xisto Community
NJ_STORM

Current Situation With Trap17 Hosting Help, can not get to anything

Okay, this is an improvement, at least I can log-in now with my usual name... and I have received a PM from a member, so all is not lost.Patience will be required here. I'm certain that Opaque and the Server tech's are all working towards getting everything up and running fine.Thanks.

It would appear our data is back, and sites are back online. However, parked and addon domains are not yet working, along with FTP access or cPanel.

I was about to create an account in here, but I've got my doubts about the seriousness of the admins.
IE in Saint Michael's case I don't know how it can "take a while" to restore a MySQL dump. I mean, I'd understand if they had a major server failure or something, but it was just corrupted data, nothing that an older dump cannot recover.

Restoring a single MySQL dump of one or two small tables doesn't take long. Restoring lots of data, like these forums, takes much longer. Restoring an entire server is a daunting prospect, and is a task that cannot be completed without a lot of careful planning.

Events like this are rare, and the server admins are doing their best to get everything up and running as quickly and safely as possible.

My main site is available, but it uses html/css only. A sub-domain which requires Database access can not find the database still. I trust the Server Crew and the Admins are working towards a correct repair as we speak.

Alright.The Update.All accounts have been restored physically. Which means the CPAnel and your "CONTROL" has been restored.The /home/USERNAME/DATA has been restored.MySQL DBs - 1 Week Old BackUp Restored.LOSSES - Sub-Domain, Addon Domain Settings and data about a week old.WHY IT HAPPENED?============1. User Table DB gets curropted.2. SQL queries continue to execute returning value 0.3. CreditSystem Script checked through the status of accounts with 0 credits and VOILA all deleted!4. I got a message of account deleted but as usual being with 100's of tickets with "My account got deleted", I thought this was the same old thing.5. I see Jlhaslip message asking his account data. THINGS get very SERIOUS now because its impossible JLs account lacking credits.6. I run a scan with Logs and find all accounts deleted.7. I disable Credit System Script.8. I made a list of accounts that need to be restored after termination and their blank CPanel accounts were added to server with random passes.9. My support team dumped the DATA and MYSQL in these accounts.10. Finally I m writing you this post explaining everything. TASKS PENDING:===============Re-Activating Credit System script and making sure, no DAMAGE happens.ACTION TAKEN TO SOLVE THIS ERROR===============The CreditSystem will lose its privledge to delete accounts and it will be done Manually Henceforth.ACTION FOR MEMBERS===============UN-PARK and PARK back all addon and parked domains.CPanel Password can be reset by logging to Credit System. (https://support.xisto.com/ )

Yes, I've just managed to regain access to my account. I have exactly the same issues as you, about 3 days it started for me. At first, I thought it was only something small and minor. But the next day, I noticed a few things.1, no notice of any problems with Xisto2, all forums accounts couldn't be accessed3, only new accounts could be viewed and had posted4, the post legacy of members did not show any information of the poster.Someone from Trap really has to make an announcement sometime soon.

Thank you OpaQue, but could you make a duplicate post as a new topic in the announcements section, if it wasn't for rvalkass, I wouldn't of know where to look. This is a very serious issue which needs to be announced correctly.

You sound just like me, only nervous doesn't cover it, I was about in a panic! I did exactly the same thing with the lost password thing, tried that 3 times even. I was sure it had to be something I was doing wrong. And I didn't have any email addresses for anyone here, thought maybe I had one and dug threw several 100 sent messages hoping to find it but no such luck. I was just about to see if I could start a new account just to get in to find out what is going on, but fortunatly I'm back here now and my site is back up.

Isn't really necessary to do so, it would just be duplicating what is already know and for the most part is fixed minus the db problems here and there. Also just in case someone else is running into this problem, I can't see my site through normal means, and it is being worked on at the moment, but I think my situation is a bit unique because of what happen with mine ;). As for wolfpack post, rvalkass pretty much answered it, hese are very large databases with lots of data and so yeah hours would be correct.

This morningI tried visiting my site but I got the default page("If u can see this page it means..."). I refreshed got the same thing. refreshed again site not found. Refreshed again it started loading slowly. I just pray this wont happpen again coz I dont want my visitors seeing that page. I'm sure these guys don't enjoy letting us down so I beleave they are working on it. My advice though is they should create another page to display when our sites are down. Not that Apache thing.

I would also suggest a mirror site at an alternate address in case of the main site being down. Perhaps provide a backup forum in the case of the main site crashing and/or being hijacked into.

I had the same problem for 2 days. Saturday and Sunday.
Now I can get to everything but my site is now off center Echo of Thunder
Yesterday the only way that I could even get onto Xisto forums was to make a new Account NJ_Storm.
Was wondering if I could move the credits that I have there on that account to here?

Also too, Just what happend?

anyone know when subdomains will be fixed?? my main site is online [which i dont really care about really] but my subdomain chantellepaige.org is offline ahhh.. somoene is loosing google ranks here haha.. alsono cpanel yet.. lalala hope im not the only one, who cant access cpanel.. or im screwed

Edited by gisellebebegirl (see edit history)

I have now managed to log into the forum.On Saturday I had still positive credit, but Saturday night, everything was gone.I also came up as a guest on the forum, and logging in was just ignored.Raising tickets with Xisto did not lead to any answers neither.My site (http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk/) still does not work though.

My site has been down since Saturday night, as has my email and my Cpanel.All I got from live online support at Xisto was 'I can't find your domain anywhere on the server, email sales@xisto.com', where I only got an automated reply, and no reply at all to the tickets I have raised.I think they could at least have the decency to reply 'There is currently a problem' or something similar, that is not so much to type, is it?I have been wondering ever since Saturday night what could have happened to my account, and it even looked like I was banned from the forum (fortunately, that seems to be restored now).But then again, not very good practice by Xisto, is it?The last time with the server migration, they left most of us in the dark too.i think they could at least be a bit more communicative with their members.And what if I had had a near zero credit or something?I would have gone negative without realising, or without being able to do anything about it.Come on, Xisto, pull your finger out!!!!!!