xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online [resolved] Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

Just to let the members know that there are now Three optins for payment.Paypal

MyCents

Another Commercial payment method

Selecting MyCents will deduct the Invoice amount from your XistoDollars account. The other two will require registration and an actual cash payment. The Free Method is using your MyCents from your Xisto Forums posting earnings.

OK i have a question, once i've earned say $10 worth of mycents can i got to Xisto - Web Hosting and order a hosting plan, then every month i have to earn say another $10 to pay off the monthly cost. If so or no how do i?

OK i have a question, once i've earned say $10 worth of mycents can i got to Xisto - Web Hosting and order a hosting plan, then every month i have to earn say another $10 to pay off the monthly cost. If so or no how do i?

Think of myCENT as earning free money from our forum.

When you purchase a hosting plan you can either choose to pay monthly or annually. If you pay monthly, let's say $2.00 a month, you will then pay $2.00 per month and you need to post enough to earn $2.00 a month or $200 myCENT per month. I don't know the rate of your earning but quality posts always produce good amount of myCENT and an average member can easily earn $200 myCENT a month.

If you pay the same hosting plan annually, there should be a discount added that you may only pay $22 a year for a free web hosting, no ads. Then each year you would need to have enough myCENT to be deposit to Account Credit Balance or pay the difference with your PayPal or 2CheckOut.

Alright then, now i get the idea of it. So i did a test order and chose what i wanted and it came to around $11 which i figure meant $11 a month because i selected to pay it monthly.. I get it now and all the hosting plans are with Xisto - Web Hosting?

Alright then, now i get the idea of it. So i did a test order and chose what i wanted and it came to around $11 which i figure meant $11 a month because i selected to pay it monthly.. I get it now and all the hosting plans are with Xisto - Web Hosting?

Yes, yes, and yes. :lol:

Ok one last question, I'm gonna want a domain too. So let me get it straight..I order a domain once i earned what ever i need to, then i order the hosting for the correct amount which will provide me with everything plus the cPanel, i go to my cPanel and park my domain?? Then i pay it off monthly.

I order a domain once i earned what ever i need to, then i order the hosting for the correct amount which will provide me with everything plus the cPanel, i go to my cPanel and park my domain?? Then i pay it off monthly.

Sounds like you're going to get hosting first and then domain name?

Yes. If you purchase hosting plan on monthly basis, i.e. $11 per month, you will pay hosting monthly. But domain purchase is yearly price only. So you would need to pay $9.99 up front and it's good for 1 whole year.

You can choose to register your domain with your hosting. That is, you do not need to PARK your domain with your hosting account (unless you want to--either way it will work just fine). You can submit a request to have your domain name tied to your hosting account whenever you want to.

BuffaloHELP answered your question, but here's a more detailed explanation. There are several options for buying a domain.

You can buy a domain along with a hosting account. When starting an order, you will be asked whether you want to register a new domain, transfer an old one to Xisto (you won't be needing this), use a domain registered somewhere else or use a subdomain. If you choose the first option, a new domain will be registered and linked to your account automatically.

If you decide to use a previously registered domain, it will again be linked with your account automatically, but you will have to change its nameservers to NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM and NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM at your registrar.

Finally, if you decide to use a subdomain, you will have to park the domain you want to use, while also changing the nameservers as mention above.

All things considered, the easiest way would be to accumulate enough money for both a hosting account and a domain, and then order both simultaneously through Xisto - Support. Edited by pyost (see edit history)

Are there any estimates as to when the old system is going to be terminated and the new system will fully take over? (fairly sure this hasn't yet been asked, but I could be wrong =.=)

Are there any estimates as to when the old system is going to be terminated and the new system will fully take over? (fairly sure this hasn't yet been asked, but I could be wrong =.=)

Actually your the 1,000,000th person to ask j/k :lol, but no one has an idea when the old system will go and the new system will be in place permanently. Odd's are though that maybe the beginning of next year that the v3 will be 100% and the hosting credits will be an after thought.

I haven't heard a date yet but I think they want to give those people that post a bunch in one month and then leave for a while because they have enough credits to do so and then come back when they get low on credits time to come here and see that we are changing systems so they have time to change. Thats just my guess eirther that or they just want to make sure this new myCent thing works before deleting the old system.

Question: The posts above have got me kind of confused. If you buy a top level domain and hosting at the same time from Xisto - Support do you need to park that domain in your cpanel then? If not when do you have to park your domain? I never parked a domain before and the posts above made me feel like I am suppose to.