xisto Community
SqlByte

Would You Pay 5$/month For Using Google ?

Would you pay 5$/month for using Google ?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be honest, I like google quite a bit and ever since that day in grade five when the teacher first introduced it as our first search engine it's started to grow on me. I'm not sure I would ever pay 5$ a month for it, though. Five dollars isn't bad, but considering I only have to pay roughly two dollars to keep something like my livejournal-hosted blog up, it seems a little pointless, especially when I can use yahoo or ask[dot]com instead. (Or heck, even that cool german search engine I found once before, it had a good image search...)Besides, I only actually use it about once or twice a week, (It's definition search has proven to be very convenient; it's more simple than wikipedia, but does about the same thing :)) I thoroughly make use of the "favourite" option, and find most sites through browsing others. I might pay A SINGLE dollar or something, but not five. Then again, maybe google is one of those things you don't realize how great it was until you can't have it anymore?

i dont personally use google. but i would NEVER pay for a search engine...theres so many more out there so why would i need to keep paying 5 dolars a month to use google?

Well If all the search engines start charging the same money and no free email services are provided on the Internet I would pay 5$ rather than using other services at the same price.Provided we dont get anything better than google as it has all what most of us need.

I agree with changeyourmind and I would also pay 5$ to Google rather than any other service provider. At the moment I dont think that I would pay a single buck to em coz there is no need for it as all other search engines are free however if they all start charging a fee than I guess Google would still be my choice.

Why would I pay Google? They are, in fact, the best search engine and provide great services, but if I had to chose the best one for $5 or the second best for free, no doubt I would stop using google. Not me but many other users would just look for another google-like website. Of course if I had a big website with a lot of hits I would pay in order to use GoogleAds but that is not my reality (unfortunately :blink: ).

It depends on what they do after I pay them. If they start to charge people, they should be able to do a lot more with their services. For 5 dollars a month, I expect to see a revamped search engine, Gmail with even MORE storage (>10GB), and of course file storage.

Well If all the search engines start charging the same money and no free email services are provided on the Internet I would pay 5$ rather than using other services at the same price.Provided we dont get anything better than google as it has all what most of us need.

I agree. If everyone started charging for email and search services, then I would pay for Google as they are the best. But seeing as how they don't, I won't!

So ? would you pay 5$ a mont for using google services ? all of them ? search, gmail, google earth ?
I would pay only if that would make google even more and more better ! and not just for google to earn mony.

What about you guys ? all those google fans :blink:

i wouldn't pay a dime, only for google. but if there was some better service, and i think that's possible maybe i would pay some bucks to it.
or even better i would probably look for a way to contribute to that "new" thingy rather then paying.

but i don't think google is ever going to be in a position to pay for it's services. all they have to do to TRIPLE their profit of BILIUNS is to put a few adds on google.com :wacko:

Nope, Yahoo! is just as good. The best things about it are its simple/free/powerful and straightforward. I don't think I'd pay because there is somewhere else to go. Google will become as empty and derelict as many of those online encycplodias that cost money (the ones that aren't well known at least, the more commonly known ones get some traffic) here's why it won't get as much traffic as the well-known encyclopedias even being a well-known search engine because Yahoo! Has most of the other features of Google, I just choose to use google because its use is more straightforward./sorry if that made little sense :blink:

it's easy the answer, if googl make ther users pay $5 the users will go to another search engines google is not the only one.The second chise is google or altavista, is not the end of the world

Definitely Google is not the only player out there.There are several other services that are not as popular as Google but are more efficient than Google Search and other services.I'm planning to move away from google and look for new and better services.

no any 1 who pays to use a search engine is stupid in my view, i would just move on to a different one, i dont use google any way, i use microsoft LIVE Search as i am a beta tester for them anyway.