xisto Community
NJ_STORM

Current Situation With Trap17 Hosting Help, can not get to anything

Using anonymouse, I can now get through to my subdomain (vlaanderen-flanders.trap17.com) to "If you are seeing this page...." (Which mentions Apache), but when trying my cpanel, I can get to it, but still get 'Login failed'.My domain, however (vlaanderen-flanders.org.uk) is not working at all.No site, no email, no FTP, no cpanel no nothing.

all hosted sites affected so it seems... can't a SERVER-wide restoration of ALL accounts be made since i believe there is an existing backup for all? what happens now is that a default page appears, instead of our sites. is that what's supposed to happen? i just wish all my files and DBs are intact.

can't verify if my site is intact though because authentication fails for both FTP and cpanel. went to Xisto - Support live chat, and jeff seem to be very confident that my sites are safe, but i needed to submit my domain infos to shree for resolution. i guess shree will have to deal with ALL of us, one-by-one, this time. that's what live support seems to be able to provide us for now, shree's email.

and since all cpanel authentication details fails, can't the server send us a system-generated login password instead? i'm quite certain that i have my email address filled in when cpanel asks me for mine, as i'm sure all others have done. can't the information be sent that way? i haven't tried generating a cpanel password for myself yet, using the one pointed out by Opaque (https://support.xisto.com/) since a cpanel password reset costs 10 credits, and my credits have not yet reached that amount having only 3 credits to my account. can the password reset 10 credits deduction be waived, Opaque? i'm also alarmed that i may just be wasting the credits i pay for the resetting, if i don't get the information forwarded to me thenafter, just like in jlhaslip's and DeM0nFiRe  cases.

oh well, i suppose i'm just ranting now, having still this unresolved problems after 3 or 4 days. i was just complacently awaiting for this thing to resolve by itself, but now i'm just frustrated. i've prolonged emailing shree this long, since i know he'll be deluged with emails and i know he's trying to resolve things for us, but i guess i can't wait any longer and would have to be part of the wave of emails shree has to contend with.

Alright, so I got my password reset, and everything, so its working nice now.Also, for the database problems, simply run a database repair from the place in the cpanel where it lists all your databases and lets you make new ones...

Just for reference, I requested my password, paying 10 credits, and I indeed received a new password in my email (the same email that I used for Xisto.com's forums).It seems like mySQL users were reset, and addon domains were reset as well. But it was as simple as adding the users back to mySQL and adding the addon domains again. No data or database values were lost!

I too seem to be having this problem, I can't see my site. it's on parked domain http://www.todorowww.net/blog/, and I can't login to my cPanel... I know, it's the password change...Right now, I don't have that amount of credits to spend, to reset my password, and besides, it's not like I want to change the pass, so I don't quite want to give up 10 credits for that...This may just nudge me to switch to Xisto - Web Hosting, for payed hosting, since my real-life duties kind of prevent me from posting all too often...Live chat wasn't any help either, I was wainting for an operator for like a half an hour, and noone appeared, so I closed the live chat... I'll wait some more, and then, if all fails, I'll contact Shree... But I know he has a ton of work cut out for him, and I'm reluctant to bother him just yet... Perhaps he will solve all this automatically...

I am able to access my website but I use a CMS for the majority of it's content, so after the Javascript "splash screen" my website simply shows:

This site is temporarily unavailable.Please notify the System Administrator
Error: Could not connect to the database server

Also, an addon domain on my website is generating the "Apache has been installed on your server" error. I've tried it in Anonymouse, same result.

My CPanel is working, but is refusing my login details. FTP accepts my username, but not my password. Where should I go for support?

I too was unable to post at Xisto forums, access cpanel, or my website. Several days later, I can post (obviously) at the forums, but I can't access cpanel anywhere. And my website is not showing up. I'm wondering what good it would do to request a new password if I can't even get to cpanel to begin with.Does anyone have any status updates?

Everyone who has had Cpanel problems, your passwords have been reset somehow and so you have to get a hold of support and tell them you need a new cpanel password, also for those running DB's odds are your db usernames have disappeared as well. So you either have to restore a back up once you get into cpanel or get a hold of support to restore your complete DB.

So all we have to do is reset our passwords and our accounts will work again? This is so annoying... I just hope my community is still active once it returns. I don't have any recent back-ups of my databases either. If they are gone I hope I will be able to get them from the host backup's. I'm really disappointed with this service now. I suppose you can not run a non-hobby site on a free hosting service. ;)

You really should of made back ups. You cant rely on any hosting server not to fail even with paid hosting make your own back ups just in case theirs do not work.

I have backups, just not recent ones. I had an automated backup system which backed up my database daily, but that failed once my database became too large. I accidentally reset my password twice(thinking the system surely wouldn't let me do it again if i didn't have enough credits), so I went from 11 to -13 credits. I give up on this hosting service.

So does anybody know what's going on with subdomains registered within the last week? I think I was approved for hosting a couple of days before the database crash. If they are gone, I don't mind making a new one - I just want to get my website up already.

Edited by bangms (see edit history)

I don't really see that its fair that we should have to pay 10 credits to get a password reset when it wasn't even our fault that it went down!