xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online [resolved] Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

Thanks xpress, :) Ok more set of questions:1) How can i shift to logic plan from my current PlanC/PlanA for my 2 domains?2) How can i enable Mycents system?

Thanks xpress, :)

Ok more set of questions:

1) How can i shift to logic plan from my current PlanC/PlanA for my 2 domains?

2) How can i enable Mycents system?

Register here...

support.xisto.com

with the same email address you used to register at Xisto. Then after 4 to 5 hours you'll see myCents in your account. In futre once you reach 100 myCents they will be converted into xisto dollars. And also you'll see some xistodollars in your account for all your 329 posts upto now. You can see your xistodollars and myCents below your username(avatar if you have) here.

And I'm sorry, I don't know about Xisto - Web Hosting old plans. Admins have to answer it. :)

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

2) is Mycents program optional? i mean if we don't remain active on forum, this will affect mycent area and that could affect hosting site/domain, so is mycent optional or will be compulsory in future?MyCENTS remains optional to Xisto - Web Hosting clients :)

Just one other thing I've been wondering... once we have paid for our hosting with our myCents that we've accumulated, will our site go down if our hosting credits go into the negative? I know that hosting credits will become a thing of the past sometime in the future, but until they do, what will happen if our current hosting credits run out?

Just one other thing I've been wondering... once we have paid for our hosting with our myCents that we've accumulated, will our site go down if our hosting credits go into the negative? I know that hosting credits will become a thing of the past sometime in the future, but until they do, what will happen if our current hosting credits run out?

The myCents is soon going to take over for the hosting credits but for the moment Hosting Credits run your account. In order to keep that account you have to purchase a package using your myCents but make sure to apply for the same subdomain as the one you have on your Hosting Credit account. In the notes area you just have to put your cPanel user name and password into the note field for the admin to make sure your information stays the same. This then will transfer you to run off the myCent system and keep your account once Hosting Credits are discontinued. This also will essentially take you off the Hosting Credit system as if you go negative it will not matter because you have paid for a month or more with your myCents. Hopefully this helped you as it seems a little confusing. Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

I have a quick question.This managed DNS thing. I read about it, and it says there's # Total Control over SOA, A, MX, CNAME, NS records and TTL# ZERO propagation delay for any additions or updates# Support for round robin DNS# Geographically distributed cluster of servers in world-class facilities geared to deliver 100% DNS uptimeNow my question is where will the control panel to access all of these be? Will it be located in the Cpanel itself, or some kind of separate paneling just for the DNS?

Yes, that definitely helped, Plenoptic. Thanks for clarifying that for me :) I still couldn't find that notes section you mentioned, where I'm supposed to add my cPanel information, so I sent a ticket along with the order (and included the order number, plus my cPanel login and password), so hopefully that will make everything work out okay.Thanks again for the information!

From what I understand about DNS management on computingshost you need to go to log into your XiDomain account and manage the DNS from there.

Now my question is where will the control panel to access all of these be? Will it be located in the Cpanel itself, or some kind of separate paneling just for the DNS?

If you have domain name at Xisto - Web Hosting you can go here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Login with your Xisto - Support username and password. You can manage your domain like changing name servers etc here. You'll find the Managed DNS option there. But unfortunately its a paid service. You need to order this Managed DNS to manage your zone records at an additional cost of $0.99 yearly.

I kind of missed the last few days in Xisto and so many things have changed. I will consider the change is for good.
So... now the credit stuff will be closed shortly and we will be moving to myCents. That much i understood.

All i need to know is...
I have a free web hosting account in Xisto. Do i have to register for that again once the credit system expires?
Only now, I registered myself in https://support.xisto.com/ and after reading the forums, I came to know how it works. I think that will get linked to my Xisto account in few hours and i will start accumulating myCents....

HOw easy it is to start over again? - I mean the switching and stuff without my site going down for long?
Do i have to make any changes in DNS and stuff when this transition happens? The whole point is that... these days I am spending less and less time here and do not want to go through the hassle. Hope they make it easier for the members who already have an hosting account. From the record, I believe they will do so...

