xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

Hmm... well, I personally design the layout in Photoshop first, then slice it in ImageReady before coding it in Dreamweaver. Plus, if I have later changes to do, I simply use Notepad.

If you beleive in 1 hour websites using templates that can be edited and with any kind of content inserted, then webpage maker is super quick, affordable and you don't even need DW/FP, an Ftp prog or any HTML, Javascript knowledge as it inserts it all for you!Of course this takes the fun out of it...maybe!

The basic Notepad can be the only tool you need in coding your website project. It's clean and simple. It depends on you what you want to put in your code and those you don't need won't be in your code unlike when you're using WYSIWYG programs. If you need something with fancier features like drag and drop capabilities and built in javascripts, you can choose to use Macromedia Dreamweaver. As with the graphics for your site, I suggest you use Adobe Photoshop since it is the tool most professionals use. Fireworks is fine as well but then again Photoshop has more features and you can download tons of tutorials for it from the Internet. <_<

Well, in order to understand clearly what are you coding it is to use notepad which consist of plainly the codings... You can basically do anything with codes if you know all the correct codes to put... But for begininer or ppl that is lazy to learn the hard way its better to use GUI program to help you done up your webpages...Personally, I use notepad and photoshop to build my websites... However, I'm still not that good in photoshop yet so I couldnt make any nice layout yet... <_<

I use AceHTML Freeware to write my pages and scripts.

Notepad is okay but AceHTML has more functionality for designing websites.

Don't have Photoshop, I use The GIMP sometimes for images.

Paint usually for GIFs and TIFFs.

I don't use Tidy a lot, I use the HTML Validation Results from an extension in Firefox to see any arrors. I also vaildate my pages through http://validator.w3.org/.

For testing my pages I use Internet Explorer 7, Mozilla Firefox 1.5, Opera 9, Avant Browser 10, Maxthon, SeaMonkey BETA and also Netscape 8.

Hope this helps.

i tend to type everything right into the the editor box on the host. but when i do things on my machine when i cant get online i use notepad. For my graphics i use MS Paint and this stupid lil program i got called "Presto! Photo designer". I <3 Notepad, but there is only one downside. When using php, they tell you on what line you have the error right? Well, if your using notepad you have got to count all those lines yourself >.< Thats the only thing i dont like. Just for the record when using notepad i turn wordwrap off :-p

Yeah. I think I'm one of those people who's still using those really, really orthodox methods of coding and web designing. xp

But, yeah. I use Notepad for HTML/CSS coding and Photoshop for images.
I've heard that Dreamweaver is a good program though.

I have used Dreamweaver 8 and am happy with the way it has worked for me. I dont do very advanced stuff using my dreamweaver , but it is simple fast end effective. Infact i started designing my first werb page using dreamweaver.. I guess a tool good enough for beginners and professionals alike.......

Frontpage is nice.Dreamweaver is nicer.But they cost a lot. (real A LOT)Trellian WebPage is a freeware. It's almost like Frontpage.Easy to use, WYSIWYG, and all.WebDwarf is also a freeware. But I don't like it. Difficult to understand how to use it.I first used Trellian. Then I switched to WebDwarf.I had to go back to Trellian at the end.

Within adobe there is adobe go live. I really like it. In some ways it is better than macromedia becuase the website design layout is easier to read and you can view previews of your designs on browsers a lot easier. The tutorials within the program are a lot simpler also. It also has more automated features. Take for instance an RSS feed. For dreamweaver you have to write your own xml sheet and then post it but with go live you just select rss feed from the menu and it is done. I have used the newest version wit creative suite 2 and it is amazing. I styill use dreamweaver though becuase that is the platform that i am most familar with. They are both good.

I use notepad, Tidy (auto-cleans your html code so its w3c compliant), gimp (open-source version of photoshop) and 3 different browsers (IE, firefox and opera) to see if the website looks the same on all three.
I really recommend Tidy to design ur website, it really speeds up my work. I got my site w3c compliant within 5 minutes with it.

here's a link:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

thats cheating! it auto-cleans it? aww come on learn it so you got it under your fingers! not being mean just saying. but i guess it would be good for beginners...which would be me but i am going to stick with conTEXT, very nice program