xisto Community
SqlByte

Would You Pay 5$/month For Using Google ?

Would you pay 5$/month for using Google ?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No.... because i would then use other peopel'es services like yahoo or another search enignees. Really google doesnt have tat great of programs, besides maybe email and search with I could easily easliy use use on yahoo or say maybe msn or something like that. and their other programs like their web pages isnt good at all so no i would never pay for their services ebcasuse i could get them beyer some where else sandnd thats for sure

I love using Google.com but I would stop if they started charging for use. They have made a lot of money as a free service. If they start charging, they will lose regular searchers, and then they would lose their profits.

They could do like a premium service, where like you get all the best things like the first class lounge. people who make people pay for their services that are supposed to be free aren't generous, so you should keep away from them

No, anything I can get from google I can get from somewhere else, it just wouldn't be centralized. GMail's a good e-mail service but there are lots of others, same with search engines, hosted blogging, etc. There are better things I could do with 60 dollars a year.

I just can't see how it would be worth it...you can get your own domain name and use Xisto webmail for cheaper :)Yahoo's search engine is pretty goodSomehow I can't believe it would ever happen; it is not exactly like google is poor or anything!

I would not pay for google, as much as i love the company, I would have to switch to a different company if they started charging; however, I don't think i'll have to worry because they will most likely not start charging as they get enough money from their ads.

Number one point I have...

Google search the best search engine online

Number two point i have...

Alerts

Receive news and search results via email

Blog Search

Find blogs on your favorite topics

Book Search

Search the full text of books

Catalogs

Search and browse mail-order catalogs

Desktop

Search your own computer

Directory

Browse the web by topic

Google Earth

Explore the world from your PC

Images

Search for images on the web

Local

Find local businesses and services

Maps

View maps and get directions

News

Search thousands of news stories

Notebook

Clip and collect information as you browse the web

Scholar

Search scholarly papers

Specialized Searches

Search within specific topics

Toolbar

Add a search box to your browser

University Search

Search a specific school's website

Video

Search videos and upload your own

Web Search

Search over 8 billion web pages

Web Search Features

Do more with search

Blogger

Express yourself online

Docs & Spreadsheets

Create and share documents online and access them from anywhere

Picasa

Find, edit and share your photos

Calendar

Organise your schedule and share events with friends

Gmail

Fast, searchable email with less spam

Groups

Create mailing lists and discussion groups

Talk

IM and call your friends through your computer

Translate

View web pages in other languages

Point three...

Google is incredibly fast, simple. Not only that, they allow you to make money from a website. The largest and more publisher-relied site.

And my final point, is why would they have to charge $5... they would lost %90 of there biz.Considering they own 44% of US search engine market, and they are making roughly 1.5billion a year now. Highly doubt they need to charge $5 and if they did they would sell out.

As for your question... would i pay $5/month... if Internet providers didnt offer google free with their services i would pay the $5/month because I use them for various tasks 50 times a day. Plus i have google maps application on my cell phone :D

erm.....not really.....google is more of a daily necessity more than anything else..google earth...maybe yes....that is something that will give my money's worth...but on the other hand,Gtalk,orkut and google search and the other stuff are too essential for millions to be made into paid stuff,no doubt many would pay for it,but the vast majority who cant really afod even that much(includes me too:(,donations most welcome;) would be affected...i wouldnt mind paying for ADSense either....

erm.....not really.....google is more of a daily necessity more than anything else..google earth...maybe yes....that is something that will give my money's worth...but on the other hand,Gtalk,orkut and google search and the other stuff are too essential for millions to be made into paid stuff,no doubt many would pay for it,but the vast majority who cant really afod even that much(includes me too:(,donations most welcome;) would be affected...i wouldnt mind paying for ADSense either....

I will never pay for Google's services unless I am forced to. Most of Google users are teenagers or people who cant afford the paid versions so they tend to get the free versions. If google charges people for Googletalk or Desktop or something then they would lose a huge crowd and yahoo might get a profit as the free public will immediately shift to Yahoo. The reason Google is so popular is because they give quality and they are approachable so if they remove the approachable aspect then they just end up looking like snobs :DWell anyway keep up the great work Google and keep it free :P

I voted i would pay $5 dollars because i know most people on the internet use google nealy everyday because i know i do and$5 dollars month is a very small amount and you never know with the money they might jazz it up.Kind regards, Jordan.

I don't think they'll ever impose a tax for using Google. Google made a name for being a free, fast and easy to use service and I don't think that's going to change. Yahoo! has more than 10 tears of history and it lived because it was a(n almost) free service, Google appeared and made the hit out of...almost nothing. Asking for a tax for a service that's widely-known as a free one will make Google drop in no time. I don't think they'll do something like this soon and no, I will not pay for using Google.