xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2010 Trap17 Awards

Ok we are going into the final week of nominations and so here is the time to get as many as possible and so if yo uhave nominated or you want to add more people to your current lists do so now.

voting is going to be hard this year. alot of the old timers aren't around anymore and a whole new group is emerging....especially recently. not a lot of nominations. i haven't nominated nor do i plan too because i couldn't have done a better job than the others and nobody else stands out. when it is finally time to vote, i plan on doing it privately. this is going to be one tough trap awards this year....

Ok we are going into the final week of nominations and so here is the time to get as many as possible and so if yo uhave nominated or you want to add more people to your current lists do so now.

I see this being a quite of a hard Awards nomination this year Michael. :P Not many are really nominating as did last year. Congrats to those who actually win when the nominations are checked. :P

Let's vote!!!Like Anwii, I have noticed a huge changeover to the Forum membership in the last few months, so I'll be going with the list of nominations as they currently exist.Good Luck to all...

Yeah many interesting things happening, this is the year of new comers. Lets see who will win. :P

Trapper of the Year- Ash-BashQuality posts, Always reporting things spam, one liners etc to help the mods out.Most Valuable Poster- rayzoredgeNever seen a bad post from him, They always contain good information. Moderator of the Year- jlhaslipSeems to always be online, okey he is evil a bit but does his job well. Most Helpful Member- truefusionGood information all the time.Most Improve Member of the Year- Ash-BashI used to be rubbish at posting now I think I have improved a lot.Comedian of the Year- SMAlways up for a giggle :P Shoutboxer of the Year- -Sky-Seems to always be spamming that shoutbox lol.Lives at Xisto- Ash-BashAlways making suggestions and get his views across.Welcome Committee- Ash-BashAlways making new members feel at home. Ah that's it to many sections :P.

Edited by Ash-Bash (see edit history)

