xisto Community
clouds421

How Many Hours Do You Sleep?

I am a nine hour sleeper, more than nine makes my brain go in slowmo. A popular belief is that you do need eight hours of sleep to function properly during the day. Sometimes does a four hours sleep, me more effective, and i feel more rested and more alert than a eight hour sleep.

I go to bed at 10:30 pm and get up at 7:00 am everyday, about 8.5 hours per day.some area, people get a noon sleep from 12:00pm to 2:30pm, but I haven't got a noon sleep for a long time.

It depends on the situation. There are nights that I barely sleep at all (because I tend to stay up late, and then end up not sleeping that long for some reason), then other times I can sleep half of the day away. I think it's cause of the hours of sleep that I need to catch up on. Whenever I know that I have to wake up in the morning, I aim for going to bed eight hours before I have to wake up, because I know with that amount of sleep, I'll be good and rested the next day, but because of my nighthawk-ish ways, I tend to forget all that and stay up late anyway, and then feel like a zombie by the next morning lol...I've found though, that when I don't use an alarm clock I sleep for around nine hours before waking up, so that's probably my natural sleeping hours that I need.Something I'm curious about though, is how come I can sleep in to crazy hours at my Mother's house when I stay over. It seems that when I wake up there, it's always in the after noon (like 2 or 3 pm) which to me is really strange, because at home, it seems that no matter how late I stay up (even if it is until 5am) I always seem to wake up at or before noon... Perhaps it's a different (more relaxing?) bed or that the room is darker or quieter? I'm not really sure, because I think my room here is darker when I have my blinds down lol.Whatever. I was just about to go to sleep now anyway... so I'll probably be waking up in about nine hours, since I don't have to set my alarm clock (which means I certainly won't be!) and I can sleep until I wan't to :P

Hardly six to seven hours these days. I have work and then some other activities after work. So have to give up on my sleep. But want to sleep more. lol

I sleep when th sun is out....I cannot sleep during night times.. i become hyper-active when the sun goes down -- Nocturnal.may be 6-7 hours a day... that is so high sometimes.On an average 5-6 hours a day.But i like to have heavy short sleeping sessions. That will energize me a lot. The time iam posting this is supposed to be my sleep time... (12.30 AM).Will sleep tomorrow morning.

I can get by with only 4 hours sleep if I have a 3 hour nap in the afternoon... maybe I'll do some research on that today. Its looking like a research day, for sure...

i sleep around 7-8 hours during weekdays and around 10 hours during weekends and holidays. i get enough sleep during night so i don't feel sleep during the day time. but sometime very rarely if i don't get to sleep at least for 6 hours a night then i am like you A ZOMBIE

I definitely need 7-8 hours a night; even losing one or two hours makes me zombie-like. I'm pretty active though and run every day, so my body needs all the rest it can get :D