xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

I’m a little worried. So you say it is absolutely necessary for me to join this new "myCents" thing to keep my free hosting? So I go there to register then I read that I need to put in my address and phone number. I want to know why? It's not that I don't trust Xisto but I have used services that seemed real (they were by Microsoft). Then my personal information got sent across the web. I don't plan on buying anything with this new "credit system" using real money. Sorry but I am a little hesitant to put that info in unless it is completely necessary. Could anyone explain this to me?Thanks,Sparkx

I haven't heard anything about a cap limit per post yet. I thought you could earn more than 10 credits per post on the old system though. Edit: Never mind you can only get 10 credits per post on the old system. I don't know what I was thinking, maybe I was thinking about tutorials. I hope the new myCent allows more than 10 cents per post.

I made a C tutorial and got >6 credits for it i think, however i was expecting more cents. its gona be hard for me to make ~5$ per month.Did someone do any calculations to find out if the new system costs more on a credits-$ ratio> the old system cost 30 credits per month and had 10GB bandwidth, 500 MG space, 999 mysql,99FTPs, and alot more stuff that i still haven't figured out. However getting these options in the new system seems harder :/ Edited by khalilov (see edit history)

I made a C tutorial and got >6 credits for it i think, however i was expecting more cents. its gona be hard for me to make ~5$ per month.

You know, you get credits for interesting, well-written tutorial, with interesting new information. I guess that it was difficult for you writing down these lines, however, probably if you continue like that it will seem less and less difficult.Simply be careful, if your text is written too easily, or if your tutorial is far too basic, it can be simply removed by the guy in charge of reviewing it, which will have a negative effect of the amount of your cents, exactly like the removal of a spammed or copied tutorial removed hosting credits in the old system. So, keep careful on the high level of your tutorials.

Also does anyone know whats the max of $ in mycent per post? In the old system it was 10 credits per post max.

I haven't heard anything about a cap limit per post yet. I thought you could earn more than 10 credits per post on the old system though. Edit: Never mind you can only get 10 credits per post on the old system. I don't know what I was thinking, maybe I was thinking about tutorials. I hope the new myCent allows more than 10 cents per post.

I haven't heard to much about that myself, but I would assume there will be no cap because depending on which package you get, every cent will count and if you write a good tutorial you can earn quite a lot from it.

Iâm a little worried. So you say it is absolutely necessary for me to join this new "myCents" thing to keep my free hosting? So I go there to register then I read that I need to put in my address and phone number. I want to know why? It's not that I don't trust Xisto but I have used services that seemed real (they were by Microsoft). Then my personal information got sent across the web. I don't plan on buying anything with this new "credit system" using real money. Sorry but I am a little hesitant to put that info in unless it is completely necessary. Could anyone explain this to me?
Thanks,
Sparkx

To answer your first question yes, especially your currently are being hosted the accounts under the old system will be deleted and so all your data will be deleted. As for your personal information you can make all that up, however, if you get a top level domain like .com, /org, .net you need to use your real information. However, when you get your hosting package you have an option to get ID protection which will make your personal information private to those who di a whois search on your domain. Besides your not using real money it is just a new look to the hosting credit systems, but think of it as a simulation as to how you would have to pay a hosting package with real money and trust me your not the only one as we had on Xisto a huge blow up because the TOS and AUP that is connected to Xisto - Web Hosting was a major concern for one member.

I made a C tutorial and got >6 credits for it i think, however i was expecting more cents. its gona be hard for me to make ~5$ per month.Did someone do any calculations to find out if the new system costs more on a credits-$ ratio> the old system cost 30 credits per month and had 10GB bandwidth, 500 MG space, 999 mysql,99FTPs, and alot more stuff that i still haven't figured out. However getting these options in the new system seems harder :/

To answer your first question no one has tried calculating the ratio of myCent's to characters in a post yet and I doubt anyone will because of the time gap to update the myCent's is so long that no sane person is going wait for it to update. It may seem harder but you need to post almost on a daily basis and they will have to be pretty long, I usually average $1-$2 a day in posts and so just as long as you can post quality posts you will more then $5 a month.

Iâm a little worried. So you say it is absolutely necessary for me to join this new "myCents" thing to keep my free hosting? So I go there to register then I read that I need to put in my address and phone number. I want to know why? It's not that I don't trust Xisto but I have used services that seemed real (they were by Microsoft). Then my personal information got sent across the web. I don't plan on buying anything with this new "credit system" using real money. Sorry but I am a little hesitant to put that info in unless it is completely necessary. Could anyone explain this to me?
Thanks,
Sparkx

Yes you need to join the new myCents thing to keep your hosting. You'll have plenty of time to make the switch though so don't worry. If you are really worried about all that information stuff leaking out just don't put the whole truth. Like if it says city put the town next to you and stuff like that. Just make sure you leave your phone number correct so they can contact you if they need to. Also like saint-michael said when you get your hosting package get ID protection for free because it make sure all your infomation stays private.

