xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

Okay... I've now got credits going and all, but there are two things I don't "get" with the new system...

I have a my website hosted on Xisto. Now that I've "upgraded" to the new credit system, do I need to change my hosting details somewhere? You know... FTP details etc. If I do, how? And what happens to the old site and when? (I don't want a duplicate site).

Your settings for your domain, FTP, cpanel, email will stay the same. Your site will stay the same and everything the same. The only change is how you maintain free web hosting, no ads account service. In the past, as long as you had positive hosting credits your site functioned. With Credit System V3 as long as you have Account Credit Balance to deduct for the "charge" placed on your invoice, you can maintain free web hosting, no ads account. So it's essentially the same way of maintaining your free web hosting, no ads but with different credit terminology.

Email... that is, the personal one I signed up for Xisto with has proven to be a real pain. Somehow it's been leaked to spammers and I'm getting a lot of spam everyday through that address (I have separate emails for all contacts thanks to http://www.spamgourmet.com/index.pl)... SO... I wanna update my email address to a new one. But where do I do this? In the Xisto account? Would this break my credits as I need to change my Xisto account as well? And what of Xisto srevice (new credits and all)... do I need to change it there? Changing three times seems a bit harsh and I don't want to break anything ...help?

So what you're saying is the forum email address and Billing and Support account email address are, i.e., someone@somewhere.ext. And this email is receiving a lot of spam and you want to change it?

Please submit a support ticket to Xisto - Support via Billing and Support. Subject title Email Change Request for All Xisto, Xisto and Billing. Give your information. Provide forum username for both forums.

OpaQue made the change that your forum email cannot be changed by you. You can double check. And he disabled Billing and Support contact email change just for this concern--that members who do change may not have the correct deposits made from Xisto forum to Account Credit Balance in Billing and Support.

Am i able to somehow get hosting with Xisto - Web Hosting with my earnings?? Xisto - Web Hosting is the best host Ive seen thus far and the new layout of the site is magic!

The new credits system is a great piece of work! Congratulations and thank you to all that helped get it working. It has now inspired me to come back and start contributing again. (Many circumstances lead to me not being able to post a while back and loosing my website).And as an added bonus when i signed up to system 3.0, i scored myself a bonus $20. that'll keep my website going for a while!

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)

There are so many topics about this new system, but I still have a question, I don't know if it was answered yet, I passed some pages and didn't read them :rolleyes:Do I need to do anything in the xisto client panel for my website, I just registered and didn't do anything, I mean about adding/choosing how much DB and etc. in Order area or is everything automatic?And lets say how much $ do I need every month to post on my account?

Am i able to somehow get hosting with Xisto - Web Hosting with my earnings?? Xisto - Web Hosting is the best host Ive seen thus far and the new layout of the site is magic!

Never mind i think I found the answer to that already, great system!!!

There are so many topics about this new system, but I still have a question, I don't know if it was answered yet, I passed some pages and didn't read them :rolleyes:
Do I need to do anything in the xisto client panel for my website, I just registered and didn't do anything, I mean about adding/choosing how much DB and etc. in Order area or is everything automatic?

And lets say how much $ do I need every month to post on my account?

The amount of $ needed to maintain your acount depends on the services and options you chose, each option/service has its monthly price next to it in ordering. However, a domain's price is deducted anually. Also, you can choose to pay every year instead of every month and you will recieve a small discount. If you want to keep your upkeep low if you can't post alot and if your website isn't very big, you can choose a logical plan with 10GB bandwidth and 1000MB disk space. These don't cost extra.

This may sound stupid, but here goes:So do I need to order through the Xisto - Support panel anything if I am already hosted for a quite long time? Do I need to choose in the Xisto - Support client Panel -> Order -> Linux regular hosting and the Logic Plan or something and then to transfer a domain or something or is it already done and if it's done where can I see how much I need to pay monthly or something like that?I don't really want to play with those tools until I'm not sure to not stop my account from working :rolleyes:Furthermore, it seems that the ordering there is for Xisto - Web Hosting and not for Xisto?

