xisto Community
nicky1

What Program Do You Use To Design Your Web? has another good than dreamweaver ?

what i use most is flash, for the full design. then i use photoshop and illustrator to the side for the graphics, allthough i do lots of ghraphics in flash.

I tend to use basic templates which I then embellish a lot more in dreamweaver, and edit the pictures in photoshop.However, I like to create pictures and graphics with Xara as they can create some pretty nice effects which photoshop can't replicate!

I use Notepad to organize my coding and Adobe Photoshop CS3 to create images and such. And paint sometimes, but these are the only things I use, I don't know much about other programs.

I am strict when it comes to this topic. When designing a website Iuse notepad and only notepad. The graphics will be run through photoshop. I rarely (don't think I ever) go out of that area. I don't know flash that well, so I never use it unless required to for school.

Dreamweaver is really good. With Fireworks, it gets better. Flash makes it even better.

I really think that macromedia is, or was.. its adobe's now... anyways, I think its the best software suite for this type of media, the only thing they are missing is 3d. I use notepad+photoshop though. I tried GIMP but I just couldnt stand being without photoshop, it is too good for designing, though a lot of people prefer fireworks, which I feel is very limited when compared to photoshop. I guess those people dont really know how to use photoshop.

For me i don't use notepad...(only if i don't have Dreamweaver Installed :P )...LoL..........I use Dreamweaver Because i like it......And i think that it is the best because when i use the coding when i type about three letters from the code it gives it to me...and it also have great Flash Buttons and flash tools...and easily you can apply ActiveX controls and easily add a page refresh

I has use a lot all of macromedia suit like Dreamweaver ultradev4 , 4 , mx , mx2004. Is there another good program to design website than macromedia dreamweaver? I just want to try other software may be I will get a new idea and effect for my site.
PS. don't try 2 answer microsoft frontpage hehehe :P

I only used Adobe Photoshop for my web graphix. And also Webpage Builder if I'm about to create an HTML type Website. :P

PageBreeze HTML Editor is free and a very good in my opinion. It also has WYSIWUG editing, which really comes in handy when I don't feel like coding anything, making a lot of things very, very easy.

I'm using GoLive (for easy css and creating templates), PhotoShop and notepad. I've also used 1st page for a while but switched back to notepad later.
But here's another interesting question that (in my opinion) suits in here: Do you check you're carefully (?) created website in all the internet browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari etc)? I don't, but if I come across a computer with a different browser than IE, I probably would check it.

A WYSIWYG editor: NVU it's free, stable, not so hard to use and also you can find a portable version! so you can fix someting easily anytime at anyplace.
Graphic Editor: GIMP it's a open source software like photoshop. Sweet!