xisto Community
LolliPop

Last Book You Read?

I think that the first book has two differet names for some bizarre reason. The name on my version is The Golden Compass. That makes more sense cos the other two titles are the names of the two main inventions in the book and the golden compass is the main invention in the first. It does get better. The first pages are about building characters and developing a base. same as most good books actually....

If you like King Arthur and such, check out Uther by Jack Whyte, or any of his books for that matter. Just finished Uther and it was great, adds a lot to the very basic version of the legend that most people know of. Another great author that mixes 'history' (or at least the legends and such of those times) and fantasy is Guy Gavriel Kay. Not only do they make for great books but you learn something real about those times.

Thanks I'll check those out

I'm currently reading Slaughter-House-Five (for school) by Kurt Vonnegut. His writing style is amusing, and he seems like a very quirky guy. I'm not too far into it, but I gotta finish reading it because I have to read another book for school (a long crappy book :P).

the last book i read was in the vacation,because i was bored,its a dutch book so you wont understand itits named: Druss de Legende

I recommend everyone here to read Behold a Pale Horse. It is a very thoroughly researched conspiracy book by William Cooper. By far it is one of the best ones that I have ever read. He has first hand accounts due to his involvement in Secret Societies and covert government agencies. The introduction is about a lady who found him just to see if what he was saying was true. He has scars on his face and lost his leg. She came back knowing that what he was talking about was nothing but the truth. It even has information about the Geneva Convention that was not told and he talks about Weather Mountain. There are letters sent back and forth about classified government operations. It also includes information about US drug involvement. That is, bringing the drugs here from Panama. Just go out and read it. Buy it, borrow it, rent it from the library whatever. Just read read read. Trust me. I think you will have a far differant view of the government after you do. :P