xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2010 Trap17 Awards

I didn't realise that you can double nominate someone. If this is the case, I would also like to nominate mahesh2k for the Trapper of the Year... I'm not sure if you can nominate mods of this one, but anyway... :) That's for helping me out in all problems that I have had ever since I came here as a newbie not knowing anything at all...

But anyway, do you know what you should have a category for?

A retarded and stupid questioner - Someone who nearly always posts and make new threads in the Questions and Queries section of Xisto, often posting very stupid questions and annoying the more expert and advanced members of Xisto with unnecessary long posts and not helping and making matters worse when trying to apologise. Always somehow seem to go into problems and dilemmas that a normal average newbie would be smart to avoid. Doesn't know the difference between A to Z in computing language. :(

No guesses who that would be. :D

Ok for those who are first timers to the Xisto awards, you can nominate as many people as you want to as many categories as you want, however, you would want to nominate those whom the category fits. Also you can nominate mods as well to any category you see fit.Should have mention this, but the Most Reported Posts is a moderator category in which nominate those who have reported posts either for spamming, off topic etc etc, basically if your helping keeping the forums clean through the use of the reported post function.

I am not aware of any mentally retarded people that frequent Xisto.
Also it seems like almost all the people here are first timers for Xisto Awards...

Oh really? I'm touched then... :) But anyway... I still can't believe that I have spent four months at Xisto and still haven't gotten my website online yet... and I've been distracted by so many things... like making money online, stacking myCENTS and so on and so on where I could've just started straightaway and gotten right into it. :-/ And even though I learnt lots of stuff I still have a long way to go... You know, I used to be like, argh, that's a crappy website. I bet I can do better than that. But I didn't know that there were lots things involved like setting up Filezilla and all that. And now I realise how bad I actually am. And plus, the design of a website can easily be cheated and made to look good by using other peoples templates... so... :(

And I'm still working on it right now... :D But anyway... yeah, I believe that the reason why there are first timers for Xisto awards is because many people are new here and have only been here for a year or two. The older and more advanced members of this forum seem to have drifted away apart from some loyal members... :D I wonder why though. I don't see myself drifting away from Xisto in the near future, but who knows? Things might change... ...

Don't get discouraged too much _Nameless, thats usually how it goes in web design and development, your learning path unexpectedly takes its own course and there is so much to learn. Its a constant learning experience. Yeah i vote SheepDog for dog whisperer as well if that is possible, for no other reason than SheepDog being a great Xisto member. :)

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Don't get discouraged too much _Nameless, thats usually how it goes in web design and development, your learning path unexpectedly takes its own course and there is so much to learn. Its a constant learning experience.
Yeah i vote SheepDog for dog whisperer as well if that is possible, for no other reason than SheepDog being a great Xisto member. :(

Haha, I suppose. I am just determined to finish this small project of mine. I get into a lot of different projects, but I never ever finish them, and I am nearly done, I think. Learning all about domain names and webservers... :) Unlike most people my age I don't go on Facebook or MSN or anything, and instead spend my time on projects like this. But of course, unless you finish it, it wouldn't count as one, so basically I just wasted all my time and I am determined to not do that this time. :( It's going on fairly well, I think. :D

You know, talking about new categories, I would be voting for you as the "Best Web Designer Website Builder". I've been to your site a couple of times and I really like it. :D I'm mean, the design and all that, especially the use of grey.... :D I've been looking at different web designer's pages and yours stood out the most... I don't know if it is just me, but many web designer's pages are rather dull and look like an average website, like they took the template out of a free source and used that instead...

Hey thanks for that mate, actually I've been working quietly in the background to improve my skills. I've got plans to really improve my site in every way but it has been a long build up so far. I want to really give people something when they come to my site, by making the best tutorial content i can possibly produce. Another issue for not being able to finalize my design (as far as I'm concerned) is i just don't have enough content to lay it out in the way i want. I also wanted to port it to the "Magento" CMS and push the interactivity further with JavaScript. I should focus a bit more on this project as i have been sidetracked on others.

