xisto Community
googlue

Please stop smoking if you are...

HA! you think I PAY for cigarettes and weed(which I've only done twice so su and I haven't in a while)? Hell no I barely get any money(and before you say spit its cuz my mom can't get a job because the only stuff around here she CAN'T do with her disabilitys) so I would never waste the little....itty bitty...ammount I ever get on that ****.Go through school? I'm homeschooled and I am doing fine, my smoking doesn't get in the way of that. Carreer? ha, yeah right, i don't want to go to collage and become a lawer or hell I don't want a big career, when its time(when I'm 16 or 17) I'll get a good job to make some money then when I'm older and living alone I'll get a better job that'll make me enough money for food clothes bills ect. I might work at Polaris which my mom and gramma both used to work at(my gramma still does, and she has no money troubles at all...she's freaking rich compaired to us, but also she has worked allot of over-time and has worked there for years). I know that'll at least keep me going.

Do i know it kills yes, but so does alcohol, drugs, guns, and the people who use them so how come everyone is always ragging on the smokers?
It all comes back to the original saying (Insert drinking, drugs, smoking, guns) Dont kill people, People kill people.

Trystim,

The major difference between smoking and the other things you mentioned is that the others harm only the person who is consuming voluntarily.

Smoking, not so.

There is passive smoking... If I am sitting next to you and you smoke, I also get affected!

Thankfully we have the Net and I need not sit next to you to chat with you!

Googlue!
ok gotta beg to differ here the alcohol yes i will agree. but guns and drugs i have to disagree i think the gun is alot more harmful to the person on the recieving end if i choose to use it, and drugs are smoked as well.
Oh! Sorry, some oversight there...
You are right!
:)

So alcoho is okay then, is it? :)

Drinking is no better than smoking, when you drink you get drunk(well if you drink enough) and you can cause harm to other people because you can't control yourself as well and you could beat the **** out of them for no reason at all, and if you drive....well do I have to say it?

@Triple XI sympathize with your situation. I really do. You say your homeschooled? Cool, man! Everything I've really learned, I've learned on my own too. I've found that people can give you a start, but when it comes to really learning things, you have to do it yourself. I agree 100% BUT... The rest of the "real world" does not see it that way. They do not want to hear what you can do.. they want to hear what you've already done "in the real world" and the real world is not going to give you the chance to prove what you already know what you can do unless you have the papers to prove that you can actually do it. Those papers can only come from some kind of education.It sucks, but that's the way it is.It's great that you can get a job at Polaris (sorry, don't know what that is?) And if you'd be satisfied doing that for your life, well hey.. work at Polaris and be satisfied!.. But at 13, do you really know that that's what you'd be willing to do for 5 times the amount of time you've been alive?And I'm not really talking about smoking tobacco. I'm talking about the weed. I'll level with you. I was a daily toker for a looong time. And it wasn't just weed I was doing. And truthfully I don't regret anything that I've done. I wish I had waited though. I wish I had waited for a time that I wasn't responsible for doing things and getting things done once the workday was over. Cause once you're in the workforce, unless you actually are a lawyer or something (and who wants that?), you don't have homework! The night's yours to do as you please.. noone cares, so long as you show up for work on time and do the work you're paid to do before you leave. But you work 8 hour days, and if you don't like what you're doing, life can be HELL! That's why I say WAIT! Wait till you don't have to worry about what you're gonna be doing with yourself for 50 years.If you can make it to the point where you make enough money so that you don't have to worry about it, and you enjoy what you do on a daily basis, then go nuts! Smoke all the weed you want (after hours, of course)! You deserve it!

You seem really smart....but....even if I wanted to quit i probably couldn't. I will take what you've said and think about it though so thank you.BTW you say the thing your mainly talking about is weed? then how can you say alll this to me when I've only done it twice and don't plan on doing it allot even if I could. I don't want to become a pothead just every now and then when I had the chance I got high, one time on a vacation in Wisconsin(well a few times there cuz my cuzin kyle who was with us got some from a friend of his). And another in a Burger King bathroom >_> also with kyle cuz I don't know where to get any....nor do i really want to cuz if I did the chances of becoming a pothead would increase allot and I don't want that.Background note: My cuzin Kyle lives with our gramma(she's his legal gaurdion..yeah so he's my cuzin and my uncle in a way laugh it up), he's 17(will be 18 in march). His mom took *BLEEP* care of him so "they"(the law....social security I think) took him out of her care and put him in a er whatever you call it, then later gramma became his legal gaudrion(not adopted him...there's a difference). He's in juvi right now though, my mom and gramma say he should be getting out either in Jan or Feb not sure.EDIT: Oh and Polaris is a company that makes Snowmobils(sp?), Four wheelers(used to make 3 wheelers but stopped cuz they flipped too much...), Motorsycles and thats all I can think of.

