. now i understand all the questions about mycents. it's almost over my own head and i've been a long term member. so anyone out there who is confused, you aren't dumb or stupid :) it's just the complexity and the non complexity about the system that makes things so confusing right now. hang in there! :)

yea anwiii, i got confused too in the beginning but later, i made an assumption of what is going on there. i remember that we had two mycent showing in xisto account, one is for the total and one is for the balance, and this what made me be confused first when i ordered for my domain when my balance was not enough :P . but later i understood the system. and now we have only what we get with no total. well i think it is better this way, because two mycent showing in an xisito account is confusing but i hope opaque make an announcement about that to clear things.

I can understand your problem. Even i'm posting longer posts and for more than 20 posts like that i'm only getting 2$-3$ which is very low if we look at length of the posts. Though many people may disagree with it but i found that issue way earlier. The reason behind it is that we're getting manual mycent updates and these are not calculated based on algorithm but because of limited people posting here let admin calculate it based on number of posts.It's easy for them to manually give us mycent cause ahrdly 10-25 people are coming online and posting here these days. I know sounds weird but seriously we're getting low mycents than expected. I hate to say, PM opaque or hang on till update but that's the only worst thing left here to do. Post genuinely for those 2$-3$ for your quality posts, duh seriously it's too much but nothing we can do if our only source for mycent is from forums.

well people shouldn't have to "figure" things out or "assmue" things. people should be able to read somewhere where the whole system works and if the system doesn't work that way FIX it. i am one to always explain the mycents system to people or when people are confused, try to unconfuse them. there are a select other people out there that go out of there way too(i wont mention names). it really gets old after a while and is so much of a waste of time. not that i don't like guiding people in the right direction, but when people are asking the same questions or complaining about the same things over and over again, there is obviously a problem that needs to be solved.sometimes i wonder why i even care when buffalohelp always has that itchy warning finger when i call him self rightious or jokingly ask if he craps in the woods.something is wrong with the system too when people give a lot to this forum only to be banned.

Finally it is back up or is it? Even since it went down, I have stopped visiting the site until I receive an invoice telling me that my bill with Xisto is up for payment. So how to come back and check if all is ready.

Finally it is back up or is it? Even since it went down, I have stopped visiting the site until I receive an invoice telling me that my bill with Xisto is up for payment. So how to come back and check if all is ready.

Read the past 10-15 posts here or look at the many other topics about it. Yes, it's up.

I agree with anwii. When I first registered a week or so ago, I was so confused about the MyCent system, and there simply wasn't enough information to explain what was going on. I followed the instructions and used the same email for my Xisto - Support account, but no where on the forum said that I had to wait an unknown amount of days for the system to update. I got the most help from the nice people in the chat room who tried their best to explain the little that they knew about the system and how it worked. If it wasn't for the greatly interesting topics, I would have simply left and dismissed the system as broken.A lot of people seem to be upset or thrown back by how long it takes for MyCent to update. The timing surely can confuse new members, however, more importantly what is needed is a clear sense of leadership in this community and we need that leadership active and involved. The fact is that we understand that admin can't satisfy everyone and a perfect community is non existent, however, Xisto would be greatly improved if there could be increased communication and the admin could update us on what is going on. Although I see room for improvement, one thing I would like to do is thank admin for all their hard work thus far. Too often we note the bad without noting the good, and my desire is not to come across as a critique who can't be satisfied no matter what is done. I believe that admin have done well in certain areas, while other areas are lacking and creating undesirable results.

Edited by Harlot (see edit history)

Well I am getting updated once every three days but the admin said that this problem will be solved before august but maybe there are some bugs in the script that are damaging to some users like one who exposed that he made such 50 post but when everybody got Mycents he got nothing because the script?s bugs damaging his account. Personally I have never been damaged by the bugs but there are a lot of members who have had bad moments when the script doesn?t update them.Well we have to continue posting here and generating Mycents I have to make like $5 dollars to recover completely my hosting account and I will never be delayed with the payments again because it is difficult to see that your site is suspended because you are lazy and don?t like to post in a great community like Xisto.com.So keep posting. Bye.

ah it's good to be back here after a long time and the main reason i left was because of the mycent system. i recently heard that its back and now when i see this thread with people doubting its return, i'm not entirely sure whether or not i should relax yet :P i will try to stick around, though. the new forum looks much better than the old one and it seems to be more friendly too. so i'll go and fire away some replies and hope that my account is credited soon

ah it's good to be back here after a long time and the main reason i left was because of the mycent system. i recently heard that its back and now when i see this thread with people doubting its return, i'm not entirely sure whether or not i should relax yet :P i will try to stick around, though. the new forum looks much better than the old one and it seems to be more friendly too. so i'll go and fire away some replies and hope that my account is credited soon

H.O.D, welcome back. The MyCent system is working, but it updates extremely slow. So far it has not updated in like an entire week or at least it has felt like an entire week. Someone suggested, I can't remember who, that the MyCent is currently being updated manually based on post count due to the small number of dedicated users that at currently at Xisto. I don't know if there is any truth to that, but admin has not really updated us on anything. There is definitely a lack of communication. I understand that the admin have really worked hard, even though this one issue continues to plague this community, so I am really indifferent on where to direct my feelings and frustrations on the current situation. However, I can only imagine how those who have spend hours upon hours, posting hundreds of thousands of post may feel. Anyhow, I how you stick around and once again welcome back :D

The MyCent system is working, but it updates extremely slow. So far it has not updated in like an entire week or at least it has felt like an entire week

To be honest it's not working at all. Notice the days when the mycents are updated. It's usually updated only when opaque comes online. It's easy to guess when opaque does maintenance here. Friday-monday are the days when mycents updates usually in such downtime. Last update for me was on friday. Now more than week passed and they're not updated. So it's safe to say that mycents are not updated and are manually given to active users. No matter how you calculate your post strength you'll notice that the mycent given in this manual update are random and not at all as per the calculation people make here. Anyway, this is how my observation are going on. Maybe i'll be getting less mycents for voicing this opinion. But anyway, i feel like posting because these are my observations.