xisto Community
SqlByte

Would You Pay 5$/month For Using Google ?

Would you pay 5$/month for using Google ?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There is absolutely no way that I would pay any amount of money to use Google Search. You can not charge to use a search engine. I do think that you could charge for Gmail but I wouldn't use it because who really needs all that space when they think about it. All of Google's other tools I never use and in the case of their instant messenger there is better out there anyways. Besides Google has ads so they obviously do not need the money.

I'd consider paying for gmail, but not for the search engine, or even google earth. The search engine is, admittingly, the best I've ever come across, but not good enough to pay for when there are so many other options out there. I don't really use google earth that much, though it is fun to play with (I have no other real use for it right now..)But gmail is definately the best email service I've ever come across. Between its huge amount of storage, search feature, and no ads.. its worth paying for. But I'd really prefer if they kept it free xP

Ofcourse I would , after all Google is the worlds largest search engine , and a proud of the nation , hats off to sergey brin and larry page who at such an young age have reached such heights .-Raj(Mayukh Goswami)

I love Google, but I am certainly not sure if I would have the same feeling if their services stopped being free. Like someone pointed out, one of the nicest things about Google is that it's free. I am some one who wants 150 MB of hosting space and 2 GB bandwidth for free. It is definitely unlikely that such a person will willingly pay for a service like Google search.

Having said that, I will also say that I think the services of Google are techincally worth paying for, although I probably wouldn't pay for it. For instance, there are a fair number of amazing movies that release every Friday. Some of them are almost unarguably worth the money. However, I've almost always avoided the theatre. It's not because I am a born miser, it's not because I'm poverty-stricken - it's only because I have my priorities and I'd rather spend the money on something I find more worthwhile - of course, opinions are bound to vary on what's worthwhile and what's not. With Google, I'll not pay for their services - that does not imply I think their services aren't worth it. Of course, if every other corresponding service in the internet world becomes a paid service, then I'd choose Google over the rest (most probably).

Well, those are my five dollars for whatever it's worth ;)

I would never pay a monthly fee for an internet service (that's why I'm using Xisto's free hosting package). As has been said, there are always alternatives if one service goes bad. Thankfully, I doubt we'll ever have to worry about something like a monthly fee just to search the internet (I'd be more worried about email-postage stamps).

Although google is a really great service I wont?pay. I mean, nobody wants to pay for something that has been free over the years. If this was possible, then it would be possible for another company to make something simillar and free again. So definitely no, I won?t pay for it.

I would pay for the google products. Because some of them you can't really get anywhere else with simplicity and ease. For the search I can deal with. Because there are others out there. Adsense??? umm... i don't know if your including that. But I would not pay to get paid. lol. but if i really wanted money. Five dollars for 100 dollars isn't so bad.

I use google's services every day, but I would more likely be using their services less if either their services stopped being free or either started charging for premium features of the Google website. As said and pointed out many times by various people, the people flock to google because their services are free. If google either started charging to use their search engine or either introduced a premium version of their search. Then people are likely to use it less, just like the lack of people using MSN's premium services (especially when MSN started charging people to use their "MSN Chat" service in 2003). But who knows, if google does come up with technical advancements and innovations that are worth paying for, then people may flock to it and pay to use it. Although I'd probably wouldnt use it myself. The Cinemas are a good example, a good movie comes out.. people go and see it.. however some people do prefer to wait untill it gets released on DVD.In conclusion, there are many alternatives out there if Google decides to charge for using whole or part-thereof of their services. Saying that, it doesnt mean its worth it, but like a few posters said earlier if all services were paid I'd have to say I'd pick google over the rest.

i would not. Why?.. because google is making money off for people to use their service. That;s why you see their ads.. even in gmail. So.. why would we pay them..when they are already making money off of us. I doubt that google will ever make us pay because less people will use it.. meanng less money from their ads. And their rival such as yahoo and msn will difinitely rise.

i would think about paying for google because they provide a very good service that is hard to find at other free services similiar to it but then i would expect them to be improving their serivice all the time or i would be very unhappy. But to be honest i would rather make do with the other services than pay $5 a month to use google they are the best around but why should i pay $60 a month when you could find everything you need some where else it might not be as user friendly or as easy to find but it would be passible to find it might just take a little longer to do. another point is that google is more likely than not that popular becaus eit is free and has has such a good service but if they started charging i think that they would lose their fan base very quickly and only a few people who are to lazy to search a bit more or are rich will stay with them . At the end of the day it is more about the price of the service that people look at rather than how good the service is. For me i would rather pay nothing and have a slightly crappier service than pay for something that has one or tweo more features. As the main reason guys use the internet is to make things cheaper and easier.

Of course i would pay google, 5 euros for adsense adwords it is worth the money already, i don't even need the google search engine, i'm paying only for the adwords, but google search engine is the best.Yahoo search engine results are powered by google, you can all see the logo in the bottom right of the search result pages.Anyway, i would pay 5 euros for the google search engine only, you all don't have any idea of what you can find with the google search engine, absolutly no idea, you don't have an idea of the real power of google search engine, i'm not going to give examples because i don't think i need to, some of you will know, some of you know, and some of you will never know, that's just the way it is.

There is no way i would. I use gmail and google search all the time, but not enough to pay when there is so many other emails like hotmail and also searches like yahoo, dogpile, ask.com ect