Every member hosted at Xisto will have to transfer to the new system, which includes applying for a plan at Xisto - Support. This is not done automatically, because members need to be given the opportunity to choose the plan they find suitable. By doing so, you become a Xisto - Web Hosting customer, but you still use Xisto (and Xisto) to pay for your hosting :rolleyes:

If using a sub domain can one change whatever sub is currently being used? ie I am currently ciab.astahost.com but I would like to be something else. Do need to register under the Xisto system as the same URL then see about changing the subdomain or can I just rewgister as a different one and the ciab will go away ?

Do I need to do anything in the xisto client panel for my website, I just registered and didn't do anything, I mean about adding/choosing how much DB and etc. in Order area or is everything automatic?And lets say how much $ do I need every month to post on my account?

You need to order the "logic plan" at the Xisto client panel, with exactly the same e-mail address you have for your Xisto subdomain current hosting, asking for exactly the same subdomain as today, yourname.astahost.com.
If you give the same e-mail address as the current hosted site and the same subdomain name, your current Xisto hosting will be automatically translated to the new Xisto account, you will have to do nothing more.
The standard account, equivalent to your current account, costs about 3 dollars per month. Which means that you have to earn 100 Mycents every ten days.
The difference is that you can order everything you want at Xisto, so if you wish, you can have much more than your current account, but you will have to pay much more. For instance if you want have several domain names, much more than the current disk space, you can have, but you will have to pay more.

I think 100 MyCents every ten days seems to be about equal to the current/old system. I figured out that a general post (6-8 lines long) earned me about 10-12 MyCents. That length of a post usually gave me about 1 host credit (sometimes a little more sometimes a little less it seemed). After an estimate, I received anywhere from 1 to 2 MyCents per line of content. This is what my results were after a little test I ran after reading a lot of people asking how many MyCents you earn per post. You will most likely get slightly different results so don't base your posts off this, but that is a general idea of MyCents earnings. *Note one line is equivalent to about 90 characters (including spaces) on my computer. This is what was used in the calculations above.I like the new idea that you can get domains and other things from this new system. I do have one question though. Is it possible to earn these things based completely off of posting and not having to pay any real money? Is that the whole point of the switch or is there something I didn't read that limits what you can get by simply posting?Thanks,Sparkx

Is it possible to earn these things based completely off of posting and not having to pay any real money? Is that the whole point of the switch or is there something I didn't read that limits what you can get by simply posting?

Exactly that is the point.

We have many members who had 100+ hosting credits and never really knew what to do with them. So instead of mindlessly giving them away for a contest or awarding it, OpaQue decided to use left overs for the useful and real things--better hosting plans or purchase other services.

We knew about the free domains using 250 credits. But this was also impossible with the past hosting credit system. With a little effort you can purchase a domain using myCENT easier than ever. $999 myCENT equals $9.99 Account Credit Balance. How long does it takes you to earn $999 myCENT is up to you. And the best part is that myCENT does not diminish, unlike hosting credits.

Xisto shopping cart will treat Account Credit Balance as though it was the real cash.

Yet, I don't like the new system :P because my account used to have so much, 99-999 of everything, now I only can have 5 MySQL DB, 5 Addon domains which costs ~extra 3$ a month also I need more than 1 ftp account, but I can only choose 50 more for another 1$ where I need only 3.. At least 50 subdomains are cheap, only 0.49$ :PSeems that the only good option is that I got another 500 MB of disk space, which I really don't require, 500 MB were plenty enough for me :rolleyes:So every month I'll need to post for about ~7$ from myCENT, I noticed that for this week of posting I got about ~18 days to continue on my hosting, but got about 2$ and some cents, so another 13 days would give say another 2$ so for what I was posting 31 credits to keep the hosting I'll get about ~5$ so I'll need to post much more every month, another 2$ or maybe my calculations are bad, but still I have an account with less of everything.. Heh, even though I like the new system idea, but I think I'll need to be even more active, even though it's getting harder every time.Another question:If I'll register to Xisto forum with the same email, will I also get myCENT $$$ from posting there for my Xisto account? As I understand I can, but can anyone confirm me if it will work if I register now? :P

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Yes you can get mycents from Xisto too, as for the new system i thought it was harder in the begining, but right now it feels the same. I like the new system , more options and people who can't post can pay for their hosting.

Yes you can get mycents from Xisto too, as for the new system i thought it was harder in the begining, but right now it feels the same. I like the new system , more options and people who can't post can pay for their hosting.

But if I'm a member there but not in the HOSTED group, just registered and post on the forum?