My late entry :P

Moderator of the Year- Truefusion,Jlhaslip, rvalkass

Most Helpful Member-Anwii, Inverse_bloom, Xpress, Shadowx

GFXtrap GFX Elite- Tramposch

1337 Programmer- Thedarkhacker :-P

Welcome Committee- Nameless_,The simpleton,Ash-bash,Sky

Dr. Phil Wannabe- Anwii, Inverse_bloom

Haha... how the heck did I get Tech Geek? I only discuss what I understand and what I have an interest in for technology... but as far as knowing it all, I'm nowhere near it. :D Thanks for the nominations, though!Since I usually stop by once a workday and have my occasional long absences, I'm inclined not to throw too much of a serious vote towards anyone for anything, but I will still chip in my two biased cents (nominations/honorable mentions) for what I've seen so far from members. Note my bias, since I mostly participate in threads that involve technology... which probably explains why I was nominated for Tech Geek. :P -Trapper of the Year: truefusionMost Valuable Poster: truefusion, rvalkass, anwii, k_nitin_r, BuffaloHelp, kobra500, rpgsearcherz, BaniBoy, inverse_bloom, mahesh2K, rob86, serverph, Spudd, The Simpleton, misanthropeMod of the year: truefusionMost Helpful Member: truefusion, rvalkass, BuffaloHelpMost Improved Member: Ash-BashGFXtrap GFX Elite: Not sure7Gears Gamer of the Year: Not sure1337 Programmer: jlhaslip, truefusion, rvalkass, galexcdComedian of the Year: Not sureShoutboxer of the Year: Not sureLives at Xisto: Ash-Bash, truefusion, rvalkass, jhalslip, anwii, inverse_bloom, The Simpleton, sheepdog, Echo_of_thunder, rpgsearcherz, mahesh2K, TheDisturbedOne, Nameless_, -Sky-Tech Geek: truefusion, rvalkass, jhalslip, tramposche, bluedragon, k_nitin_r, Ash-Bash, BuffaloHelp, Saint Michael, shadowx, WatermonkeyWelcome Committee: Fractured.LogicTrap Eye for the Poor Guy: Not sureCrazy Reviewer Person: Not sureDr. Phil Wannabe: anwii, sheepdogMost Creative Trapper: Not surePerson most likely to be Bill Gates Boss: Not sure-I think that truefusion deserves what's coming to him because I've seen him all over Xisto with good input in discussions, always helping out, and I'm just going to assume that he does his job as a mod. :D This also plays into the Mod of the Year award since I think that a good mod doesn't just volunteer to do the dirty work, but also provide as part of the community as well, and he definitely does just that. Saint Michael does deserve an honorable mention, since he does the same and is a good guy all around, but I haven't seen him around as much as truefusion recently... and that's weird since SM is known to spam. :D There are too many valuable posters to mention, but I included those that I recognized by name that provided good and/or interesting input in threads. Some of us have our run with posting, then disappear for long periods of time only to come back every now and then. Others seem to lurk and make good, informative posts on a rare but appreciated occasion. I hope I mentioned most of you, lurkers included. Helpful members are always awesome and almost plentiful, so it's hard to nominate just one person here. Since I frequent the tech threads, the tech guys are always around to provide some good insight on a lot of things. Not only do they appear out of nowhere to give some deep depth into the matter at hand, but they do it enough to deserve more than the title of Most Helpful Member. And although BuffaloHelp isn't around as much as everyone else, he always gives you more than you ask for when trying to troubleshoot. I have to say that the most improved member of this year was Ash-Bash. He went from one-line posting/quasi-spamming to actually putting out some encouraging posts and information that was of contribution to the threads he frequented. I know he's not exactly the most popular member here, but we're all different people with different personalities and backgrounds, and without a doubt, he's earned the title of Most Improved just based on his posting habits. 1337 programmers would be hard to judge without actually witnessing any real work, but from what I've observed, the members I mentioned seem to know their snuff like the back of their hands. I have to say that I can't really throw out a Comedian of the Year shout-out since I have a very weird sense of humor and a lot of it is in the realm of things we can't really liberally say on Xisto without getting into trouble... :D A ton of you literally live here. Like I said, if I can recognize you guys by name, you may have a problem. :D Seek help immediately... but keep up the good posting. You guys are the more hardcore base of what keeps Xisto alive and well. However, don't let it discourage you if I didn't mention your name, since a) I have a bad memory, :D you may have been really active and I just don't frequent those threads, c) you are part of an awesome community that relies on each and every one of you, no matter your part. The Tech Geek nominations should rightfully go to those that know their snuff. :P I'm not saying I'm absolutely retarded, but I do want to say that when it comes to technology, I can look to the words of the people that I deem Tech Geeks of Xisto for advice, insight, and good reading material when they put something out. Some of you may remember Fractured.Logic. She was probably one of the friendliest people I know online, and I'm sure she deserves to be mentioned for the Welcoming Committee. Anwii and sheepdog win with Dr. Phil/Phyllis Wannabe since I frequently see them chipping their two cents into a lot of threads with OPs seeking advice, counseling, and consoling. Keep it up, guys.

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

since it's coming that time, i am going to nominate in one catagory even though i said i wasn't going to nominate.

most valuable poster- misanthrope

she doesn't post a lot, but when she does, all her posts are nothing but quality. you can tell a lot of thought is put in to her posts even if sometimes the thoughts just come naturally to her. i never really did like her name or what it means, but who am i to judge. she deserves a spot in most valuable poster for sure!

when it comes time for voting, i am making it clear right now that i am not voting for anyone who hasn't been here for over 6 months. i feel there should be a rule to this somewhere as well. a person should be here for the majority of the year to even be considered since spammers like to just post anything without much thought....even long meaningless posts that say absolutely nothing just to watch their credits build up. it takes some time just to know the persons true intentions and the Xisto awards should have absolutely NOTHING related to getting webhosting from Xisto - Web Hosting. but that's a bit harsh since almost everyone here came for that purpose :P

Most Valuable Poster- rayzoredge

Never seen a bad post from him, They always contain good information.

since it's coming that time, i am going to nominate in one catagory even though i said i wasn't going to nominate.

most valuable poster- misanthrope

she doesn't post a lot, but when she does, all her posts are nothing but quality. you can tell a lot of thought is put in to her posts even if sometimes the thoughts just come naturally to her. i never really did like her name or what it means, but who am i to judge. she deserves a spot in most valuable poster for sure!

x2 on that notion. Edited my previous post to reflect that. :P

I think that it's rather hard to vote for people because, personally, I don't really pay attention that much to who's really here... just the people that ARE here at a given point in time. Some of us, like misanthrope, come in and blow our minds away with a very debatable point or at least provoke thought on another perspective of things, and then there are some of us who live here but post drivel and repeat the sentiments of everyone above them. (Sometimes I read threads and although I do agree and/or want to throw out my consoling thoughts, I leave the thread be since it's not any more comforting for me to add one more "I'm sorry" to the thousands of other "I'm sorry" posts.) (However, I will drive in a point if it deserves "driving," like misanthrope's valuable posting.

