xisto Community
googlue

Please stop smoking if you are...

Hi All, I`m 24 and I`m a smoker, I`ve been smoking cigarettes for the past 6 years, and from my experience, let me tell you, its very easy to quit smoking. If one decides to stop smoking, he can do that, but the thing is that, nobody really wants to quit smoking. 90% of all the smokers who want to quit smoking really dont have that 'burning desire' to quit smoking. If somebody has got that, its very simple, unless one is a smoker for decades(because I think that smoking tobacco for decades may bring some biological changes in your body which makes your body need tobacco in intervals). I say this from my experience, because I, myself, have tried to quit smoking several times, but was not able to, so one day i took some time and thought about it and realised that I really dont have that desire to quit smoking. But today, I determined not to smoke, because it was today afternoon I got the knowledge that when we quit smoking, the result will start showing on our face. So, I decided to quit smoking today, for the sake of being handsome. And, after 3 weeks or so, if my face doesnt start glowing, I`m going to be smoker again. Good Luck for me. Thanks for reading. God Bless!!

Smoking is really bad for health.It eats up your life with everytime you smoke a cigar.It can cause cancer and if proper treatment is not recieved on time then it can kill you.But Why to get a cancer and then treatment,isn't it better to not to smoke as it is been rightly said that "prevention is better then cure".Well that pic was really good and smokers should tale a lesson from it,a percent of cancer builds up inside you whenever you smoke and it then is like slow poison ,then after few years of smoking cancer would build up inside you and would get installed.Then its really rare to get a new life.So why shouldn't we stop smoking before its too late.So whoever smokes should leave it as soon as possible because it give you pleasure for sometime but Why to do those things which would would take your life away from you.""So save yourself and your Family""

Why do all you damn liberals always go on a mad rant trying to get people to quit smoking? The fact is that you can show a smoker all the numbers in the world against smoking, and in most cases, they'll either ignore you or laugh at you.It's honorable that you're asking people to stop smoking to try and save them(I hope), but still, the persistence is getting old. But, if you ask me, I always say that cigarettes should be illegal if the government feels it has the right to outlaw other substances that are not nearly as dangerous as smoking, or drinking alcohol.

My 14-year-old sister smoked for over a year but kept claiming she had never smoked in her entire life. One day my brother caught her in the act when she was with a friend and started trading cigarettes with her. He tried to talk my sister out of it (smoking), but she didnt listen.One day, not long after, her friend came up to my bro and tried to get him to start smoking, too. My bro took the cigarette from her hand, snapped it in half, threw it away and told her never to come to the area we live again. None of us ever saw her again and my sister quit soon after.I seriously don't know what is so "hip" with smoking. You're filling your body with over twenty different poisons, and increasing your chance of sight loss and lung cancer (among other cancers), and once you start it is nearly impossible to stop. I will never smoke in my life, and that's a promise. I'd rather be killed than kill myself, if you get what I mean.

Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

some people say that smoking is poison...but in my opinion., there are a lot of medicine in cigarette., cause when i am a little bit stress, a cigarette can make me relax., :P

some people say that smoking is poison...but in my opinion., there are a lot of medicine in cigarette.,
cause when i am a little bit stress, a cigarette can make me relax., :P

That "medicine" is nicotine, a stimulant that is the main cause for addiction to cigarettes.
If you stop smoking, you won't need the cigarette to relax. Instead, try eating a bar of chocolate or some green tea or something.

Maybe you should try Nicorette. It's a gum that has about 2 or 3 mg of nicotine in it that can help curb your addiction.

"Smoking kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life." :P

I'm not entirely sure but if my calculations are correct, if you're killed you've lost your life... not just a part....

Anyway it's not that easy for most people to quit. Nicotine is addictive. If you give your body some on a regular basis and then stop you will actually get sick. It's a hard habit to quit. It's like trying to lose wait by not eating anything. After a few days of i you will crack and eat all the food you can.

Its up to a person to smoke if they want. But at the same time, its been demonstrated of the effects of smoking, and/or how the smoker eventually gets addicted to it. However, there have been counter issues eg smoking makes a person relax, etc.. yet it seems the negatives may outweigh the positives for health reasons.I dont mind people smoking, however at the same time many of us non-smokers do have a right to breath clean air without being covered in cigarettes/cigars/etc that pollute.

I don't smoke Because Smoking is injurious for health. It may leads to cancer and other dangerous disease.But many people smoke for entertainment, relax and it will be habitual after some time and not able to left the smoke. If someone smoke near you (suppose you are not smoker) It will be very uncomfortable to you. So don't smoke, Save your life and Family because there is saying Smoking affect twice the surround peoples(that lives with smoker) than smoker.

but its my life I'll do whatever the hell i want and just cuz people on a message board say "please quit smoking" doesn't mean I will...ok hell if ANYONE says it I don't care, in real life/on the net/whatever.

Here here, Triple X. I always find it amusing that the folks who tout their "tolerant" outlook tend to be the least tolerant of all. No one dictates what works best for my personal constitution. I choose not to smoke, but only as a Sovereign Individual, not as a ward of the State. If I decide to take up smoking the dictates of the State will not influence me. Indeed, their philosophy borders on fascism. The decision to smoke is a personal one, and best left to the individual, not some useless drone speaking on behalf of the State's current agenda.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago the State emphatically encouraged and romanticized smoking, through it's various media outlets - especially it's side kick: Hollywood. Nary a Hollywhore star could be seen without a cig hanging out of his mouth. Can anyone tell me the State didn't know nicotine was a carcinogen while they promoted it way-back-when in their ****-infested movies? The potential toxicity of nicotine has been well documented since the turn of the century, yet the Powers That Be sexualized smoking, knowing full well the sheep would fall victim. And now the same elite who pushed smoking on you are now telling you to stop. Don't any of you question why? Obviously, your culture is being created by someone other than you. Doesn't that bother you?

I cannot speak for the topic starter, not knowing his mind. But the fact remains the State and it's Madison Avenue flunkies have waged war on the smoker. Why? Because the smoker is an easy target the mass of people will readily vilify. If you do not stand up now and defend the smokers right to smoke, you soon will be targeted for the things you have every right to enjoy.

I used to smoke when I was younger, just because I didn't have what to do or maybe also due to my surrounding, most of my friends smoke, some people at the places I worked smoked, so it really makes you relax, but with time I stopped smoking, just because of the smell, I really always hated the smell, tried to ash my hands whenever I could, besides here cigarettes prices has risen 200% so it's also is much more expensive to smoke..I don't smoke for over 1.5 years, didn't try any cigarettes and I feel fine, I don't feel so addicted that I want nicotine or something, I just wanted to quit and I did quite smoking and I thought why the hell I did in the first place? Some of my friends does not smoke too, some smoke, but I just don't care to much as long as it's not in a car or a room I'm sitting, I don't understand people smoking in indoor places.. :D

People shouldn't be forced to quit their habits - if they want to die, then leave them to die.

Because at the end of it, they are the ones who are going to have a horrific death, like so:

Die from cancer

Suffocate to death

Die from heart disease

Die from a mouth disease

Die from lung disease - which is worse than being suffocated, since every breath gets harder and harder until you cant breathe atall.

So if people want to die like that, then you are just going to have to put up with the concequences.

Theres nothing we can do to stop people from smoking, just saying "Oh dear, please can you stop smoking" - thats the same as asking somebody "Oh dear, please can you stop eating chocolate!"; its pointless, nobody is going to listen to you.