xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

Last was a greek book about olives and how to make oil.. that was by a greek writer (professor in A.U.T.H.) and got it from Gartaganis bookstore, thessaloniki. Books and editions by Gartaganis, you can find many themes about how to grow your own plants and staff there.

You can find more information here : http://www.gartaganisbooks.gr/ !

Edited by orestisg (see edit history)

The last book I read I just finished 2 minutes ago and it is called "The Enchantress of Florence" by Salman Rushdie, and before that "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hussieni , both excellent books, very poetic, but Rushdie has a superior writing style, no doubt about it. I recommend both those books to everyone.

I am currently, quite happily absorbed with Neal Stephenson's Anathem (and yes, that is spelled correctly :lol:). He is truly a master of science fiction storytelling. My favorite book of his will always be Snow Crash.

I just finished reading "Frenzied Fiction" by Stephen Leacock.A really good, funny book. Actually, more like a collection of short stories. Also, its available for download (for free, yes!) at the project gutenbreg page.

Last book i've read was : Call from Wild, from Jack London ... It was interesting book, 'cos in it was tallking about the life of one Doog, which name was Bak .... The book was interesting, and i most liked the End, when Bak, joined the woolfs ... It was Great end

The Last Book I read was "King Dork", it is a really disgusting book in my opnion! It's like about a boy who finds his fathers copy of 'Catcher in the rye" and well his fathers died he is also in a bad woth his friend so preety much the books about him, his band and the the book! Haha what a stupid summary lol...

Just completed steve mconnels code complete book. it is very interesting book and will teach you lot of things related to software engineering. you'll learn som minute details about commenting, loops, testing etc. highly suggested for developers,programmer or hobby programmers. the edition which i referd was 2nd and it was worth my time. next book in my list is :pragmatic programmer. after that i'll go for ayn rand's the fountainhead. let's see how much time i get. : )

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

I love reading books. Last time I read book From Microsoft to Bahundanda (its Nepali title I don't know what is actually in English I just converted myself) written by John Wood. you can check it out this website http://www.roomtoread.org/ that owns his project. He wrote about how he left job of Microsoft and start to serve poor children in Nepal with Vietnam and other countries.