xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

I use various programs for scripting and creating images for a website. I've used notepad for many years and I also use webcoder 5. I use Photoshop CS, Paintshop Pro 7 and MS Paint for graphics. I thought of getting a flash program at one point in time, but realized that a lot of people can't even see flash. I dropped that idea... I would suppose that it depends on your taste in programs as to what you use. Lots of people just don't want to use PSCS or PS7 simple because they are somewhat complicated programs for some. I still use MS Paint a lot of the time. It helps when you need to do simple pixel work and you don't need all the bulk that comes with PS7 or PSCS... Not to mention it doesn't take as long to load...lol

Ever heard of 1stpage 2000 from Evrsoft.

[br]1st Page 2000 is a professional HTML editing software which lets you create great websites fast! The visually appealing program comes bundled with over 450+ Javascripts and supports all the latest web languages.[br][/br]Evrsoft 1st Page 2000 helps you write, edit and improve your HTML, its powerful tools let you author websites faster, easier and better! Most new builders don't realize the time they're losing by relying on traditional based text editors like WindowsTM Notepad to author their sites. Whether you're a beginner or an HTML guru you'll find 1st Page 2000 great to use![br][/br]

Sorry for Copying.. but this one is Really very COOL!!

Check out the feature list ..

1st Page is a powerful product years in the making - from concept, design to programming Evrsoft has extensively researched and surveyed thousands of webmasters worldwide to gain high knowledge and experience in the web authoring field.

Check out all the features within 1st Page 2000:

[/br]Editing

* Access local and remote files
* Insert and convert files
* Easy tag selection
* Supports proportional fonts and full color customization
* Customizable Syntax Highlighting
* Customizable Tag Highlighting
* Ultra-fast editing facilities - line no# support, gutter, margin
* View/disable Hidden characters
* Insert/Overwrite modes

Functionaility

* Tool tips and hints for all features
* Single-click bookmark support and easily set bookmarks!
* Syntax Highlighting Parser supports HTML documents from 1 -> 5.0, Perl, ASP, Cascading Style Sheets, Javascript, VBScript, CFML (Allaire Cold Fusion) and Java.

Browsers

* Preview pages in multiple browsers (up to 4 supported)
* Automatic detection of installed browsers.

Split-view Editing

* Edit Web documents and watch real-time updates of the page in the integrated MS Internet ExplorerTM engine.
* Split-view browser can be used to browse the web.
* Extended ruler support to show resolution width
* Change browser window resolution quickly. Resolutions supported: 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768.

Control

* Complete control over code - create Web pages for all browsers
* No proprietary formats - just regular files presented in a way that is easy to use and understand.

Choose the Code to Create

* Tags Filter, Syntax checking based upon user-specified browser support
* Create custom tag libraries

Proofing and Testing tools

* Spell checking
* Theasuarus Lookup
* LiveSpell : Check documents while you type (like MSWord 2000)
* Tidy HTML integration : Fix problem Web documents with the best tool!
* HTML Source Formatting

Extensive Online Support

* WebMag Portal Online Center (forum/discussion, chat, updates, handy tips, web news)
* Chat as your building web pages with 1st Page LiveChat window
* Online discussion board for all members, free of charge!

Additional Power tools

* HTML Source Compressor
* Instant View : Views jpg, gif, png, html, txt files.
* Evrsoft 1st Transfer : Transfer documents to FTP Server
* Tag Stripper
* Instant Scripts: The world's largest and most useful script repository. 450+ scripts
* DHTML Zone : Scripts from the world's best DHTML authors/sites
* Common Javascript Wizard
* Internet Explorer/Netscape bookmarks
* Flexible Web-Safe Color Palette, Side Color Picker
* Convert Text Files into HTML documents
* Speedy Table Sizer - Create tables super fasst!!

Internal Preview

* Fully-functional built-in browser using MS Internet ExplorerTM

Cutting Edge Technologies

* Eye boggling DHTML/Javascript effects found in iScripts
* Latest DHTML scripts
* Huge Javascript repository
* Page Transitions
* IE/Netscape language extensions
* In-line Media, Macromedia FlashŽ/Macromedia ShockwaveŽ integration

Extensive Help/HTML Aid

* Integrated Reference Window
* Get Help with any tag quickly
* Complete reference for HTML 4.0, SSI, CSS, Relative paths
* HTML Knowledge Base / Commonly Asked Questions

Language Support

* Convert Web documents to XML
* Upgrade Web documents into 100% compatible CSS layout
* Perl, CGI, Java, VBScript, CSS, Javascript support
* View Special/Extended Characters
* Tag Library for over 13 language/versions.

