xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

I read the book called "The Secret", its a nice book telling about how you must think and you will get what you think by doing so.

Last book I read was Babbitt by Lewis Sinclair. Don't read this book, it's boring. And it was purposely made boring by the author to satirize the 1920's middle class' monotonous brainwashed society.

'Twisted' by Laurie Halse Anderson. I found it a really good book, me being in high school and being a guy, could relate to it well. I was quite surprised to look at the author and see that it was a woman, when in fact she describes the main character (the book was in the first person) well, even though the main character is a guy.If you are in high school---read this! If you are in middle school-wait, it contains a lot of sex and stuff like that in it.

The last book i read was "princess".....Its a true story about Saudi-Arabian royal families....It reveals the secrets of the Royal families there ...their lifestyle and how woman are mistreated there...I don't remember the author..but the book was really good.....When you read it...you will be surprised to find such things are still happening in some parts of the world......

The last book I read was the one I started on and completed yesterday: "Cat's Cradle". It's about a guy named Jonah who wants to write a book about the creator of the atomic bomb. While doing research for his book he meets completely new people and he starts shifting religions from Christianity to Bokonism. Also a lot of Bokonism words are explained in the book. The writer even thought of a completely new dialect to write in in some very small parts of the book, where people from a island called San Lorenzo speak.

I'm currently on the third book of the vampire chronicles Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice, Its not your average Vampire series because it deals a lot with stuff other than killing and feeding. It has more than a few funny bits aswell as its share of sad moments. I would reccomend it to anyone.

I'm currently reading The Shadow Rising, the fourth novel in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It is, basically, a very long high-fantasy series about, well, the end of the world in some alternate universe. Yes, there is magic and yes, it has a healthy amount of species in its bestiary. Oh, did I also mention it has a lot of made-up words? According to xkcd, the more made-up words a novel has, the lesser the probability is good. I mean, it doesn't have to take a great deal of imagination to deduce Trollocs came from Trolls and Ogier were

Nonetheless, I do find it amusing and somewhat entertaining. I mean, losing sleep by reading it is a bit better that losing sleep over... interesting this on the net *wink, wink* Although I must point out that it does seem like there's a whole lot of fan-service. And by fan-service, I meant naked women. And by naked women, I mean, detailed descriptions. And by detailed, I mean... oh, good lord, my allergies are acting up again :P

Oh yeah, one good thing about it is that it has a rather... organized system of magic. For example, magic wielded by males are fundamentally different from that wielded by females. Females have to "embrace" what qualifies as mana; they have to let it take control of them. Males, on the other hand, have to "seize" it and tight-fistedly control it, for once it comes, it comes as a strong torrent. A circle, that is, a group of channelers (or mages, in common tongue) can only be initiated by women and it will only work if at least half the circle is comprised of females. On the other hand, an all-female circle can only have a maximum of thirteen women.

There are five primitive elements: Water, Earth, Fire, Air and Spirit (kinda reminds me of Captain Planet) Males are generally stronger in channeling Fire and Earth, women, Air and Water. Spirit is usually wielded with equal ease between the two sexes.

Oh, anyway, I suppose I have said too much already so... there :)

Ah, one more thing, those vivid descriptions are not limited to lewd moments. I am rather thankful that I can, at least imagine the setting as the author paints it. And did I mention the books come with a pretty map of a conveniently rectilinear continent? :P

Last book I read was a reread of the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffery and her son Todd. I have a habit of of reading a decent series until I'm on my third copy of the book. I have also started to read Tamora Pierce's books, which I loved reading when I was younger too.

the last book i read was ark angel by anthony horowitz. i've read the whole alex rider series. a great series one i certainly would recommend. i'm currently reading digital fortress by dan brown who is probably my favorite auther. the da vinci code is dan browns best book.

Currently re-reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand, a novel based on the philosophy of different Economic systems. It supports Ayn Rand's view of the foundations of capitalism and its survival even though it is being battered by a flood of altruism, which is the cause of the modern world's collapse. This philisophical view became the study of objectivism and a dissertation of the morality of Capitalism.Quite boring, unless you have an interest in the Topic.

Well it may not be a complete novel,but the short story "the curious case of Benjamin Button" is a great read. How does one give birth to a old man that stands at four feet tall? This was a very trippy story. I found this book in the iTunes store on my iPod Touch