xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2010 Trap17 Awards

It is that time again, it is almost the end of the year and that means the Xisto awards are upon us. The process is simple, nominate as many people as you want for each category, even yourself and by December 15, those with the most votes will move on to the finals and people will get to vote for the overall winners.

Now to pick your nominations, here are the following categories you can nominate people in.

Trapper of the Year-This award goes to the member who has gone beyond the standards of a normal member. This includes quality posting, helping out others, reporting spam, and anything we can't think of.

Most Valuable Poster-
This award goes to the person or persons whose post are quality, spam free, and are interesting for other members to read and post about.

Moderator of the Year-
This award goes to the moderator who has does outstanding work for its members both new and old, providing the best support making sure Xisto remains a quality website to come to.

Most Helpful Member-
Well this awards says it all as this award goes to the person or personswho goes beyond the normal standards of a regular member. They help out anyone who asks, provides the best support for various problems, or even lending out a few hosting credits to those in need.

Most Improve Member of the Year-
This award goes to the person or persons who started out on shaking grounds as a member and through series of warnings and or suspensions and in the course of the year become a saint in the forums.

GFXtrap GFX Elite-
This award goes to the person or persons with outstanding graphics ability, providing resources for other members, and general graphics support to others that are starting out.

7Gears Gamer of the Year-
This award goes to the person or persons who spends most of their posting days in the gaming forums talking nothing but games and gaming news.

1337 Programmer-
This award goes to the person or persons who provides outstanding coding support to various members, design scripts for others and going one step further in the daily programming needs.

Comedian of the Year-
Lets just say the person who wins this should have their own special on Comedy Central. This award goes to the person who is just crazy in the forums and in the shoutbox.

Shoutboxer of the Year-
This award goes to the person or persons who do nothing but shout all day and maybe post once or twice a month.

Lives at Xisto-
This award goes to the person or persons who basically never leave trap and does pretty much everything to make trap a better place to be.

Most Reported Posts-
This category is for the staff of Xisto to pick a person or persons who they see the most when reviewing topics that have been reported during the year.

Tech Geek-
This award goes to the person or persons who doing most of their posting in the technology, internet, and Computer forums.

Welcome Committee-
This award goes to the person or persons who do most of their posting in the Introduction forums and help welcome new members into the Xisto World.

Trap Eye for the Poor Guy-
This award goes to the person or persons who do most of their posting in the freebies section letting people know about free stuff basically.

Crazy Reviewer Person-
This category is a combination of the Trapinion Forums, Giveaway of the Day Forums, Movie Forums, and gaming reviews. This award goes to the person or persons who posts consist of reviews of various kinds that are spread which fall under the forums mentions above.

Dr. Phil Wannabe-
This award goes to the best who gives out the best advice to people who having relationship problems or need a shoulder to cry on.

Most Creative Trapper-
This award goes to the person or persons with great writing skills, and lyrical skills and post up their material for others to enjoy.

Youtube Junkie (New Category)-
This award goes to the person or persons who do nothing but post videos of funny or interesting stuff for others to enjoy.

Person most likely to be Bill Gates Boss-
This award goes to the person or person's who topics and posts are actually smart and well written and also who makes great posts in the My Ideas, Theories, Possibilities, Innovation Forum.

Also, because of my busy schedule, looking for people to design the Xisto award banner that will be used in January for the the award, and also looking for someone to keep a tally on who has been nominated and how many times they been nominated. If interested in any of these jobs, drop me a line on msn to let me know or send your Xisto banners to me.

Good Luck and let the fun begin.

Can I nominate myself for most improved? I was a member last Jan, but never online, and now I am posting as often as possible... Thats an improvment right?

sweet deal... I just want to clarify that I am sorry for my absence in the past, but swear I will be on the Trap, most likely everyday...

Wow the awards! Can't wait to get started. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Pirates of The Caribbean 3 kind of voting - where everyone nominates themselves :( Anyway, I almost have my list ready, and just have a doubt before I go ahead and post the list - do I keep the nominations in quotes or post it directly? I ask because there are so many categories and just posting the categories' names and nominee names is enough to earn 100 myCENTs for anyone :)

For me the most valuable poster would be "The Simpleton", i reckon he deserves it. Good on ya.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

Wow the awards! Can't wait to get started. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Pirates of The Caribbean 3 kind of voting - where everyone nominates themselves :( Anyway, I almost have my list ready, and just have a doubt before I go ahead and post the list - do I keep the nominations in quotes or post it directly? I ask because there are so many categories and just posting the categories' names and nominee names is enough to earn 100 myCENTs for anyone :)

If it's a large list then go ahead and put it in quotes but if you only select a few people in a couple of categories that is fine as well. Of course, when it comes to self nomination, don't just your name on all the categories as some of them are forum specific and of course not everyone is a mod either. So as you go through the categories, think about where you posted within that year the most and there you go.

I honestly dont think Im qualified to nominate anyone (except myself for most improved (kinda as a joke)). As for best mod, I like all of you so I cant decide...

It is that time again, it is almost the end of the year and that means the Xisto awards are upon us.

Oh no, not again. :)
Always a big dissapointment, for me anyway, since I don't even remotley fit into any of the catagories. I don't know squat about computers, I don't play computer games, no Doctor Phill here, my advice is always to quit whinning and get over it, anyway, you get the picture, it's a hopeless dream for me.

