xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

Hmm... maybe Macromedia Dreamweaver is the best software for creating web pages. I don't find any good reason to use another software. This have everything you want. My opinion...

I dont use any sort of program. I just use phpbb forum software, so i do not use any of those prgrams like frontpage! But I did use frontpage in the beggfining when I was hosted with awardspace(Xisto is much much better!). I did not like it because it was hard to cutomize it, and since I am no web designer, I had no clue on what I was doing. I gave up on that and told myself to never do something like that ever again. So I now just use fantasico to upload scripts onto my webby webby website :P !!!

Crimson Editor and Photoshop. CE is a nice little program if you're used to doing the code in notepad; it's basically the same, except with tabs and syntax highlighting. Great if you like to have half a dozen files open at once. :P

I only use Notepad for all the coding.... and Adobe Photoshop 7.0 for the graphics. But I think I will take a look at Crimson Editor, since I actually have more than a dozen files open at once usually ;)

photoshopphp designer (just for syntax highlighting)dreamweaverI also code php in dreamweaver. It works pretty well and I'm not going to download another program that does the exact same as dreamweaver.

I use Textpad located at: http://textpad.com/
Textpad has colored text. The text color depends on what language it is etc. Like I have it set so that things within "" are a light green.

It's helped me fix errors several times.

Of course the full version cost money but for the Evaluation version you get all the same features but you get this annoying little popup every once in a while. But its a good program.

I use the basics too:Photoshop / Photostudio - for imagesNotepad - for codingand since I use blogger for my blog in my site, i preview my page through their template layout preview. very complicated, but ive gotten used to it. ;)

Like alot of people, I use DreamWeaver ;) Although, I started off by using Notepad, and I still do use it from time to time. I once had to use Microsoft Word (for IT in high school) to make a basic website, the spell/grammar check reaaaaaaally peeved me off ;);) They just won't go away!!!

I now use Microsoft Expression Web and Graphic designer as well as Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Flash, Frontpage. I don't really use notepad for coding a website as i like to see what the site will look like whilst im coding.

Just NotePad and PhotoShop for me, but starting tomorrow I might start using Flash too (yay for College, getting this stuff taight to you by an actual human being rather than reading confusing online tutorials).

Similar to everyone elses response, I use Photoshop and Flash for my designs, and in general. I love doing graphic design such as forum signatures, etc... And Photoshop helps me do that. For coding, I generally stick to Notepad, although I recently got DreamWeaver 8, and it's kind of cool. I don't like how it distorts tables while in "Design" mode though. Being DW's main feature, you'd think they'd make the program to not break design code while writing a sentence.In all, Photoshop and Notepad is where it's at for me!

i say stick with dreamweaver if you already have it. even if you can handcode, its handy to be able to switch from code to site view in an instance. its also good in that it can clean your code, show small errors and auto complete code while you're typing. i use dreamweaver, photoshop and sometimes flash top make websites; but i'm more a designer than coder. i'm currently studying design in university and when we're web-designing we tend to focus more on the presentation and usability of a website rather than advanced coding techniques which get things done more effective/efficiently. i do know abit of php and such, but i'm not too comfortable with it. anyway, i'm rambling off topic now lol. just stick with dreamweaver, it's a very good product.