xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

'Something From the Nightside' and 'Agents of Light and Darkness' by Simon R. Greene last week. I've since read reviews of them calling them very original, but it didn't seem it to me. All of Greene's worlds that I've read or heard about are very similar. Paraphrased, 'where Gods and Monsters are common sights and anything can be found'. Nightside had a... not-quite-overused plot too. They both have a very noir feel, and there's a lot of exposition/dialogue too (sort of like old detective movie voiceovers).

Since May of last year I've been reading a lot of Maeve Binchy. She's an Irish novelist and short story writer (also a playwright, I think). I've been rummaging through every booksale here in our place to find her books and so far I have 10, some were given, most I bought. The last Binchy book I've read (just a week ago) was The Evening Class. Nothing life-changing but as with every Binchy book, so comforting. I recommend it to any girl and her girl friends. :P

Last book I read was Isaac Asimov's Fundation Trilogy. Great book. I'm sorry he coudn't finish it himself.

I've finished two books today,the WTO's World Development Report 2004 (german edition) and Naomi Klein - No Logo! (post-9/11-edition with her explaining how she understands the theories she's mentioned/developed in this book before 9/11 and how she sees the world now, but this book is worth an own thread, I'll open one tomorrow when I'm back from school :lol:)

The Bible, 1st and 2nd Timothy specifically, aside from just looking through for specific verses like I do so often.

The last book I read was a Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry (spelling?). It was required for school, but it was definitely worth reading :P Taking a hard 100 question test on it wasn't so fun, though... lol.

The last book I read was Harry Potter #4. It was the best one yet, but scary enough that I probably won't be able to see the movie with my nieces and nephews under 13.

I'm starting to worry that I'm going to be traumatized after reading the next one. I've heard it gets more intense. No spoilers please...

I won't.HP6 is the last book I read, following Digital Fortress, a relatively boring book once you read it about 4 times :P.HP6 is off the chain. It's intense, yeah. I'm not going to spoil anything, but it leaves you wanting the sixth one for sure..Panda

The last book I've read is called The Stars Shine Down by Sidney Sheldon.Its about a women who was bought up by a drunk dad whose job was to collect rent from boardinghouses. She then build a house with a loan and repaid the loan which profits, moved to Chicago became a big real estate person their and took over New York.....Cant tell the rest.....