Also.. I think this is very cool, as more things can be done using the cents i earn... which was not possible using the credits earned.
Thanks Xisto for all you do and for the great ideas. You rock.

i have a question i need answered. i have a domain name through Xisto - Web Hosting right now. now that mycents and the converted earnings are connected now with Xisto - Web Hosting, would that domain be renewed automatically? or are the hosting accounts renewed automatically if you have enough funds in your mycents or do you have to reorder to pay for another year?reason why i ask is that i don't want my domain renewed with the credits i have automatically so if it is automatic, what do i have to do to cancel any order? also i thought i heard someone say that if you have enough mycents or converted credits actually, orders would be automatic and deducted directly through your credit account.

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Well I have been gone for a couple months and wow alot of changes, I have been reading up on the new mycents and I think its a great idea, I believe I ahve myself already all sigend up for it, I cant wait to get unsuspended and get back up and running very interested in seeing the changes and Im almost there. Anyway Nice job on the new setup Sounds great!!

I kind of missed the last few days in Xisto and so many things have changed. I will consider the change is for good.So... now the credit stuff will be closed shortly and we will be moving to myCents. That much i understood.

All i need to know is...
I have a free web hosting account in Xisto. Do i have to register for that again once the credit system expires?
Only now, I registered myself in https://support.xisto.com/ and after reading the forums, I came to know how it works. I think that will get linked to my Xisto account in few hours and i will start accumulating myCents....

HOw easy it is to start over again? - I mean the switching and stuff without my site going down for long?
Do i have to make any changes in DNS and stuff when this transition happens? The whole point is that... these days I am spending less and less time here and do not want to go through the hassle. Hope they make it easier for the members who already have an hosting account. From the record, I believe they will do so...

Also.. I think this is very cool, as more things can be done using the cents i earn... which was not possible using the credits earned.
Thanks Xisto for all you do and for the great ideas. You rock.

Well if you haven't moved your hosting account to the new system by the time the MyCents is permanent then you have to re-register your hosting account from scratch, meaning that you will lose everything once hosting credits is turned off. So as long as you have registered on Xisto - Support then you will be able to start earning MyCents and then when you have the right amount of money for what you need then just order your package and then in a few days your account will be updated if your hosted under the new system and expect to wait a bit longer if you are not.

It is easy because all that is being done is a small update to your account and so you will not suffer any down time as long as you match what your new account has to what your old account is using right now. When ordering your hosting package you have the options of getting a new domain, transferring your name or updating the name servers and if you have a Xisto domain or a TLD just select the third option and your set. The ordering process is easy its deciding what you want in your hosting package that is difficult :) and yeah thanks to the new MyCents a lot more options have been giving to us members and so we can make are website much bigger instead of making it limited under the old plans.

i have a question i need answered. i have a domain name through Xisto - Web Hosting right now. now that mycents and the converted earnings are connected now with Xisto - Web Hosting, would that domain be renewed automatically? or are the hosting accounts renewed automatically if you have enough funds in your mycents or do you have to reorder to pay for another year?
reason why i ask is that i don't want my domain renewed with the credits i have automatically so if it is automatic, what do i have to do to cancel any order? also i thought i heard someone say that if you have enough mycents or converted credits actually, orders would be automatic and deducted directly through your credit account.

I do believe when it comes time to renew your hosting you have to do it manually like you would do if your paying for it and you do bring up a good suggestion of maybe adding a auto-payment for mycents and that way you don't have to worry about paying for it as long as you have the funds for it.

well i was against it for my domain so i didn't bring that up haha but yea, i agree, i think that would be a nifty little option.

and you do bring up a good suggestion of maybe adding a auto-payment for mycents and that way you don't have to worry about paying for it as long as you have the funds for it.

I honestly believe that this totally ROCKS! I signed up with Xisto yesterday and my account is still pending. Cant wait to start my hosting with the new credit system. Go MyCENT! Its wicked, seems like real money just for posting? Wicked OpaQue, thanks!