xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Mycent - It's Still Inactive [resolved]

I've stayed away from the site for a while because there weren't many new topics and also,the myCENTs were updating slowly but now it looks like there's lots of activity and the update process has become speedier, so these are perfectly good reasons for anyone to stick to the site and start posting :)

yes,i also got my first mycents =) I'am very happy :lol:

You've been a part of this community since March or 2009 and you are NOW just getting your myCents? That doesn't make me feel too good right now.... I just signed up not too long ago.

You've been a part of this community since March or 2009 and you are NOW just getting your myCents? That doesn't make me feel too good right now.... I just signed up not too long ago.

@zanzibarjones: First let me say 'Welcome to the forum' :) You needn't have any fears of myCENTs updating a whole year after you make the posts :P That particular user might have registered in 2009 and could have started posting recently. By 'first mycents', the user could have also meant 'my first mycents after the forum upgrade'. The myCENTs system was down for more than a month so that user could be referring to this. Rest assured that your myCENTs will be updated regularly and as fast as the admin permits the server to! So, keep posting :D

How long does it usually take for your first "myCents' to show up. I see people with as many posts as I have with mycents, and I see myself with none. I have an account on Xistro, like it was instructed to do, and as far as I know it's the same info as I used on here. I just want to make sure that my contributions are worth something. I love to talk so this is a good scenario for me :)

How long does it usually take for your first "myCents' to show up. I see people with as many posts as I have with mycents, and I see myself with none. I have an account on Xistro, like it was instructed to do, and as far as I know it's the same info as I used on here. I just want to make sure that my contributions are worth something. I love to talk so this is a good scenario for me :)

I haven't been here for a while so I'm not sure how frequently the myCENTs are getting updated, but when the myCENT V4 system was first introduced, it took 1-2 days for the script to run an update. I see that you've joined on the 16th of August, so I'd say wait for just one more day, and in the meantime make sure that the email address you used to register at Xisto is the same one that you used to register for the forums. The email id is more important than the information provided, so double-check that aspect.

Since activity has increased since the new script has arrived, it might be taking a little longer to run an update. This however, shouldn't stop you from posting, so keep posting good content and you'll get a whole pile of myCENTs all at once :)

There are a lot of things that happened before, look at my joined date. when the forum was changed i lost my post but it does not bother me since i am more on Asta than on trap (Xisto.com). As you can see, i don't have myCents either and the post count that you can see is post that I made since around Aug 8 or 10 of the same year till today.

The activity here made me participate.

There are a lot of things that happened before, look at my joined date. when the forum was changed i lost my post but it does not bother me since i am more on Asta than on trap (Xisto.com). As you can see, i don't have myCents either and the post count that you can see is post that I made since around Aug 8 or 10 of the same year till today.
The activity here made me participate.

Good for you that you're participating actively now :) Just keep up the activity and you'll be surprised when you suddenly see a shower of myCENTs in your account!

Good for you that you're participating actively now :) Just keep up the activity and you'll be surprised when you suddenly see a shower of myCENTs in your account!

I am looking forward to that. I have to say that ever since Xisto, I have always been impressed not only with the free web hosting, but with the amount of community involvement here.

C'mon myCents :)

I am looking forward to that. I have to say that ever since Xisto, I have always been impressed not only with the free web hosting, but with the amount of community involvement here.

C'mon myCents :)

Hey zanzibarjones, I got my myCENT update just now, and I noticed that you haven't been awarded any yet :( I haven't noticed the myCENT changing for other members so I don't know if they update happened only for a handful of members or something like that. Just wait till the end of the day and after that I suggest that you open a support ticket with the subject "ATTN:Opaque" or just send a PM to Opaque directly explaining your problem. Better wait till other members report that they've been updated as well...

Hey zanzibarjones, I got my myCENT update just now, and I noticed that you haven't been awarded any yet :( I haven't noticed the myCENT changing for other members so I don't know if they update happened only for a handful of members or something like that. Just wait till the end of the day and after that I suggest that you open a support ticket with the subject "ATTN:Opaque" or just send a PM to Opaque directly explaining your problem. Better wait till other members report that they've been updated as well...

I certainly will. Thanks for keeping me updated of what's happening. I take it Opaque is a board moderator/admin?

I just don't want to seem greedy, ya know? But the reason i came here and posted was FOR the benefits they offer, ya know?

And where might I find this 'Opaque' person? I searched the users but no luck....

I certainly will. Thanks for keeping me updated of what's happening. I take it Opaque is a board moderator/admin?I just don't want to seem greedy, ya know? But the reason i came here and posted was FOR the benefits they offer, ya know?

And where might I find this 'Opaque' person? I searched the users but no luck....

Opaque's profile can be found here and yeah he's the admin who created the myCENT script so he'll find out the problem. In the meantime, have you tried posting with your old account? It's still active, right? Maybe you could get the myCENTs through that account faster. It's worth a try...

Well it looks like it's working. WOOHOOOooooo. Now I can get some of my ideas up and running. I appreciate all of your help and suggestions guys. Thank you so much!