xisto Community
clouds421

How Many Hours Do You Sleep?

Yeah, me too about that 4 hour sleeping thing lol I sleep alot, I need to sleep about 11 hours a day <_< but I only get about 7-8 hours of sleep on weekdays. And for weekends, I get 11 hours of sleep ^^ If I dont get enough sleep, I will be like -- :lol: and have my school days like Im all dead..

I usually get 6 or 7 hours of sleep a night, works pretty well for me and it allows me to sometimes get less sleep if necessary. On weekends I get about the same amount, sometimes a bit more. My personal record of going without sleep is 63 hours and even though I was tired after that I was still ok and able to function. Just FYI: The world record is 264 hours without sleep (11 days) set by a 17 year old student (forgot his name) and on the last day he held a press conference and was still able to speak and act properly.

Well if you want to like sleep around 4 hours per day or at least less and still be ok you should try out the polyphasic sleep method. Ive been trying it with the core sleep I get about 4 to 5 hours of sleep per day. Before you go out and do this sort of thing, I suggest you investigate a little, try to find out how it works and why, and if you can adapt to this sort of schedule. One thing you are really going to have to take care of is your eating habits. Your meals are going to be as important as breakfast is after every nap. And they have to be healthy meals. It consists of taking a half hour nap for every 4 hours through out the whole day. So, it would give you a whole lot of free time to do almost anything you want, but its really tough to adapt to. Ive tried adapting to it many times, (to the full method) but I just dont feel like doing it without the core sleep just yet. I dont need that much time anyways. If you get over the first week, youll be fine. Other ways to search for this is the polyphasic sleep or ubersleep.

I only get like 2-5 hours sleep, but i'm on msn messenger too much.to add to my sleep depravation why not add me and talk to a nerdy metal fan, who flirts ridiculously. lol messenger:keri-j@hotmail.co.ukYahoo! messenger (i'm not on that much): pichu_of_death

Since last week, I have slept for average of 3 hours. Today, I will hardly get one hour of sleep. Yesterday, It was 3 hours. day before yesterday, around 2.5 hours .. <_<

Hmm... I sleep about 7 hours a day. Its not all at one time though. Sometimes its during lunch. Other times its when I am traveling to and from school I am not driving!

I normally sleep from about 10:30/11:00 PM to 6:30 AM, so figure about 7-7 1/2 hours. It's not enough sleep for me, and I'm only 14. I come into class feeling exhausted, and frequently put my head down. I need either more caffine or more sleep.

I can't remember if I replied to this topic or not already. >_< Anyways I sleep roughly seven to eight hours each day, most seven during school nights. During the weekends when I get to sleep in, (rarely get to do) I can only sleep about nine hours.I know some people who can sleep throughout the whole day and up to 13 hours. Meh, I'd never be able to do that even if I had the time.

i don't have fixed sleeping schedules... lol even because i'm in programming so i work the most i can and sleep the least i can... sometimes i even sleep in the afternoons loli try to sleep 8 hours night roughly... when i have exams or works to present most of the times i don't even sleep. so it depends much of the schedule :)

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)

Neither do i when it comes to fixed sleep schedule those days, especially as of late.. I dont remember if i replied to this before, but I've been getting inconsistent amounts of sleep those days.. could be 2-3 hours one night, 6 hours the next, 4 after that and so on... Especially on work and study schedules.

it's complicated arnz... :)especially in programming because it is made pretty much of the moment. lol Sometimes you have periods filled with great thoughts, other times you haven't good a single meaningfull idea. so... sleep much of the times gets the backseat in my life lol

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)

I was actually diagnosed with a sleeping disorder when I was five. When I was five I only slept 3-4 hours daily, and it was never in a row.Now I only sleep 5-6 hours at night. I go to sleep at 10 and wake up at three or four in the morning every day. Sad really. And no matter how I try I can't sleep.It's horrible. :rolleyes: