xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

I use PHPEditor. It highlights html, php and javascript. It is open source so everybody will love it.I also use kompozer(nvu) to make the graphical side of the web, that is also open source.The objective to write the code by hand is that i like to see how everything in the web page works. It is also very easy to debug a web that is written by you instead by a composer(dreamweaver).Regards

Either notepad or Dreamweaver. Notepad for quick easy edits or starting from scratch and Dreamweaver for visual editing. They're two peas in a pod.

photoshop for the templates. notepad for the coding and front page. that's all I use pretty basic. Someone said that Visual Web Devloper is a good software for this...but is it for eb sites or web applications?! ;)

Actually I design only for hobby because I don't have a lt of spare time 'cause of the school, but when I design I mostly use this applications:Photoshop CS2 - Don't need any fancy description but I make here all the designing of the site, sometimes other designing like logos, banners, and so on.Adobe ImageReady CS2 - Here I slice the design and prepare all the graphics for web.Dreamweaver - After slicing I edit here my site and optimize it for performance, seo etc.Notepad++ - If I need to make some little changes at the code I use this app. it's easy to use like Notepadd but with extras ( that's why are there pluses ;))WAMP - stands for windows, apache, mysql and PHP I use this software to test the websites if they work in a web site environment. And I installed Wordpress so if I ever start to design for WP I will test them with this app.Oh and FileZilla - FTP application.

get a program to create websites, and learn how to use it (one of the best in visual editor is Easy Web Editor, you can also try Hyper Publish PRO, then there are also more complicated to use programs that require knowledge of the "code" HTML); Once you have created your site on your PC, which is published on the network by using the appropriate procedure (for example, who uses EasyWebEditor to create the site can publish one button)

I use Adobe Photoshop for the design, and usually use Dreamweaver for the code. CS4, by the way. On a side note, I can't wait for CS5 to be released to the public.

I use Adobe Photoshop for the design, and usually use Dreamweaver for the code. CS4, by the way.
On a side note, I can't wait for CS5 to be released to the public.

When working for someone, it usually goes like this:

Fireworks(wireframe) --> Fireworks(basic functionality) --> Photoshop (design) --> Dreamweaver(coding). If some other functionality is needed, I tend to use Flash (which I also use to make games:)).

This was the Adobe-Macromedia (expensive) side of the story. For something free, it would go:

GIMP(wireframe + design) --> Notepad++ (coding - this is not the ordinary notepad and I highly reccommend it as a coding editor)

Also, Mac users can choose between Coda, TextEdit and Aptana.

I use a wide variety of programs to the ones you see in the Adobe packages and alot of freeware and opensource software. The main set of tools I use are Notepad++, Photoshop and Dreamweaver, Adobe in CS4. This set of tools I use currently I have been using for the last year and have proven to be worthy. I recommend anyone to try them out..

Everytime I see topics like this I'm mildly fascinated.I'm a guy who started web design by using Joomla and drupal so I'm used to writing themes and modules than starting a site from scratch. Well for code writing I use, Notepad++. I once used Dreamweaver back in the when it was still called Macromedia Dreamweaver and I absolutely loved it! it was a fantastic tool and I liked doing the tutorials, etc, they really got me started. Macromedia fireworks was one heck of a graphics software too and together, I put up my first site before migrating to coding and stopping there with the IDEs.I'd recommend Notepad++ to all web designers...it's a good software for code writing.

I use Notepad++ too!I tried Ultraedit just as I was about to start learning drupal development but it just didn't cut it for me :(I've never been a fan of DW or any other IDE, the less stuff you see on screen, the better the program!! at leat for me...besides Notepad++ is open source right.

If you want to get really good at code then you should use a plain text editor, personally I use notepad and notepad++, and Photoshop for the graphics, IMO programs like dreamweaver are stupid, because they are messy and theres not much you can do with them, if you learn to code by hand then your websites will be much better and your code will be neater.

Well, for a lot of years, I don't program with only Notepad2 or Notepad++ as it's quite hard, I usually use an IDE like PHP Designer, which has quite good features, even though the main thing is as in a simple text editor, just that while writing the code, it shows PHP mistakes and similar stuff, there are quite good features to make your life a bit easier, but I guess it's a question of how to got used to do your programming.I also, don't like software like dreamweaver or frontpage, because usually it spoils everything, besides it's quite expensive..To do my graphics, I just use GIMP, which is free and has enough power for me, as I am not the best guy with graphics, i am more a programmer, but know how to do some things, little more than basic :P:D

Notepad++ is not enough. There are many reasons for that. Sometimes you do things with IDE like dreamweaver and frontpage. Even NVU is good at that. It can behave like dreamweaver and sometimes as notepad++. Not perfect though, but it is free at least. You can also do most of the stuff that you were able to do with dreamweaver and frontpage. I found it good for most of my needs. I used NVU for creating some of the squeeze pages. In such case creating squeeze page using notepad++ was tedious task also i wanted to test makup. So for that i found NVU much better.

I prefer notepad plus for coding. The visual editors confuse me and I find them counter productive.After designing a couple of websites you will have some good CSS templates to customize and you don't have to start from scratch every time.If I'm in a hurry and have to use a visual editor I prefer NVU as it's less confusing and fast..