xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System V3.0 Online Free Web Hosting, Domains, Dedicated IP, Digital Certificate, Managed

I'm having a few issues trying to get onto the new system. Some were to do with errors (my fault I think) trying to get my Xisto and Xisto accounts on same email...

Also... no clue on how to enable "credits" like I am supposed to. I signed up on October 19 as directed by a post by BuffaloHelp on this thread: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/96201-topic/?findpost=1064394680 ... but so far it looks like I'm still on credit system 2.0. There is no "myCENTs" appearing on my name despite having signed up.

Help, please?

From what I know this is all you have to do:

1. Go here: https://support.xisto.com/ and click register.

2. Sign up using the email that you are using here.

3. Wait 4-5 hours.

If you did all these steps maybe it's not working because you signed up to early.

I'm having a few issues trying to get onto the new system. Some were to do with errors (my fault I think) trying to get my Xisto and Xisto accounts on same email...

Also... no clue on how to enable "credits" like I am supposed to. I signed up on October 19 as directed by a post by BuffaloHelp on this thread: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/96201-topic/?findpost=1064394680 ... but so far it looks like I'm still on credit system 2.0. There is no "myCENTs" appearing on my name despite having signed up.

Help, please?

Well there are a few problematic accounts in concerns with myCents kicking in and so my question is did you change your emails before or after you signed up on the myCents? IF you change your email accounts after you signed up then you run into a problem of getting your myCents account frozen and so you have to let the admin know so they can find your account in the database to fix it. However, if that isn't the case then it is something else at which I can't think of if you followed the directions given for setting up the billing account.

So I would do this check the email account your using on Xisto, copy it, log into the billing support page, edit your profile details and paste the email in there and then save it. Now if you have a Xisto account go there edit your email account and paste the same email as your Xisto account and billing support. Once you do that do some posting and wait for it to kick in and if it hasn't kicked in yet bring it to the admin's attention and see what else could be the problem.

So do you mean by that that i don't need to submit my hosting package?

Also i think my credit count isn't decreasing, anyelse noticed? it might a mistake

No you need to still have to submit the hosting package you just have to make sure you have everything you need before you transfer over. So you have to go through your account and see how many MySQL databses your using, if any, Then you have to see if you parked any domains or added on any domains etc etc. Because if you just rush into getting the logic plan and not making sure you have everything you oculd run into website problems.

This is what I did with my plan since it is a very small site and ideal if your not using a lot of stuff:

Registration Date: 2008/10/23

Product/Service: Linux Regular Hosting - Logic Plan

Domain: saint-michael.trap17.com

DISK SPACE: 1000MB

BANDWIDTH (Transfer Limit per Month): 10000MB

E-Mail Soln. (Yearly Only): none

Web Builder/ CMS/ Gallery Pre-Setup.: none

MySQL Databases: 5 - $5.88 USD

SHELL ACCESS: No

Addon Domains: 1

Parked Domains: 1

Dedicated IP: No

Subdomains: 5

Setup Custom Nameserver: No

FTP Accounts: 1

JSP - Java Server Pages - Support: No

Frontpage Extension: No

Payment Method: PayPal

First Payment Amount: $15.83 USD

Recurring Amount: $15.83 USD

Next Due Date: 2009/10/23

Billing Cycle: Annually

Disk Space Usage: 15 MB

Disk Space Limit: 1000 MB (2% Used)

Bandwidth usage: 340 MB

Bandwidth Limit: 10000 MB (3% Used)

So if you don't have at least this in your hosting package then you won't get far if your using forums and blogs that require databases and what not.

From what I know this is all you have to do:

1. Go here: https://support.xisto.com/ and click register.

2. Sign up using the email that you are using here.

3. Wait 4-5 hours.

If you did all these steps maybe it's not working because you signed up to early.

That is how it is supposed to be done, but if your messing around with the account while still waiting for the myCent's to kick in you oculd cause some problems with your account.

Well there are a few problematic accounts in concerns with myCents kicking in and so my question is did you change your emails before or after you signed up on the myCents? IF you change your email accounts after you signed up then you run into a problem of getting your myCents account frozen and so you have to let the admin know so they can find your account in the database to fix it. However, if that isn't the case then it is something else at which I can't think of if you followed the directions given for setting up the billing account.
So I would do this check the email account your using on Xisto, copy it, log into the billing support page, edit your profile details and paste the email in there and then save it. Now if you have a Xisto account go there edit your email account and paste the same email as your Xisto account and billing support. Once you do that do some posting and wait for it to kick in and if it hasn't kicked in yet bring it to the admin's attention and see what else could be the problem.
No you need to still have to submit the hosting package you just have to make sure you have everything you need before you transfer over. So you have to go through your account and see how many MySQL databses your using, if any, Then you have to see if you parked any domains or added on any domains etc etc. Because if you just rush into getting the logic plan and not making sure you have everything you oculd run into website problems.

This is what I did with my plan since it is a very small site and ideal if your not using a lot of stuff:

So if you don't have at least this in your hosting package then you won't get far if your using forums and blogs that require databases and what not.
That is how it is supposed to be done, but if your messing around with the account while still waiting for the myCent's to kick in you oculd cause some problems with your account.

No i mean my site is working fine and with all Xisto options like 999 databases and 99 FTPs so why would i transfer O.o, whats the deadline to transfer and what happens if i miss it?

Right now there is no set date for last chance of updating your hosting through the new system and as for what happens if you don't, last I heard your hosting account gets delete since Xisto will no longer running the credit system or that hosting package.

Ah i get it, iam new to programing so i dont' know all the services iam using. My site is a simple text based game with some java script, will these be enough?

Linux Regular Hosting - Logic Plan (crystalwarz.astahost.com) Âť DISK SPACE: 1000 MB
Âť BANDWIDTH (Transfer Limit per Month): 10000MB
Âť E-Mail Soln. (Yearly Only): none
Âť Web Builder/ CMS/ Gallery Pre-Setup.: none
Âť MySQL Databases: 5 - $0.99 USD
Âť SHELL ACCESS: No
Âť Addon Domains: 1
Âť Parked Domains: 5
Âť Dedicated IP: No
Âť Subdomains: 5
Âť Setup Custom Nameserver: No
Âť FTP Accounts: 1
Âť JSP - Java Server Pages - Support: Yes
Âť Frontpage Extension: No

Also please notice than in PHPmyadmin there are two databases (i think), the one iam using and information_schema, if i choose 1 database only will one of them be deleted? or is the information_schema not considered a database, if it is can i delete it cuz iam not using it.

The price for databases, parked domains,FTPs... is it anual or monthly?
Whats FTP acounts and shellaccess?and could someone explain what are parked domains? i understand what a subdomain is.

Finally, can you transfer $ in the new system? because in this system we can transfer credits.

No i mean my site is working fine and with all Xisto options like 999 databases and 99 FTPs so why would i transfer O.o,

I know what you mean. We use to get all these features for free and now is seems like we have to post more to get less. I hope this is not true.

Right now there is no set date for last chance of updating your hosting through the new system and as for what happens if you don't, last I heard your hosting account gets delete since Xisto will no longer running the credit system or that hosting package.

So if I don't switch my website over soon they're going to delete it? I like the plan I'm using now but if I have to change what should I get for a site that has a smf forum and a cms because I'm not sure what that uses? I'm guess 2 datebases but what about the memory part? Does a forum take up a lot?

Ah i get it, iam new to programing so i dont' know all the services iam using. My site is a simple text based game with some java script, will these be enough?Also please notice than in PHPmyadmin there are two databases (i think), the one iam using and information_schema, if i choose 1 database only will one of them be deleted? or is the information_schema not considered a database, if it is can i delete it cuz iam not using it.

Whats FTP acounts and shellaccess?and could someone explain what are parked domains? i understand what a subdomain is.

Finally, can you transfer $ in the new system? because in this system we can transfer credits.

I have the same thing in my datebase right now, one for a smf forum and the other one is the information_schema, I didn't delete it because it looks important but I think by datebase they mean MySQL databases and information_schema is only found in phpmyadmin. Maybe I'm wrong because I'm new too but those are my thoughts.
Datebases, parked domains, ftps are all monthly. The only thing that I think is anual is the domain name. A ftp account is a account you use to upload stuff onto yoursite. A parked domain is a domain that when typed in automatically takes them to your site. I have no idea what shellaccess is and I'm not sure if our Xisto accounts had them before on credits v2. I would hope they would allow you to transfer credits because they said that xisto treats it as real money.
Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

I know what you mean. We use to get all these features for free and now is seems like we have to post more to get less. I hope this is not true.So if I don't switch my website over soon they're going to delete it? I like the plan I'm using now but if I have to change what should I get for a site that has a smf forum and a cms because I'm not sure what that uses? I'm guess 2 datebases but what about the memory part? Does a forum take up a lot?
I have the same thing in my datebase right now, one for a smf forum and the other one is the information_schema, I didn't delete it because it looks important but I think by datebase they mean MySQL databases and information_schema is only found in phpmyadmin. Maybe I'm wrong because I'm new too but those are my thoughts.
Datebases, parked domains, ftps are all monthly. The only thing that I think is anual is the domain name. A ftp account is a account you use to upload stuff onto yoursite. A parked domain is a domain that when typed in automatically takes them to your site. I have no idea what shellaccess is and I'm not sure if our Xisto accounts had them before on credits v2. I would hope they would allow you to transfer credits because they said that xisto treats it as real money.

