xisto Community
clouds421

How Many Hours Do You Sleep?

I used to sleep 6 hours a day...and I did that for about 5-6 years.Now I think I sleep about 7-8 hours a day. Well, of course, once a week, all lawyers at my university would stay up all night to finish weekly essays- although we hae been working hard the whole week.I have heard that it's best to divide a day (24 hours) into 3 parts: 8 hours of sleep; 8 hours of work; and 8 hours of play. Well, sometimes work requires us more than 8 hours a day though. :) And sometimes I feel .....how come the day ends so fast??? I have hardly noticed I have worked and played for 16 hours!?! :D

peaktao: you're after too much work, 4-5 hours wok everyday are more than enough :D though I have to admit that I like being productive in my free time, it's just that I don't produce large enough quantities to sell stuff and after all, I don't even want to sell stuff 'cause I'm just making stuff for me and some friends of mine...In the last couple of months, my sleeping habits have changed dramatically - a few months ago, when I was still in school, I didn't go to bed until 2 or 3am and had to get up at 6. You can imagine how my performance in school was but for some reason I felt great after school......nowadays I go to bed when I feel tired (I've managed to make this be about 1am) and you might not believe it but I usually wake up 2 or 3 minutes before my alarm clock rings (8:37 am). Simply doubling the amount of sleep I have everyday increased my energy a lot, I've even stopped taking caffeine :)

I would sleep when I can, I am a very busy busy person. Seems as tho I have NO time for sleep lol. I can stay up for bout 24 hrs a day, give or take some. BUT I must have my coffee lol

Most of the time i sleep from 11 o'clock until 6 o'clock...So I sleep 7 hours...But that's only when I have to go to school and I have lessons the first hour. I don't know my timetable for the next year yet,, so maybe I sleep longer this year :)

6 hours is minimum time for sleeping, but if you aren't busy with your work you can sleep whole 10 hours. But keep your free time, manage your work coz' you have to grow up and not to become degenerat. As I know the most outstanding people of the world didn't sleep much, many of them meditated after 3 AM. I also read some theory which tells that dreams are reality...

25022[/snapback]

What? Dreams are reality? Hmm, then I've done some really weird things...

I try to make the minimum 6 hours. It's true, less than that and I start forgetting stuff.

How many hours I get depends on what I'm doing in my life. If I'm working in the bush, then I'll usually get 9 and sometmes 10 hours of sleep because I really need it. I'm a Geological Technologist, and working outdoors in a camp full of people is very strenuous and hard work for the body. When I am at home unemployed, I tend to slack off and focus more on entertainment and fun rather than work, job searching, and being physically active. I get anywhere from 6 to 12 hours. Yes, the hours really vary substantially when I am unemployed, which is a really bad habbit I need to get out of. Hopefuly once I get a job again, my sleeping pattern will be more consistent and time-scheduled. ;)

i can sleep upto 12 hours if i'm not woken which is dangerous, but on school days i sleep for 7 hours.

hmm... sleep this is a hard one, it depent?s normal i sleep 6-7 h if need to work tomorow ( moust times leat for work ) but if i go out somweare it can bi mater of day?s :) but after that sleep i dont know for shure but 12-16 h somthing like that... ps: sorry my english is not so good but i try :)