I made a C tutorial and got >6 credits for it i think, however i was expecting more cents. its gona be hard for me to make ~5$ per month.Did someone do any calculations to find out if the new system costs more on a credits-$ ratio> the old system cost 30 credits per month and had 10GB bandwidth, 500 MG space, 999 mysql,99FTPs, and alot more stuff that i still haven't figured out. However getting these options in the new system seems harder :/

It shouldn't be that hard to make five dollars a month. I made four dollars in the last three days but then again I have been posting on both Xisto and Xisto more than I ever have before. I do know what you mean about it being harder to get a hosting with a lot of features though but I think its easier to get a basic hosting and a lot easier to get a top level domain like yourdomain.com
Overall I think this system is a lot better.

Yes there was a delay in mycent update =), the tutorial i made along with 2 posts gave me about 1.3$ yesterday. So its not as hard as i thought. However i think the services we were given before were alot cheaper than now. But like you said no more 280 credits are needed for a .com. Hence i am with the new system 100% =).Iam just wondering, when the system was introduced i was given 2$ and i had 20 credits. Were the 2$ for the 20credits or the package i had? Because my package + the 20 credits i had =50 credits alot more than 2$ i think.it is a bit annoying for people who were hosted and had some credits stored :/

Today you see both values, the old system values and the new system values.You have 35.23 credits in the old credit system. That means that your site will be hosted during one month and five days, starting from now.You have 4 dollars in the new credit system. That means that your site will be hosted during one month and ten days starting from now.This means that, if we stop the new credit system today, your site will last one month and ten days if you don't add MyCents.And if you continue posting, your account will have $1 each time you have reached 100 Mycents, and at the end of the month you will be billed $3, which will be removed from your account if you have enough credits. If you don't have enough credits, too bad.So, simply, think, how much effort you performed for earning these $4 in your account, and see if you feel able to perform the same effort in a 40-days timeframe. If this is the case, you can proudly continue with us.

Iam just wondering, when the system was introduced i was given 2$ and i had 20 credits. Were the 2$ for the 20credits or the package i had? Because my package + the 20 credits i had =50 credits alot more than 2$ i think.it is a bit annoying for people who were hosted and had some credits stored :/

I think everyone was given the two dollars and it had nothing to do with the amount of credits we had at the time because as soon as I signed up at Xisto - Support.com I had $2.00 all ready in it and I had less then 20 version 2 credits at the time.

I think everyone was given the two dollars and it had nothing to do with the amount of credits we had at the time because as soon as I signed up at Xisto - Support.com I had $2.00 all ready in it and I had less then 20 version 2 credits at the time.

Nope. I have seen people who have been given nothing. Their credits are 0.00Or maybe they have to wait a couple of hours before seing $2.00

Nope. I have seen people who have been given nothing. Their credits are 0.00Or maybe they have to wait a couple of hours before seing $2.00

Well that makes no sence at all because khalilov had 20 credits and I don't think I even had 10 at the time and we both had the 30 credit package and both of us got 2 dollars in our account automatically. When I started the myCent thing on Xisto after I did it here I had about 5-7 credits and no hosting plan over there and I didn't get anything to my Xisto - Support account but I got some myCent (not enough to convert to a dollar though).
How many credits and what hosting package did those people that didn't get anything have?

Members who sign-up and see myCENTS in their account.. its due to their PAST posting history. (no magic) ;)

Past posting history O.o. As in all the stuff they posted in the past? what about people who signed up years ago and have been posting for years XD

These guys have been posting a lot, got a lot of credits, and they also have lost a lot of credits (one credit each day, 365 credits lost each year). The only real advantage the old members have, is the fact that they know how the thing works, they know that it's useless posting spam or junk posts because they are removed by mods, and they are trained writing interesting topics.

Members who sign-up and see myCENTS in their account.. its due to their PAST posting history. (no magic) ;)

Oh ok that makes sence. I was thinking it had to do with the credits you had at the time of joining the myCent thing but then it made no sence that my Xisto account which had around 80 posts and a few credits got two dollars right away and my Xisto account which had more credits but less posts only got a few myCents. It all makes sence now.

Okay... I've now got credits going and all, but there are two things I don't "get" with the new system...

I have a my website hosted on Xisto. Now that I've "upgraded" to the new credit system, do I need to change my hosting details somewhere? You know... FTP details etc. If I do, how? And what happens to the old site and when? (I don't want a duplicate site).

Email... that is, the personal one I signed up for Xisto with has proven to be a real pain. Somehow it's been leaked to spammers and I'm getting a lot of spam everyday through that address (I have separate emails for all contacts thanks to http://www.spamgourmet.com/index.pl)... SO... I wanna update my email address to a new one. But where do I do this? In the Xisto account? Would this break my credits as I need to change my Xisto account as well? And what of Xisto srevice (new credits and all)... do I need to change it there? Changing three times seems a bit harsh and I don't want to break anything ...help?