Upload as in uploading scripts/pictures to my Cpanel or upload as in have a browse button for visitors to your site to upload whatever they want. Cuz if its the latter i don't need it atm

Thanks guys. Maybe the problem was that I originally signed up too early. This time I now have a "MyCENTs" value.

I'm a bit low on this new system though...

What is the difference between myCENTs and myEarnings?

Also, I have both Xisto and Xisto accounts. I only have a website on the Xisto one (I originally started the Xisto one when I had some teething issues trying to get Xisto registered). Until now, I have had to keep Xisto active (keep posting) because the hosting points would go down one each day. The Xisto was more relaxed though because without a site, the points were unused and "safe".

I'm assuming the new points get all mulched together now? And if so, why are MyCENTs different for each account? (They share the same email).

Do I have to post twice as much for the two, or does it only go down the amount for having one site?

Come to think of it, why is myCENTs different on what shows up next to any one post, what shows up on the front page, and then in what shows up for Xisto versus what shows up for Xisto?

myCENTs is kind of what you have in the wallet at the moment, and myEarning is your bank account ;) You get myCENTs when posting, which gets turned into myEarnings after you reach 100 cents (you get $1.00 for that).

I'm assuming the new points get all mulched together now? And if so, why are MyCENTs different for each account? (They share the same email).

Do I have to post twice as much for the two, or does it only go down the amount for having one site?

Come to think of it, why is myCENTs different on what shows up next to any one post, what shows up on the front page, and then in what shows up for Xisto versus what shows up for Xisto?

The new "points", myCENTs, are a replacement for credits, so the latter is of no importance whatsoever anymore. Feel free to ignore what is written on the front page - though I think credits still matter if you haven't switched to a Xisto - Support hosting plan.

Xisto and Xisto are, as you know, two different forums, and as such they have separate myCENTs systems. If you post here only myCENTs at Xisto will increase - the same goes for Xisto. However, if everything was registered with the same e-mail address, those cents will (when converted to dollars) will all go into you Xisto - Support account. So, if you acquire 200 myCENTS here and 100 at Xisto, you will end up with $3 on your account.

Upload as in uploading scripts/pictures to my Cpanel or upload as in have a browse button for visitors to your site to upload whatever they want. Cuz if its the latter i don't need it atm

Upload as in uploading scripts/pictures into your cpanel.

myCENTs is kind of what you have in the wallet at the moment, and myEarning is your bank account ;) You get myCENTs when posting, which gets turned into myEarnings after you reach 100 cents (you get $1.00 for that).The new "points", myCENTs, are a replacement for credits, so the latter is of no importance whatsoever anymore. Feel free to ignore what is written on the front page - though I think credits still matter if you haven't switched to a Xisto - Support hosting plan.

Xisto and Xisto are, as you know, two different forums, and as such they have separate myCENTs systems. If you post here only myCENTs at Xisto will increase - the same goes for Xisto. However, if everything was registered with the same e-mail address, those cents will (when converted to dollars) will all go into you Xisto - Support account. So, if you acquire 200 myCENTS here and 100 at Xisto, you will end up with $3 on your account.

Once you get to 100 myCENTs does it go back to 0 and then your MyEarnings go up one dollar? Is MyEarnings going to be the same on both Xisto and Xisto if you have 2 accounts with the same email adress? Or is the only place where both count Xisto - Support.com?

Once you get to 100 myCENTs does it go back to 0 and then your MyEarnings go up one dollar?

It will not be converted right away, just like it takes some time to get myCENTs after posting. But when the process does occur, your myCENTs will be deducted (-100) and you will get $1.

Is MyEarnings going to be the same on both Xisto and Xisto if you have 2 accounts with the same email adress? Or is the only place where both count Xisto - Support.com?

I think it is also forum-specific, but you will be able to find out as soon as you earn something at Xisto ;)

Ah i get it, iam new to programing so i dont' know all the services iam using. My site is a simple text based game with some java script, will these be enough?

Also please notice than in PHPmyadmin there are two databases (i think), the one iam using and information_schema, if i choose 1 database only will one of them be deleted? or is the information_schema not considered a database, if it is can i delete it cuz iam not using it.

