xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

What was the last book you read? me was "Out of Avalon" the book had different stories about Avalon. Before, After, During King Arthur's Lifetime

I read Ender's Game for the fifth time, just can't get enough of the book. It's the one that got me into SciFi, and will always draw me back to Science Fiction and books in general.

The last fiction book I read was McCoupland's Microserfs. it's about a group of friends who worked for Microsoft and then switch over to a new company; basically it follows their lives. The main character keeps a journal, which is what the book is. It's hilarious, especially since it's like ten years old so some of the references are funny. But I also loved it because, as a budding programmer, that is probably what my life will be like :-\The last nonfiction book I read was Freakonomics. it was really interesting, but I think I liked Gladwell's Blink and the Tipping Point better. Gladwell's stories were so interesting. I liked Freakonomics though; it makes you stop and think about things in new ways. I thought the abortion point got a little old though...they really seemed to push that one.

The last book I read was "The book of Lilith" by Barbara Black Koltuv.For those wanting a study of Lilith, this is the best one available in its complete approach, and analysis. Everything you want to know about Lilith is found in these pages. This a fine, entertaining, and informative reading experience!

"Pilgrim's Progress", a new modern-day amplified translation but one that doesn't paraphrase or shorten anything. It was really good :PAlso, for the person who read LOTR on page 1, they might find some of the stuff by R.A. Salvatore interesting. I used to be really into his stuff years and years ago.

i recently finished reading The Appeal by John Grisham..i suggest you read World Without End by Ken Follett..its very moving and full of bloody descriptions..right now i'm currently reading Pillars of the Earth, again by Ken Follett

Edited by EngrJayze (see edit history)

The Last Book I read was "One Bullet Away" by Nethanial Thick. I have to say its one of the best true story novels I have ever read. Its about his experience in the war in Iraq and it gives you the sense of how battle is. Its a very action/intense oriented book thats filled with such extraordinary detail it makes you imagine what the battlefield is like over in Iraq. I recommend this book to whoever enjoys action/war books or very descriptive books that offer ideas of what it is like over in Iraq. This is a book that every war veteran must have.

The last book I read was "Have You Met My Goulfiend" by R.L.Stine. I am a great fan of his books. They really strecth your imagination.The book was in a series which had 8 books in it. I can't remembe what it was about becasue it was my friends and I read it around the mid to end of last year ^_^ Great series, I suggest that you try one of R.L.Stine's books.

Light: Science and Magic by Fil Hunter. A book on the use of lighting in photography. Considered to be "THE BOOK" on the subject. Was detailed, very informative and very dry. I learned a lot.

I never read books, but i've actually started to read the book matilda by roald daul. I've already seen the move so then i pretty much got the story board of the movie in my head. I like the pictures that he puts in every page. I found it really funny and practical when matilda foreshadowed what was going to happen when she put the super glue on her dads head.Yet i haven't gotten to the part of when she goes to school, but im catching on their and may be their in a couple of days or maybe tommorow? I never know because i always have something to do and never the patience to read books.

in the last weeks i finished reading two of stephen hunter's books..that is the Bob Lee Swagger seriesthe first one is "Point of Impact" which is later adapted as the movie "Shooter"..it's about a very famous sniper that is framed at trying to kill the president by covert organizations..the second one is "Black Light".. which narrates the life and murder of Bob's father - Earl Swagger - and his quest to find the real cause of his death..i'm now reading the third book of this series which is entitled "Time to Hunt" and looking forward to finishing the fourth book "The 47th Samurai"..i recommend you read this series..it's full of action, snipers, guns, blood and violence..