Edited by Triple X (see edit history)

@Triple XWell, I didn't realize that you only did it once or twice. Even so, I'm glad you're giving some thought to what I've said. I'm not sayong that tobacco is fine; it does more damage to your body than weed and in the long run tobacco will be the drug <yes I said drug> you will regret doing.If all the weed you smoke is like once or twice a year on special occasions, then honestly, whatever man. That won't do you no harm. But don't let it get more than that. Not at 13. I know I keep bringing up your age, and I apologize for that. Again I don't mean to sound like I'm putting you on a lower level than me because of your age. Far from it. But there have been no studies to my knowledge on the affects of marijuana on anyone that is not fully grown. All kinds of things are happening to you in this stage of your life and no one knows what doing recreational drugs will do to a growing/maturing body or mind. Plenty has been researched on adults. You can find the results of this research easily. I researched everything I experimented with before trying so I would know what to expect, and to weigh the risks vs. the experience. Except tobacco. The only one I didn't research, and the only drug I regret trying. It's the only one I became addicted to and the only drug I still take.And sorry to hear about you cuz. Hopefully he will learn and not end up there again (or worse)!

Thanks, actualy he's a good example of what can happen when you drink >_> *tells the story*Him and my other cuzin Willie who was visting decided to get drunk, Willie's 21 so be bought it, Kyle had an id that said he was 23(and he's tall enough to look it) but he didn't have cash(the reason he did is cuz they messed up on his first driving permit..he "lost" it). And since he was with they where ok walking around town after 12. They decided to rob a beauty shop(the door was unlocked...), got some tongue rings and money. Later blah blah a bunch of **** happened they got caught(not at the store but i don't feel like explaining it all). Willie didn't get much cuz it was his first offence, he got robbery and helping of a minor or w/e. Kyle got robery and underage drinking, a couple other charges i don't know about but they got dropped. It was Kyles 3rd MAJOR offence(one being when him and me took gramma svan for a spin..no i did not drive and someone hit US, damn town camaras..) and another when he got pissed cuz his g/f cheated on him and him and his a friend Eric went out slashing allot of tires. So he got 4 to 6 months...although if he does get out in Jan or Feb i don't think it'll be that long(maybe I'm wrong), it all depends on when he finishes the "program".its the second time he's been in juvi, the other was for the tires.

I have smoked since the age of 12 and I am now 18 going on nineteen and do not foresee myself quitting smoking anytime within the near future. Frankly it pisses me off that people keep on saying "Smoking Kills! You should quit.." Ect... ect... More than likely you would contract cancer from the pollution already in the air than you would from second-hand smoke. I don't really care what the medical journals say... Besides that, if you don't like being around someone who smokes.. Leave! Don't just sit there and whine at them... I would personally tell you to piss off...My sister has smoked through her entire precnancy and we have just celebrated her childs 2nd birthday. He was born very, very healthy and without complication. She is also smoking through her current pregnancy without ANY complications and is due in the late part of October early November. My mother also smoked through her pregnancies (all three of them) and none of us had any complicated births and were perfectly healthy.. So, that whole theory on lower health for babies born to mothers who smoked during their pregnancy is a crock. as a side note... Even smoking as long as I already have, I am in perfect health. I recently had a complete work-up and everything is working at 100%. The medical community is full of it if they think that trying to scare people into quitting smoking is going to make a dent. :) As for statistics...Smoking reaffer is worst than smoking a single ciggy. Smoking one joint is the equivalent of smoking FIVE ciggies. That's if you believe those statistics... (wouldn't know, I don't touch the crap) But anywho...Shouldn't this topic be in the LIFE category... Doesn't really seem like Lobby material... As for my views of living a full live.. Read the sig..

I really hate smoking.. on my first try.. damn.. i get cough. it sucks...

I really hate smoking.. on my first try.. damn.. i get cough. it sucks...

So you coughed? ohhhh how horrible, I do but only when I take too big of drag.......hey and for the weed thing, I'll quote Fieldy(a member of KoRn) from his solo album,
"You don't wanna choke, but when your done its fun"

or something similiar to that haven't heard it in a while.
Edited by Triple X (see edit history)

When my girlfriend Anne constantly smoked near me I found it disrespectful. Why? It bothers me and my asthma. Did I tell her? Yes. Does she care? No. Either way..I don't approve. Breathing in fire so often is a bit..doesn't it get boring? :)

im only 16 and i smoke :) but uhh i only smoke when im partying or if im really really stressed(for example: if a loved one dies) but those are the only times, im not a regular smoker.. i dont really like it.

When my girlfriend Anne constantly smoked near me I found it disrespectful. Why? It bothers me and my asthma. Did I tell her? Yes. Does she care? No. Either way..I don't approve. Breathing in fire so often is a bit..doesn't it get boring? :)

She didn't care? what a b >_> j/k.
So uh GET OUT OF THE ROOM then.

You don't breathe in fire dude o_O you inhail(sp?) the tobacco, you light it so....well I don't know EXACTLY how it works but w/e.

Boring? helllll no.

I don't smoke and i hate it when my father smokes after every meal. it's like his after-meal-ritual. I've tried smoking and i dind't find anything beneficial at all. it's just wasting my money to get some tobacco manufacturer richer. and they don't actually pay their taxes right here in the Philippines.