How I managed to miss this topic?? A little late, but here I come!

GFXtrap GFX EliteBaniboy. I don't know about you, but that cake was awesome. Sure, that may not be enough of a reason for nominating him given the description, but that cake was good, and he has been improving on his graphics.

OMG!! THANKS!!! Really, I couldn't have even thought of being nominated for anything!! thanks very much! I'll continue doing more GFX *opens up GIMP* :)

One more to put into the nomination list. I would like to nominate Baniboy for the Shoutboxer of the Year... I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like many times when I had a help question and that I need answered and no one was there to answer and reply to my thread and posts and when I posted up the question onto the Shoutbox he would reply if he is online and help me out... strangely, on the shoutbox more than in my threads... in fact, while he barely reply to my threads, he would rather help me on the Shoutbox and send me resources because I posted on the shoutbox instead.

Therefore, I believe that I can safely assume and say that baniboy prefers posting and helping people on the shoutbox than posting in threads to help them out... what do you think? I'm sorry if I got this wrong, baniboy, but I still believe that you should be the shoutboxer of the year even so.

OMG!! Another one! :( Thanks a lot! Well, I prefer helping (well, at least trying to help) through shoutbox because it's faster to respond and help through it. Thanks for the nomination!

Here's my relatively short list:

Lives at Xisto - Nameless_ - Well, you really do post a lot, and long posts too. And for the last few months, I feel you never left the forums, not even for lunch :D

Dr. Phil Wannabe - iGuest and anwii! No other way to put this thing :D

Most Valuable Poster - Well, the first member that popped in my mind was truefusion! Your posts are spam-free(:D), very informative and helpful.

Trapper of the Year - The Simpleton! You post a lot, and your posts aren't spam, they're fun to read and I enjoy reading some topics that you post.

Moderator of the year - jlhaslip - You helped me last year with my codes and a lot of other stuff, you deserve this. I forgot to vote last year.

Okay, that's it.

Thanks for the nominations again. And remember to post more nominees! We don't have enough of them. Like tech geek is empty, and I really don't know what to put in there.

I think Nameless_ is very good member and his posts are long,good informed etc. I hate people which are pressing enter so much in their posts,because adding empty line should be only added if you think on that way people will read it better,paragraphs will be separated.Sorry because last few weeks i wasn't on this forum and i did not post that much,but i had lots of tests in school and i had very much work.If i posted more +20 posts Trap will got.Lives at Xisto should go to me because i can't live without this forum and that is the motivation why i got that much mycents and posts here for 1 month.I can't nominate so much because i am not here so much i need to stay minimum 3 months to see how much really this members are good.This is the whole list,from people i can nominate:Moderator of the Year-rvalkass-very good member which is helping muchMost Helpful Member-Nameless-good poster,good helperWelcoming Committee-Sky-i think Sky has very much welcomings :)GFXtrap GFX Elite-i can't choose member...As i can see most nominations goes for Baniboy,so include me there

Trapper of the Year-

Nameless

Most Valuable Poster-

Nameless, Ash-Bash, TheDarkHacker (TDH)

Moderator of the Year-

Well, I must vote Mikey (Saint_Michael) for this! :D

Most Helpful Member-

TDH, Ash-Bash, Nameless

Most Improve Member of the Year-

SpiderVV

GFXtrap GFX Elite-

Baniboy

7Gears Gamer of the Year-

??

1337 Programmer-

TDH, OpaQue, truefusion

Comedian of the Year-

Saint_Michael (SM)

Shoutboxer of the Year-

hmm, Nameless, baniboy, Ash-Bash and SM

Lives at Xisto-

TDH, Nameless

Most Reported Posts-

Ash-Bash?