You can choose month or annually but that depends on how much you post because on Xisto I can get about $2.$2.50 on a good day of posting there. Of course I be lucky if I get that there since I don't post that much on here, but if you can earn at least $2 in posting a day and depending on if you get a monthly or annually then you could make your payments within two weeks. As for what you need for your website, the basic 1GB disk space and 10GB will be plenty along with the 5 MySQL database option and since I don't know how your DB's are set up I am assuming its individual databases. As for the rest of the default options they come along with the default pricing and so if you look at the drop menu options you will see prices if you want to increase them. The FTP account is used to upload and download your files for your hosting account using FTP software such as FireFTP, SmartFTP and cuteFTP and for shell access is like a command prompt to the server to communicate with the server.

as for transferring money at this time there is no system to transfer money to other members, but I don't think that system will be put in place though.

I know what you mean. We use to get all these features for free and now is seems like we have to post more to get less. I hope this is not true.

So if I don't switch my website over soon they're going to delete it? I like the plan I'm using now but if I have to change what should I get for a site that has a smf forum and a cms because I'm not sure what that uses? I'm guess 2 datebases but what about the memory part? Does a forum take up a lot?

Well its not about posting more for less, more like your paying for services that usually never free anywhere else and on top of that your not really paying with real money so it still free just the system is different though. As for the deletion I still don't know when that will happen or if it will happen, but odds are for hosted accounts that haven't been touched in months and are well into the negative hosting credits will be deleted. As for the active account odds are that once the system is fully operationally I think you will have a week before your account gets suspended or terminated. the logic plan has everything you would need and if you look at my example your forum and cms would work with what you need along with disk and bandwidth. As for a forum it doesn't take up a lot of space at first but once you get into 500,000-1,000,000 posts then you would want to look into upgrading your account to something bigger.

Thanks guys. Maybe the problem was that I originally signed up too early. This time I now have a "MyCENTs" value.

I'm a bit low on this new system though...

Also, I have both Xisto and Xisto accounts. I only have a website on the Xisto one (I originally started the Xisto one when I had some teething issues trying to get Xisto registered). Until now, I have had to keep Xisto active (keep posting) because the hosting points would go down one each day. The Xisto was more relaxed though because without a site, the points were unused and "safe".

The difference between myCents and MyEarnings is that mycents is used to earn cents and then when you reach 100 cents it will be transferred into your account and your will earn $1 and that will be adding to the total myearnings you have made since you started the account.

to your first question, yes all earning you made on both forums will be combined and added to your account, of course you will be getting separate emails saying that your earnings have been transferred. The reason it is seperate is that your on two different website, I would assume that it could be possible to unite both forums under one script, but for now it will remain separately.

To your second question as far as I know you do not lose any mycents like you would in the hosting credits per day. Of course, in order to earn from both forums you have to post in both but you don't have to and you can just post in one forum that you know you can maximize your earnings from.

For your third question not to sure, but I don't think OpaQue made the my earnings private so I am not sure about that.

Upload as in uploading scripts/pictures into your cpanel.

Once you get to 100 myCENTs does it go back to 0 and then your MyEarnings go up one dollar? Is MyEarnings going to be the same on both Xisto and Xisto if you have 2 accounts with the same email adress? Or is the only place where both count Xisto - Support.com?

Yes it goes back to 0 if you have exactly 100 cents, however say like you have 115 cents, then it will only remove the 100 and keep what is left order in this case the 15 cents.

I have a few more questions to ask before I go ahead start using Xisto - Support to host my site.1. When you pick the Billing Cycle to be the 12 month price does that mean you pay the total right now and then not again until 12 months from then?2. My site is basically just a SMF forum and I was thinking about adding a CMS like Mambo. So what all do I need that is not in the basic Logic Plan? I think I need more than one MySQL database so I'll change that to 5 but thats all that I know a smf forum and mambo needs to operate. Is there anything else I should change/upgrade?3. What is ID Protection and why is it free?4. Is there any way to transfer credits using this version of the credit system like we could in the old credit system?Yeah I know I ask a lot of questions but any answers you could provide would be helpful. Thanks.

Question #1. YesQuestion #2 You can default the rest and keep it at 1Gb of hosting and 10gb and that will be plenty for what you need to start with until your forum and CMS start to eat up space then you might look into upgrading into my space and bandwidth.Question #3 Id protection is used to keep your personal info private if have a top level domain such as .com, .net, .org.Question #4. Right now no transfer system has been set up for this, but I have feeling though their will be no transfer or reward type system for version 3, however, there could be onre just have to find out and wait.