There are other older members here that come and go with the wind too. For some reason, WaterMonkey sticks in my mind probably because he seems like a discussion instigator... in a good way. He probably made three posts I've actually read, but they were good enough for me to remember him by name. Same with serverph. And sheepdog. And buxgoddess. And TikiPrincess, when she was active. And bthaxor. And SaraInWasteland. Same with a good handful of people that I've mentioned and not mentioned, in the past and present.

It's a tough call.

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

Updated on 11.12.2009Trapper of the year: mahesh2k, Nameless_, The Simpleton(3), Ash-Bash, truefusionMost Valuable Poster: truefusion(2), Nameless_,Ash-Bash(2), TheDarkHacker,The Simpleton(5), rayzoredge, rvalkass, anwii, k_nitin_r, BuffaloHelp, kobra500, rpgsearcherz, BaniBoy, inverse_bloom, mahesh2K, rob86, serverph, Spudd, misanthrope(2)Mod of the year: rvalkass(4), jlhaslip(4), Saint Micheal(2), galexcd , truefusion(2)Most Helpful Member: mahesh2k(3), truefusion(3), Nameless_(2), TheDarkHacker, rvalkass(2), inverse_bloom(2), anwiii,xpress, shadowx, BuffaloHelpMost Improved Member: .:Piper_2051:.,Ash-Bash(3), SpiderVV(2)GFXtrap GFX Elite: Tramposch(3), Baniboy(4), inverse_bloom 7Gears Gamer of the Year- rpgsearcherz1337 Programmer: jlhaslip(2), truefusion(4), TheDarkHacker(2), OpaQue(2), rvalkass, galexcdComedian of the Year- Saint_Michael(3), Fermin25Shoutboxer of the Year - Baniboy(4), Nameless, Ash-Bash, -Sky-(3),Saint MichealLives at Xisto - OpaQue, Nameless_(5), TheDarkHacker, The Simpleton(2), Ash-Bash(2), truefusion, rvalkass, jhalslip, anwii, inverse_bloom, sheepdog, Echo_of_thunder, rpgsearcherz, mahesh2K, TheDisturbedOneMost Reported Posts: Ash-bash, mahesh2k, shadowx, TheDisturbedOneTech Geek?rayzoredge(3), truefusion, rvalkass, jhalslip, tramposche, bluedragon, k_nitin_r, Ash-Bash, BuffaloHelp, Saint Michael, shadowx, WatermonkeyWelcome Commitee: SpiderVV(3), Ash-Bash(6), -Sky-(3), Nameless_(3), The Simpleton, Fractured.LogicTrap Eye for the Poor Guy- varaluCrazy Reviewer Person?Saint_Michael(2)Dr.Phil Wannabe: anwii(5), inverse_bloom, sheepdogMost Creative Trapper: patavinatech, Nameless_, TheDarkHacker, -Sky-Person most likely to be Bill Gates Boss- OpaQueNOTE: (STILL AN UNOFFICIAL COUNT)  :: 6 DAYS REMAINING TO VOTE!

That's nice, The Simpleton. Keep up the good work!!! :P I love how this forum works though... I swear, the members here are the most friendliest out of ANY of the forums that I haven ever saw. Friendly AND loyal to Xisto as well... keep up the good work! Opaque is very lucky to have these members in his forum, though of course, he must have played a part in making this forum the way it is today. :PHappy Christmas and a Very Happy new Year! I'm so glad that I joined this forum and didn't ditch it as I nearly did because my mycents wasn't really showing when I was just starting. But now that I am here, I am very happy, and I have never regretted coming to Xisto. The only reason why my site is online today is because of everyone here on this forum, and I would like to thank you very very much.Thanks for supporting me!!! :D You have made one of my dreams come true. :D

Well SM today is the 15th and this topic should be closed and the awards counted I hope I get one and good luck to the rest of you. Don't worry if you don't get one there is always next year to prove yourself.

are you confusing nominations with voting? i think you are. voting hasn't even started yet ashbash. you're a newbie to the awards, i know :P

Well SM today is the 15th and this topic should be closed and the awards counted I hope I get one and good luck to the rest of you. Don't worry if you don't get one there is always next year to prove yourself.

are you confusing nominations with voting? i think you are. voting hasn't even started yet ashbash. you're a newbie to the awards, i know :P

Why do you continue to flame people like Ash?

you're a newbie to the awards, i know

That is considered flaming. :/