Tech Geek-

N/A :(

Welcome Committee-

Ash-Bash and SpiderVV

Trap Eye for the Poor Guy-

N/A

Most Creative Trapper-

Nameless, TDH

Person most likely to be Bill Gates Boss-

OpaQue FTW!! :)

I don't know whether I'm even eligible to nominate members now, because I'm still pretty new here and visit very rarely.However, I do notice a few members whose posts stand out from the rest of the crowd, so I would like to put in some names over here :) To the others whose names I missed - I'm sorry - maybe I didn't have enough time to know you. Anyway I'm just one single guy - I'm sure the deserving candidates will definitely get a lot of nominations from the more regular members. All the best to everyone!

Trapper of the Year- I may seem biased while nominating The Simpleton for this, but he is the one who referred me to these forums and I do note many of his threads being active around the forums so I feel he deserves this.

Most Valuable Poster- I was going to say TS again, but I would like to nominate Ash-Bash because of the numerous tutorials he posts!

Moderator of the Year- In a flash the name rvalkass comes to mind when I think of this category.

Most Helpful Member- mahesh2k In many threads seeking help, this guy's reply is one of the fastest and the most helpful :D

Shoutboxer of the Year- -Sky- seen a number of helpful shouts from this member

Lives at Xisto- For this I nominate Nameless_ and The Simpleton. They don't seem to leave trap and are close on each others heels in the number of postings. Saint Michael may be the member with the most number of posts but he better watch out for these two guys!!!

Welcome Committee- Ash-Bash Always provides helpful links for new members

That's it - for the other categories I give a null vote because I don't know most of the members over here so I don't know about their skills yet. Hopefully next year I will know enough to submit a full set of nominations :( All the best to all the nominees!!!

I was looking for a way to kill a good Sunday and thought to spend some time with this thread. I haven't finalized my nominations yet because I'm finding it hard to select between equally good members - anyway I hope to put in my list in 2 days. And a big thank you to inverse_bloom, rob86,Nameless_, Baniboy and H.O.D for voting for me - I'm really surprised that I made it this far. Anyway,in the meantime, I thought it might interest you to know how the categories stand now, so I compiled the list of nominees for each category so far and am putting it here :) I've not included the nominations made by ordinary members for the "Most Reported" category because only mods can vote for it, right? Other than that I hope I've not made any mistake in counting the number of votes. And anyway this is only an unofficial count so it's not final :( I'm putting it in code tags instead of quotes because I feel it's more clear in code tags....

Updated on 15.11.2009Trapper of the year: mahesh2k, Nameless_, The Simpleton(3)Most Valuable Poster: truefusion, Nameless_,Ash-Bash(2), TheDarkHacker,The Simpleton(4)Mod of the year: rvalkass(3), jlhaslip(2), Saint Micheal(2), galexcdMost Helpful Member: mahesh2k(3), truefusion, Nameless_(2), TheDarkHacker, rvalkass, inverse_bloomMost Improved Member: .:Piper_2051:.,Ash-Bash, SpiderVV(2)GFXtrap GFX Elite: Tramposch(2), Baniboy(4), inverse_bloom7Gears Gamer of the Year- rpgsearcherz 1337 Programmer: jlhaslip, truefusion(2), TheDarkHacker,OpaQue(2)Comedian of the Year- Saint_Michael(2)Shoutboxer of the Year - Baniboy(3), Nameless, Ash-Bash, -Sky-,Saint MichealLives at Xisto - OpaQue, Nameless_(4), TheDarkHacker, The SimpletonMost Reported Posts: Ash-bash, mahesh2k, shadowx, TheDisturbedOneTech Geek—rayzoredge(2)Welcome Commitee: SpiderVV(3), Ash-Bash(4), -Sky-(2), Nameless_(2)Trap Eye for the Poor Guy- varaluCrazy Reviewer Person—Saint_Michael(2)Dr.Phil Wannabe: anwii(3)Most Creative Trapper: patavinatech, Nameless_, TheDarkHacker, -Sky-Person most likely to be Bill Gates Boss- OpaQueNOTE: Still an unofficial count only! Apologies if I have missed someone or made any mistake in counting!
Edited by The Simpleton (see edit history)

Yeah just created a possible trap 17 awards banner. Here -post-81907-1257918728_thumb.pngWhat do you think yay or nay :) ?........... :(

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)