xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

But if I'm a member there but not in the HOSTED group, just registered and post on the forum?

It doesn't matter, as long as you register with the same e-mail address you used at Xisto - Support. The "Hosted" member group was important while the hosting account was connected to the Xisto forum. Now, while you still post at the forums for myCENTs, Xisto - Support is the main facility that controls everything, thus removing any control from Xisto and Xisto.

With a little effort you can purchase a domain using myCENT easier than ever. $999 myCENT equals $9.99 Account Credit Balance. How long does it takes you to earn $999 myCENT is up to you.

Thanks for answering my question. When you say this does that mean you need to raise an extra 999 MyCents every month? That could add up very quickly it seems. I mean that is not so outrageous itself, but add in a few new things like the basic services and soon it seems like you need to earn at least 1500 MyCents a month. Is the payment set up where you have a minimum payment time of 1 year with a monthly price (like bills) or is it just 999 MyCents per year (which would seem too good to be true)? 
I also have a question on the pricing for things. So I go to the "Order" tab and it says choose one. How do I know how much each costs without accidentally buying it? I'm just trying to bring up a few questions that I had. I am probably not the only one wondering these things.

thus removing any control from Xisto and Xisto.

I kind of liked my little hosted tag lol. This probably means your going to take away my red name also. Seems like it would help you tell who is a member or not in applications. This brings up something else. With this new system would you still need to activate new accounts or would it be instant (assuming the poster has enough MyCents)?
Overall I like the idea of a switch. It seems like a great idea and I really hope it lasts and doesn't end up being just a temporary thing because of people misusing it. Now this presents me with yet another problem that far too many people have. If only I had something worth putting online...

Thanks,
Sparkx

So I am good to go, and as I am going through the motions, I am also reading up on what to do next. And I really wasn't sure how my credits and posts would turn to myCents, but I think I am happy with how much converted over! So I think I still have some more reading to do on what can come from this new system. And once I realized that the turnover to cash can work with purchasing extra goodies from Xisto - Web Hosting. So good jobs and kudos for converting systems over and doing well at helping everyone that is interested to convert over.I hope to think of this as added motivation to really get into my posting more, and reap the benefits as it turns over and converts to cash!Thanks all and I plan to keep posting!- skedad -

Thanks for answering my question. When you say this does that mean you need to raise an extra 999 MyCents every month? That could add up very quickly it seems. I mean that is not so outrageous itself, but add in a few new things like the basic services and soon it seems like you need to earn at least 1500 MyCents a month. Is the payment set up where you have a minimum payment time of 1 year with a monthly price (like bills) or is it just 999 MyCents per year (which would seem too good to be true)? 
I also have a question on the pricing for things. So I go to the "Order" tab and it says choose one. How do I know how much each costs without accidentally buying it? I'm just trying to bring up a few questions that I had. I am probably not the only one wondering these things.

I kind of liked my little hosted tag lol. This probably means your going to take away my red name also. Seems like it would help you tell who is a member or not in applications. This brings up something else. With this new system would you still need to activate new accounts or would it be instant (assuming the poster has enough MyCents)?

Overall I like the idea of a switch. It seems like a great idea and I really hope it lasts and doesn't end up being just a temporary thing because of people misusing it. Now this presents me with yet another problem that far too many people have. If only I had something worth putting online...

Thanks,
Sparkx

The 999 myCents or 9.99$ deduction is anual not monthly, meaning you need to pay that amount once every year not every month.

Just to post a confirmation, since my post #87, all questions were answered correctly by other Xisto members. Thanks to those who filled in while I was away and thank you for contributing your opinions on our new credit system!Keep those questions flowing. It looks like the idea of myCENT is making sense to everyone.And I see that the new hosting plans using myCENT seems unfair--lack of few things from the old hosting plans. OpaQue is trying to come to the happy medium. He already changed new hosting prices since the launch of Credit System V3. I'm not sure if the current price will stay for good but for now OpaQue is still considering few changes.

I already started a hosting service at xisto, if prices go down, will i get some cents back? its nothin my pack is only 3.8$ but meh XD, getting mycents is sometimes annoying

I already started a hosting service at xisto, if prices go down, will i get some cents back? its nothin my pack is only 3.8$ but meh XD, getting mycents is sometimes annoying

Exactly as in real life, when you have a job, you work for earning money, and some of your money goes out for paying your paid hosting. Here you work posting in the forum, and the cents you earn pay your hosting.

