xisto Community
NJ_STORM

Current Situation With Trap17 Hosting Help, can not get to anything

Mr dee. they didn't know what hte problem was until last night or rather this morning, and of course OpaQue provided the answer as to what happen. To be quite honest I wouldn't really rely on the live support with Xisto matters, yeah they are support Xisto websites, but I think they are quite clueless when it comes to Xisto problems, especially after I drop so many hints that it was obvious that Xisto was down, but the guy I talk to had no idea. So comparing the server migration with the database corruption incident are completely different based on the situations themselves. We all should be lucky and Xisto didn't lose everything, because that would be a lot of data loss and many man websites gone because of that corruption, and so making sure to back up your websites daily will always help to.

ALSO TO HELP THINGS MOVE FASTER, if your website is still down I suggest that

-List your cpanel login domain

-Your url

-and the problems with the account (Current list of website problems: Databases are down, Cpanel password change, cannot display website (that's after you go through a proxy site) )

Also before you say your website is down go to http://anonymouse.org/ and then enter your site there to see if it is up. If it is up then it is a IP and so just wait a few days for the cache's to clean, and also make sure to clean out your browser caches as well.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I also have problem I am not able to access my site zedsi.com and my blog blog.zedsi.comI hope that someone will shed some light on it. And that this problem will be fixed soon. Since last time my site was offline for something like a month or so.

My site doesn't work also. I have free domain name with Xisto so I would like to know whether I should go to support so that they do "something" or I should just wait.thanks everyone.

Also before you say your website is down go to http://anonymouse.org/ and then enter your site there to see if it is up. If it is up then it is a IP and so just wait a few days for the cache's to clean, and also make sure to clean out your browser caches as well.

This is the reply I get there:

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk/

The following error was encountered:

Unable to determine IP address from host name for http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk/

The dnsserver returned:

Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.

This means that:

The cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the URL.

Check if the address is correct.

So, it is probably not an IP matter.

yah i had the same problem yesterday afternoon but on top of that i could not access the Xisto forum or FTP but now its working for me so i can only assume it should be working for everybody by now. but i dont think php is working because my blog, forum, and the only php page i have is not working, and still no access to cpanel and i can only assume no acess to FTP either.

Edited by etycto (see edit history)

I was wondering what happened as well...My site hosted by Trap is the median spot for me to meet with all of my gaming clan members, so it being down kind of hurts us overall....I also got kicked from 3 credits to -4 during that time as well, in which put us to the "You are no longer hosted" message. Not quite sure why it was using credits if we were unable to 1)see the site and 2)Login to the forums, however. Hopefully it all gets figured out.

Yeah, this really is a serious issue. If we are still not able to log into cPanel, does that mean our passwords have been changed, and if so, are we required to take the 10 credit penalty for changing the password? I currently don't have 10 spare credits to change my password, so therefore, I'm without access to my cPanel. Could you PM me what Xisto changed my password to when restoring all of the hosted sites so I won't suffere the ten credit penalty? I appreciate the work all of you are doing to try and restore everything back to normal. I know it cannot be an easy task. Yesterday, I lost access to everything, and I was very frightened that I had lost all of the time consuming work I had recently done for my site. I contacted the support team and got no response from them. I was really frustrated because I had no idea what was going on. In the future, it would be much appreciated if Xisto could make their members aware of issues shortly after they occur so members don't think their accounts are deleted, banned, etc. I know that's what I was thinking, and I was really upset. Hopefully all of these issues will be resolved shortly.

Hello guys,I went to visit my site, and it reaches all the pages fine but I apparently do not have access to MySQL anymore. Or at least the MySQL accounts I had already created do not. My site is coded around phpBB, so when I go to my website I get phpBB3's error screen telling me the username does not have access to MySQL. Is this just something like I need to 'flip a switch' so to speak to get it working again or is there more to it? I'll do what I can to get it working, I hope I haven't lost everything.

All my files where still there but I did not have acess to cpanel so I had to reset that. once I did that i had to readd the my username and password to mysql and then update any scripts. The only downside is I had to change my password to a longer one because it wouldnt let me use my old short password.

I went to reset my password, and it deducted 15 credits or so so now I am at -12...I accidentally had the password sent to the wrong place so I have to do it again. How many credits is 10 credits going to cost me this time? 47?

I see here that people have problems with cpanel passwords, well, I simply do not have access to my cpanel at all.

It simply says

Address Not Found

http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk/ could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

The URL to access my cpanel is this one:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

So, I cannot change or reset anything.

Same for my site http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk/, nothing at all displays, i can't even access my files as my cpanel is completely down.

I cannot send or receive email from my domain neither.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

I see here that people have problems with cpanel passwords, well, I simply do not have access to my cpanel at all.

It simply says

So, I cannot change or reset anything.

Same for my site http://www.vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk/, nothing at all displays, i can't even access my files as my cpanel is completely down.

i cannot send or receive email from my domain neither.

Access your cpanel through your old Xisto subdomain name. for example I had to acess my cpanel at sonesay.trap17.com/cpanel first then readd my parked domain so now i have access to sonesayi.com/cpanel or what ever. Hope that helps you out.

Access your cpanel through your old Xisto subdomain name. for example I had to acess my cpanel at sonesay.trap17.com/cpanel first then readd my parked domain so now i have access to sonesayi.com/cpanel or what ever. Hope that helps you out.

That has helped to some extent.
My login panel now comes up, but it will not accept my login details.
I just get "login failed".

After posting this I tried again and now I keep getting a Network Timeout.
Edited by mrdee (see edit history)