xisto Community
SqlByte

Would You Pay 5$/month For Using Google ?

Would you pay 5$/month for using Google ?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The success of Google is, precisely, that is free. If i?d have to pay to use it, i probably would use another free service. Google has great services, Gmail, search, google earth... but there are many others of payment as good as google's ones in the case I want to pay.And I probably use this Google services bacause are free, and when I use Gmail, in the right sidebar appear ads that I don?t like, and this is the way I pay to google by his services.Google offers me a service. After that google offer me some other sponsored products. This way works well.

... So my answer is NO. I wouldn't pay as it wouldn't be long before ... Yahoo! Mail increase their storage size to 2 gigs.

What makes me laugh is that what you mentoned there has already happened! <_<

I think not. Paying when something could be free why? I think that if people can make it free it should be.Just like Xisto I mean come on who wants to pay for something when it could be free?

I like google and think it is good and all. But I wouldn't want to pay $5 a month. If we had to pay I never would have found this wonderful place. And I wouldn't have found many other things. I prefer to have the search free.

i think that i probraly would pay that for google :)It's fast, relaible (exept when searching for free mp3s LOL) adn the best search engien around!

Edited by Goth_Punk (see edit history)

No way I would pay google.Why should I ?Google is getting advertisement dollars only because i am doing my serach using google.If I dont go there, he doesnt get any money.Actually they should pay me some money as I am helping them earn money :PAnd its not like google is generating content.They are only indexing content.Anytime another guy can come up with a better way of indexing. The webpages are just waiting for him. So if google starts asking for money, then its time for Google Goodbye. <_<

It is true, I love google search engine, gmail service and all that, but 5$ is for me a fortune... For gmail, and search I wouldn't pay, but for hosting service I would think about!

No, I pay for Google by seeing their adds, and I am happy with that. As soon as they say "also pay me $5" I would switch to Yahoo or another one of the big search engines.They could however, say that if you play them $# a month you don't get any ads, which I think would work, as most people would stick with the normal free version, but I imagine they would still get a few people paying to remove the adds.

Google would FAIL SO MUCH if we should pay for it, everyone would disperse and install themselves into the other engines, there's no point for it, Google should stay unpaid free service as it haves LOTS of pages in its and it is very easy and reliable, not being the FIRST search engine, Google rocks.I would never pay for it, if they made it for paid use only, I would probably send a rant to Google staff.

nope, especially when other will be free. and why would anyone have to pay for basic services like search and mail. there is msn, yahoo, search and mail which is good. and you can use google satellite maps online and msn (windows live) also has this.

I wouldnt pay to use google's services.Dont get me wrong, they are very good. But there are plenty of other companies which provide exactly the same features for free although arent as user friendly as Google in my opinion.If you had to pay the $5 people would most likely migrate to other companies such as MSN, Yahoo etc.

I think it's pretty clear that nobody would pay for google. It has many nice features, but just the hassle of paying is enough to keep me away - that, and $5 a month is a lot of $$$. That's $60 a year... I can buy myself something spiffy for that price.