OK... great. I've got a few people that I really want to nominate... Of course, I won't be nominating for myself... I personally don't think that it is right... but I have a few names and some of them overlap the criterias... oh well, I'll do my best. :)

This is the list (so far, that is... I haven't gotten everyone down and stuff... but I might add more to that later...):

Moderator of the Year- rvalkass!!! For helping me all the time... :D I was deciding who to give "Most Helpful Member" to until I saw this one... I thought that it would be perfect for you... (sorry, jlhaslip. It was a close one... :()

Most Helpful Member- I don't know about lending a few myCENTS credits for those in need. I don't think that there is a feature like that one here on Xisto... but anyway. This goes to mahesh2k for helping me out on basically everything throughout the year ever since I came here as a total noob that doesn't know the difference between a domain name and a hosting webserver.

GFXtrap GFX Elite- Um... Tramposch? That is the only member I can think of being related to any GFX things in Xisto... and plus, the hosting of the SOTW (SIgnature of week) competitions were great until Tramposch got busy and couldn't go on anymore...

1337 Programmer- Haha, I felt sorry for jlhaslip so I thought I would nominate him for this one... this is for helping my with the php() info code when I first started... I'm pretty sure there are other programmers out there, though I don't know much and only jlhaslip came into my mind.

Welcome Committee- Um... SpiderVV? He always goes around in the introduction sections to post about important things and stuff like rules and all that, so I think that it should go to him.

Dr. Phil Wannabe- anwii for me... :D he helped me quite a bit... though I don't see him that often now... hmm...

That is all for now... I want to put a few more people somewhere, but I don't really know where... (people like The Simpleton), but anyway... a question: is Saint Michael also eligible for this?

Most Helpful Member- truefusion - while many people on Xisto are helpful, truefusion seems to know a lot about everything and helped me a few times!Most Valuable Poster- The_Simpleton - interesting guy who starts or contributes to some of the most interesting spam-free threads. 1337 Programmer- truefusion - seems to be for the same reason as the other award, but his skill with different languages was helpful.Most Creative Member - patavinatech - No idea who this person is, but they wrote probably the worst poem and hence most memorable poem I ever read on Xisto.Most Reported Posts - Nameless - Somehow managed to whiz by me and almost double me on the post count despite registering after me?! I think that's an impressive amount of posts.Dog Whisperer Award - sheepdog, for the interesting animal related posts I enjoyed reading when I was new here.

Most Reported Posts - Nameless - Somehow managed to whiz by me and almost double me on the post count despite registering after me?! I think that's an impressive amount of posts.

Haha... I suppose I have that kind of thing on me... I don't really know why though, but I am pretty proud of it, you can say...
But thanks for the nomination... I've got a new nomination I would like to put in.
Anyway, I thought that I would just like to go with inverse_bloom and make The Simpleton a Valuable Poster... I think he deserves it too... :) Good luck everyone and well done to the people that make it!!!

Now I know how those awards came to be... I was always wondering about it, you know? I thought that that might have been from long ago when the forums were still new or something like that, but anyway...:D Now I know... it's a good thing it's still ongoing though. I appreciate that. :(

Most valuable poster—while "poster" is singular, i don't believe "All members of Xisto" cannot be added to the poll.Most Improved Member—out of all the ones i can think of, Ash-bash beats them all. I feel this position is more for staff members to be nominating.Welcoming Committee—SpiderVV, -Sky-, Ash-Bash and Nameless_. At least one of these can be seen in the Introductions forum's latest topics.Most Reported Posts: Ash-bash, definitely. Any others i'd say would be mahesh2k, shadowx and TheDisturbedOne (can't remember many others). Since staff members are basically the only ones to nominate others for this position, shouldn't that mean that only staff members should be allowed to vote for them? While you can't stop others from voting for them (since there's no way to distinguish between users), i can only assume that what staff members say about each could skew the results.Crazy Reviewer Person—Saint_Michael, even if the reviews are a few months old. Just the term "movie" seems to have S_M written all over it for me.GFXtrap GFX Elite—Baniboy. I don't know about you, but that cake was awesome. Sure, that may not be enough of a reason for nominating him given the description, but that cake was good, and he has been improving on his graphics.Lives at Xisto—this one should be obvious: OpaQue. Though people may leave (for whatever reason), if Xisto is still up, you can expect OpaQue to still be around.Tech Geek—rayzoredge.I'll edit this post if anymore come to mind.

One more to put into the nomination list. I would like to nominate Baniboy for the Shoutboxer of the Year... I don't know if it is just me, but it seems like many times when I had a help question and that I need answered and no one was there to answer and reply to my thread and posts and when I posted up the question onto the Shoutbox he would reply if he is online and help me out... strangely, on the shoutbox more than in my threads... in fact, while he barely reply to my threads, he would rather help me on the Shoutbox and send me resources because I posted on the shoutbox instead.

Therefore, I believe that I can safely assume and say that baniboy prefers posting and helping people on the shoutbox than posting in threads to help them out... what do you think? I'm sorry if I got this wrong, baniboy, but I still believe that you should be the shoutboxer of the year even so.