Enhanced Projects

* Create and manage local web sites
* Minimal Task/Todo List

Customizable Interface

* External browser support (DDE)
* Full Windows 98/2000/NT Drag 'n' Drop integration
* Customizable Toolbars
* Customizable Keyboard Shortcuts
* Flexible 4-way development mode (Normal, Easy, Expert, Hardcore)
* Customizable sidebar tabs alignment/layout
* Editor preferences (e.g gutter width, font sizes/colors, margin widths, etc..)
* Personal/Custom Templates

Common Sense

* Save and preview code fragments (snipplets) for future use
* Open/Save Dialog Favorites to quickly goto commonly used folders quickly
* 1st Page Explorer Favorites on Local tab
* Remembers all the settings/preferences you commonly use

Tag Editors, Wizards

* Create instant Javascript Rollover Image Effects
* Instant Image insertion with calculated width and height
* Powerful WYSIWYG Font Tag Editor
* Automatic detection and editing of Document Body
* Quick Table Editor

Extensive

* In-built Plugin/Module infrastructure to allow further expansion in the near future.
* WebUpdate : Automatically search for new versions on startup
* Evrsoft Plugin/Module Download Center

I use a a variety of programs. I always use Dreamweaver for my coding. I use Flash and Photoshop all the time though. Even when i'm not making a template, i still use them. I love creating new thingsin photoshop. Everytime you go into that program and fool aorund, you always get something new. I love it!

Just a comment,Dreamweaver is great if you want lots of functionality & if you know how to clean up the "extra" html it 'dumps" in above the standard CSS etc. AND your goal is to to learn html coding it's the/a high end tool to use. If your an absolute newbie OR want to get a webite coded VERY FAST without learning any HTML, then you could use a program Like "SiteGenWiz". The author is in Switzerland. The download is fast. The price is very affordable $29 USD. And it produces a basic to intermediate website FAST. Has a FTP uploader, supports metatags, keywords etc. The program is a little short on documentation though & it will take some fooling around with to get you used to it. I guess the GUI is intuitive for some people but it really could use better docs. Otherwise it codes very well.Hope this helps!Cheers! ;) PS-I'm not affiliated with this co. in any way.

i think frontpage is overcrossed for serious designers work!!! After a couple of months using it, i realised that he isnt good enought for my designers needs ;) Now i work with Dreamweaver MX 2004 and im completly satisfied!!! Dreamweaver rulezzz!! ;)Photoshop 8 is my choice of programs for picture editing...

i am a notepad programmer so i guess i use notepad in most of my projects in school. i don't have anything against ide's, it's just that i find the notepad easier when i program. sure i use ide's when i'm in a hurry, and they give all the help you need, i particularly like the drop-down menus whenever i type some constructors and stuff.i also use photoshop, but since our pc got reformatted recently and my cd installer got destroyed, i'm currently holding on to gimp. it's not as elegant as photoshop, but for the purpose of editing a picture, it serves its purpose.

I use Joomla! and GIMPshop to create my web sites. GIMPshop is a very easy to use graphic editor, and Joomla! is a very nice Content Management System. It lets me create my web sites the way that I want them. It has made managing a site a whole lot easier.

I've used Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Paint Shop Pro 7, Adobe PhotoShop and Notepad before. I mostly use a combination of Frontpage and notepad. I use Frontpage or Dreamweaver to make the "Template" for my layout, make graphics with Paint Shop Pro 7 and Adobe, and then do the error checking for my code with Notepad. ;)I don't advice using Dreamweaver or Frontpage with out knowing some HTML first, because I dislike for the extra code the programs throw in that you don't need. Plus the fact that extra code can screw up your layouts and unless you know HTML it can be impossable to fix. :)

photoshop for all my digital graphics and thats that ^_~ i also use Macromedia Dreamworks and am very happy with the results it gives me. " love creating new thingsin photoshop. Everytime you go into that program and fool aorund, you always get something new. I love it!" I know exactly what you mean man, everytime you make something it's different! :)

I use Photoshop to design my site. After I get through with the design I slice it and then save it for the web. I then open it in Dreamweaver 8 to start with the coding. Then when I'm done coding I upload it using SmartFTP and then I'm done. I think Dreamweaver is really the best way to go for coding if you can afford the software. I think it's really helpful overall.