xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

I read a lot of Stephen King's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes". Not the whole thing but a lot of the stories. I have to re-rent it from the library in order to finish up the rest of them. Originally I was interested because I saw the television show but also I was looking for something to read while I was at work. Anyway, it was really interesting. A lot of totally different types of stories being told, and not all of them horror (which I had pigeon-holed King as since I hadn't known all his work). I really enjoyed "Dolan's Cadillac" and "Chattery Teeth". "Chattery Teeth" was about this guy (Bill Hogan) that picks up a set of those novelty chomping teeth we've all seen over the years. Only these teeth are big and metal. He then leaves and picks up a hitchhiker who plans on robbing poor Bill. Stuff happens and in the end the teeth brutally murder the dangerous stranger."Popsy" was a story that was a bit too weird for me. Something about kidnapping kids and then a flying grandfather/bird type creature. Maybe I didn't get it. Anyway.......that was the last (partial) book I've read.Anyone got any Stephen King recommendations?

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series Book 7: Crown of Swords.Rand "defeated" Sammael. Nynaeve and Elayne (with Windfinders and the Kin) found the Bowl of the Winds. Currently reading Book 8: Path of Daggers.

Had no real time for reading for pleasure recently (more's the pity).

Last book I remember reading was The Cold Moon by Jeffrey Deaver (I think that's what it's called). I'm waiting on the translation of Spiral by Koji Suzuki (The Ring films were based on his books, and Spiral is the third in the trilogy of Ring, Loop and Spiral) - really superb books.

(slightly off-topic, but the American films were nowhere near as good as the Japanese ones...though Ring 0 is plain weird)

Mainly been reading computing texts recently: Flash in 24hrs (since my basics weren't up to scratch :rolleyes: ), Brilliant Photoshop CS...oh, and Database Design for Mere Mortals (best title ever ;) ).

CHERUB: Mad Dogs - Robert Muchamore.It's a really awesome series that I would highly reccomend. I know a few people on here who've read them. Also the author is really cool.

The last book I read was about 2 months ago. I've had alot of work to do. It was Seven Ancient Wonders. Its really good, but I prefer Scarecrow by the same author. I'm currently reading the sequel right now, The Six Sacred Stones. I waited about 1 month for it to come out, but at the local booksellers it arrived late. I was very disappointed but now that I have my hands on a copy, I can't let go! (unless i'm on Xisto of course)

It has been many days since i have read a big book . I usually prefer reading short stories and stuffs like that. The book i read recently??Mein Kamph -- My Struggle graphy of Adolf Hitler.

In my spare time recently, I've been re-reading the Harry Potter series as a bit of fun and a refresher to relax when I'm stressed out.Currently on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, always picking up on new details since the last time I read it :)

Harry Potter & the deathly hallows.
Something makes me think I won't be the only one :)

Yup, you´re defenitely not the only one :D

The last book I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Like many others, my last read book is the last book of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows(ehh, suprise).
It's kind of cool, there are so many paying attention and has an eager to complete reading all the Harry Potter books,
which includes readers from a wide age range, not just applying to our youngsters. The swedish translation had recently premiere, and many of my friends(which some thought, Judging by the first book, a book for children) buying the last book on the release day.

I started at the end of July and read all 7 books in less then a month.

What! Seriously? Are you taking speed reading courses?

I read the rogues, which is about the scottish revolution when the scots land owners(Called Lairds) start burning off the scots land to make room for the sheep. It has a lot of action, adventure, and just an all around book. It has been reviewed by alot of agencies and companies, so you can pretty much know its good. :D:)

The last book I remeber reading, since currently I'm into readiing about every good HP fanfic out there, is "Appearance of Evil". It's by Christopher A. Lane and it's a novel about a convicted satanist who tells a bunch of lies to a lawyer to get out of jail, and when he finally gets throught to the lawyer she's been figuring it out and it is generally a good book even though it has things in it that would make the normal person my age put it down within three-pages.

:)

Lemme think *Thinks*, probably Keys to the Kingdom, excellent series if I must say. I suggest you read it if you like Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter, thou not as great, excellent in its own way.Last night I was reading Guiness World Records book .. does that count? LOLOL