xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

The last book was from Mo Hayer (who I think is a great writer) ahe is known from the: BirdmanAnyways I read TOKIO. That book is about a brittish student , a girl who goes to Japan to find the truth about the things happened in Nanking when the Japanes people took over Chinese cities. But man, what you read about them is soo awful. This book is very...very stretching, and very educational. What you get to know about Nanking is so fascinating. Imagine how Mo Hayer just takes you too this world where you dont know anything about, unless you studied Nanking, and still the book is soo good to read. I thinks thats vvery great. Very worth reading

What was the last book you read? me was "Out of Avalon" the book had different stories about Avalon. Before, After, During King Arthur's Lifetime

Hi Everyones,

During the summer I read 3 books of Rex Stout (nero wolfe), it's a classic!!

Then I read the Key to Rebecca of Ken Follet.

I'm now reading Angel Fire East of Terry Brooks (the last one of the series)

If you have something to suggest, I read in english, french Spanish and Italian..

10x

Hmm...I don't remember what was my last book, it was a LOOOONG time since I don't read one.I started to get bored of books. So, I just quitted them, but in fact, I like reading and I don't see much problems with thick blocks of text.-Zero

The last two books I have read have been for school and I had to read them over the summer. One was Poland by James Michener. 600 something pages about the history of Poland with a bit of fantasy mixed in. The other was for English class and it was called Bless Me Ultima. Pretty interesting books. Poland was a bit boring at points but not bad overall. I am currently reading Double Helix, might have to finish it up this weekend though because it is due soon.

My last were Divinci Code and I'm going to start Deception Point. Those books really sell because he adds a story to actually fact like a twist which makes them very interesting.

hmm...my last book was A scanner darkly, i think. and te book before that was do androids dream of electric sheep, and before that i think was Now wait for the last year... :) im quite a fan of phillpi k. *BLEEP* (hehe, i said "*BLEEP*") :P as you can see, and i recommand his books ti all sci-fi fans here. his my personal favourite book is Now wait for last year, a romance with droug that has time-travelling effect on the consumer. nex thing im gonna read will be valis, which as i heard is awsome. so if you like sci-fi - dont forget phillip.

The book i am reading this week is "What they don't teach you at harvard business school'by mcCormackits a good business related book ,teaches how different business situation arises and how you could sove them ,though it first looks for a pro business person but guys like me going to college can also benefit a lot from it,the best part in the book is that it teaches you how to read people,it tells you to keep intense observation on the one you're dealing with and you could no his entire character just from that.my next book would probably include "my life"of bill someone just mentioned it earlier i'll be buying that soon

The last book I read was "To Kill A Mocking Bird." It was our novel study at school and I'm one of those annoying kids who reads the whole thing in two days because they like to have the future insight for their essays. I reccomend it to anyone who hasn't already read it, though I'm pretty sure almost everyone has. Yesterday I was just finishing it off when sitting on the couch and my aunt said, "I had to read that when I was in high school." I absentmindedly replied with, "yeah, it's an old book."

it was Prey by Micheal Crichton, the books about a company working on microbots for the military, and they turn on there masters, and the company calls in some speacial experts to take them out, it was pretty cool

The latest book I read was Walking With Bilbo by Sarah Arthur (I think). It's a devotional book that speaks about the themes that Tolkien really wanted to emphasis in his book, The Hobbit and also The Lord Of the Rings.It's a devotional book for Christians.

...I didn't like "Im Westen nichts Neues" too much ... but then, it's one of the best war novels I've read, too :)Somehow I can't recall if I already posted that I've read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins but since I've mentioned it now, I can inform you about me being almost finished with "The wisdom of the crowd"...

The last book I read was "For Laci" by Sharon Rocha. I love reading true crime novels and this is one I was looking forward to for a while. It's about Laci Peterson and was written by her mother, Sharon. It was quite hard to read at times because it was so heartwrenching. You could just FEEL her pain. :) Currently I'm reading "Severed: The True Story of the Black Dahlia Murder" by John Gilmore. :rolleyes: