xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

Reading two books at the moment:

The Asti Spumante Code by Toby Clements (info on Wikipedia). A parody of The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, quite short, good for a laugh, and still manages to be a good book while parodying pretty much everything wrong with Dan Brown's books ;)

A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. His style of writing is excellent, and it is a truly fascinating and eye-opening book to all aspects of science.

I haven't read any books in a while, due to my busy life... I sue to remember reading lots and lots of books everyday, up to three thick books per day when I was in primary school, but I don't have that privilege of freedom and time anymore...The last book I read was, I suppose, Animal Farm, by George Orwell. I'm sure most of you have read it or seen the name of it somewhere before... It's pretty interesting and I was doing that for English. Just a "Fairy tale" on Politics (some fairy tale!!!), and it doesn't have the usual "And they lived happily ever after" ending in most fairy tale books...But it's still good, and you can see that it isn't for the average three year old child either, I must say.

Hello everyone!The last book or novel I read is about two months back and it is "Kite Runner" by "Khaled Hosseini". Have you ever heard his name? Well not...then its his debut novel. But instead of this it is quite powerful novel. I am little bit confused from where to start about this novel. Let see.. Well, this novel fulfills the promise of fiction, awakening curiosity about the world around us, speaking truth as the lessons of history echo down the years. The themes are universal: familial relationships particularly between father and son; the price of disloyalty; the inhumanity of a rigid class system; and horrific realities of war. After reading this novel I must say that this novel is a must read novel. It is one of the best novel I have read or seen in my whole life. I hope may be this would have increase a little bit of curiosity among you guys to read it...?

The last book I read was "The Fortune At the Bottom of the Pyramid". It gives insights to the marketers to reach to the lower strata of consumers in order to harness huge benefits. In economics, the bottom of the pyramid is the largest, but poorest socio-economic group. In global terms, this is the four billion people who live on less than $2 per day, typically in developing countries. The World Bank estimates the number of people under this criterion to be 2.7 billion as per its 2001 estimates. The phrase "bottom of the pyramid" is used in particular by people developing new models of doing business that deliberately target that demographics, often using new technology. This field is also often referred to as the "Base of the Pyramid" or just the "BoP".he Bottom of the Pyramid (BOP) has emerged as a dominant concept in business, propelled by C.K Prahalad's (2005) The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Given the enormous attention the concept has attracted, it has the potential to impact the world's billions of poor people?as well as the managerial practices of multinational corporations. This double potential makes it important to analyze how large corporations can serve low-income customers profitably (Jaiswal-IIMA, 2007). For several years, serious study has demonstrated that there is an untapped market among the very poor that can be served through market-based approaches in ways that elevate the quality of their lives. BOP markets are often very poorly served, dominated by the informal economy, and?as a result?relatively inefficient and uncompetitive. There is huge purchasing power at the bottom of the pyramid. Private companies can make significant profits by selling to the poor. By selling to the poor, private companies can bring prosperity to the poor, and thus can help eradicate poverty. According to the concept of BoP, corporations stop thinking of the poor as victims or as a burden and start recognizing them as resilient and creative entrepreneurs and value-conscious consumers, a whole new world of opportunity will open up for future marketing. There are huge potential profits to be made from serving approximately 4 billion people -an economic opportunity which are valued globally at $13 trillion a year.It looks like the future is really at the bottom.

Edited by mbafactory (see edit history)

The book I read was "m and f or m and m". It wasfor school and they made us read it. The book is basicall about a girl called frann who has a crush on his guy called Jeffrey Osborne. Anyway she has a gay best friend called Marcus who help her get Jeffrey bu at the same time Marcus think he's falling for Jeffrey. A book about friendship, love and who to trust and whatnot.Te ending is a real schoker to me becuase I'd would of never expected it...I give this book a 7/10!

Completed "Pragmatic programmer". Highly recommended for those who are into programming. There are also other books on "Pragmatic" series. But i'll settle for this one for now. Also completed ayn rand's "The fountainhead". After reading it i found out why there are so many fans of ayn rand. Though i'm not her fan even after reading this. Next book i'm going to read is : "The lost symbol" by dan brown. Another one is "Six thinking hats" by edward de bono. I'm planning to read the second one cause i'm more interested in lateral thinking. So i guess i'll pick edward de bono's book for now. I'll update after completing reading.

the last book I read was dantes inferno by Dante Allegary. And that was a way awesome book, the guy had to go through all these stages in hell just to make it to paradise...way awesome. i definitely recommend it .

The last book I read was the most recent installment in the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik, Victory of Eagles. (The series is a reenvisioning of the Napoleonic era with an aerial force comprised of dragons.)The last technology-related book that I read was a book on computer forensics, although it wasn't very good.The next book that's on my to-do list is Terry Pratchett's Nation.

The last book I read, apart from the boring old textbooks, is the thriller novel The Five Greatest Warriors by Matthew Reilly. I found it a great and exciting read, especially with the unique twists and intense action, coupled with interesting theories on the important monuments of our world.

its not a book xD well I don't know if an Ebook is a book after all sorry not too techny.. ok the last book I read I mean Ebook is "31 days to build a better blog" from problogger I didn't buy this Ebook my friend did just share it to me and I finish reading it :D but I am going to read it again when I have my own blog :) in this time i Don't have yet so I must post more so that I can get more mycents

last book i read is asp.net, it is a scientific book something about programming language, but , if e-books count then a few days ago i read a love a collection of romance books to the great writer charlotte lamb. all her books about drama, love, slice of life. i do love them a lot.