1. When you say this does that mean you need to raise an extra 999 MyCents every month?2. I also have a question on the pricing for things. So I go to the "Order" tab and it says choose one. How do I know how much each costs without accidentally buying it? I'm just trying to bring up a few questions that I had. I am probably not the only one wondering these things.
3. This brings up something else. With this new system would you still need to activate new accounts or would it be instant (assuming the poster has enough MyCents)?
4. Overall I like the idea of a switch. It seems like a great idea and I really hope it lasts and doesn't end up being just a temporary thing because of people misusing it.
5. Now this presents me with yet another problem that far too many people have. If only I had something worth putting online...
Thanks,
Sparkx

To the first question- khalilov is right you only have to pay the 999 myCents for your domain name once a year.
To the second question- You can "test buy" things. What I mean by that is if you want to know what total would be if you bought this, this, and this, you would check those things off and go to the check out area. You will get to see the total without buying it. As long as you don't press the paypal, pay with credits button, or that other button below to the table that shows all the stuff you are going to buy, you won't buy it.
To the third question- The admins no longer needs to approve your request for hosting. This is now all in the hands of xisto. I heard it is not instant but quick. I think someone said it took about four hours for them to get it approved. Someone in the Xisto shoutbox said that so I'm not sure how accurate that is.
To the fourth thing- I hope we wouldn't be punished for others wrongs.
To the fifth thing- I can't help you with that lol.

And I see that the new hosting plans using myCENT seems unfair--lack of few things from the old hosting plans. OpaQue is trying to come to the happy medium. He already changed new hosting prices since the launch of Credit System V3. I'm not sure if the current price will stay for good but for now OpaQue is still considering few changes.

Would all these price changes be in our favor? Do you think there is a good enough chance of a price drop that I should wait a bit before I buy my hosting plan?
Thanks again BuffaloHELP for all your hard work you are doing to make Xisto an even better webhost.

3. This brings up something else. With this new system would you still need to activate new accounts or would it be instant (assuming the poster has enough MyCents)?

You still need to manually purchase a hosting account tailored to your choice--how many mb space, bandwidth, SQL, add-on etc and according to your currently Account Credit Balance earned. It is not instant creation since it's going through Billing and Support, the same Billing and Support as Xisto - Web Hosting. And there will be a 5 hour delay. This delay is the similar delay with other Xisto - Web Hosting purchases. And the delay is also the time to find out if a member just spammed through out the forum and submitted for free hosting account. While waiting for an activation, if a moderator moderates your posts you will not earn myCENT for that posting. And that would directly reflect on how much Account Credit Balance is deposited form Xisto forum to your Billing and Support account.

4. Overall I like the idea of a switch. It seems like a great idea and I really hope it lasts and doesn't end up being just a temporary thing because of people misusing it.

When Billing and Support staff finds that a member was abusing the forum and free web hosting account, the account is terminated immediately. So myCENT is here to stay. Only thing left is to improve, if there's any.

5. Now this presents me with yet another problem that far too many people have. If only I had something worth putting online...

You have two forums to earn myCENTs--Xisto and Xisto. Look through both forums and I'm sure you can find something to discuss. Otherwise please submit a suggestion of forum section to be created. Administrators will review and make adjustments.

Would all these price changes be in our favor? Do you think there is a good enough chance of a price drop that I should wait a bit before I buy my hosting plan?

Should you wait? Perhaps. If there's going to be changes it would be in the few months to come. Therefore, if you cannot wait much longer (and soon we all have to migrate to the new billing system because the current hosting account will not be tied to the new billing) you can start out by monthly billing. That way, if the price change for the better plan you have the option to renew it for another month or another year. And knowing OpaQue, the price will not change for the worse hosting plans. We will not accept it!

Sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining but:

In the first post by OpaQue it says you need to wait approximately 4-5 hours before your account gets linked and the myCents appear on the left sidebar, but I have already waited for approximately 22 hours and it has not changed at all [i remember on Xisto it activated in about 3 hours]. Should I just wait a bit longer or has something gone wrong? There shouldn't be though, since I received an email from Xisto confirming the activation.

In the first post by OpaQue it says you need to wait approximately 4-5 hours before your account gets linked and the myCents appear on the left sidebar, but I have already waited for approximately 22 hours and it has not changed at all [i remember on Xisto it activated in about 3 hours]. Should I just wait a bit longer or has something gone wrong? There shouldn't be though, since I received an email from Xisto confirming the activation.

Double check your email, if that isn't a problem submit a ticket =)

Posts: 4 - this is where the problem is :rolleyes: For the process to be started, you need to have made at least 5 posts at Xisto. Would I be right if I said that you have more than 5 posts at Xisto?

@pyost. Bingo. How could I have forgotten that? Thanks very much ^^.I've been participating for so long on Xisto that I had forgotten about the 5-post restriction rule. Thanks again. Saved me from getting a headache :rolleyes:.