xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

I last read "The Terminal Experiment" about making three clones of a pretty smart guy in the computer, and about how they escaped into the internet to cause unexpected disturbances. It was interesting because the three clones differed in the sense that one was the "control", another one was the "life-after-death clone", and the other one was the "living-forever clone".

My last book that i'v read was Carnegie, Dale - How to win friends and influence people the pdf version. It's good book that explains how to develop your comunication skills. I'm not into this but one friend of mine recomandet higly and wasn't in vane. I'v learned much. Sorry abou my english. I'm better speker than writer. <_<

The last one i read was Harry Potter: and the Order of the PheonixIt is a really good book, Defiently the battle of Albus and He Who Must Not Be Named. but the rest was equilly good except for when one good friend of his died.

<_< very good .the book which is i had read .the name .i can how to say it in the english .but the storys what in the that book are good very much .form this book .i know that .in the world if you carefull for evryting around you .you will find a thing .the thing is love ..

now .i want to told the storys what happen in the book which i read the last time .because ,they are good very much .The first story is ....... this story happen in a old man .one day ,the old man took a taxi .who drive the taxi ? a yuang man .............

I've just finished reading Wheel of Time book 1. I've been trying to read it all year but I could never finish it. I always got stuck on the part where the group gets seperated. And I've read it up to that part about 5 times now! Well, all fantasy novels are similar.

Last time .very exceiting .now.i will go on my story what happen in the last book i had read .the old by the bus .the driver of the bus is a young man .when the bus arrive the place where the old man wan to go .......thanks for you drive .you are good driver .so .i decide to get a smile to you .the old man say to the young man ......after that .what happen can you inmagine ???

go on my story .....when the old man say good to the young man .suddenly .the young man feel to difficutly to understand why the old man say that ...because he never hear the lanwege just like that ...en .ye .thank you very much .the same to you .then .the young man feel happy very much all the day ......

after that .the friend of the old man have been look that .he say to the old man ."oh .my dear friend .why did you say that to the driver ?i think that the driver does not very good .and he looks unhappy before you say good to he ."the old man smile to his friend ..then answered to his friend .....

after that .the old man say to his friend smile and slowly ."yes .you are right .the drive was unhappy really . i will let mor people feel happy ,so .i get the good to the anybody and sent the smile to anybody .if anybody cope the way of me .our world will be become more better .

after the old man say that .his friend asked again ."but .i do not think anybody will do just like you .i tink that is difficutly .maybe just one or tow man will do the same ." "yes .you are right .it is diffcutly to ask anybody to do that now .but i can do that .you can see. i believe ,love will become more and more ."

<_< from this story .i can study a lost of things .first .often say good to anybody .because anybody need lost of love .second .do a really person must have a good heart .let us believe that .if you sent love to another .you will get more love form another body .if anyone do that .our world will have more love .

I recently finished Technopoly: The Surrender of Culture to Technology by Neil Postman. Here is an excerpt from the publisher's summary of the book

Postman makes two important observations:

First, that technologies are not neutral?the inventor of the stirrup did not know it would change the nature of warfare, Gutenberg did not know his printing press would fuel the Reformation, Samuel Morse did not know his telegraph would turn our concept of useful information upside down?and when employed without considering these possibilities, a technology will have its way.

Second, Postman observes that society has gone from employing technology to do the jobs it wants done, to pursuing technology for its own sake in the hope that benefits will result, to establishing technology as the standard by which all good things are measured. Technologies used to be our tools, employed or ignored as we saw fit. Now they have become our gods, and we serve their goals.

Postman offers a lot of critique in this book but not so much in the way of solutions. As a result, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately :) .

If you don't mind thinking, and aren't reading anything at the moment, I would recommend this book highly. It's as relevant today as it was when it was written (12 years ago if I remember correctly).