xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Xbox 360 looks good to me and Microsoft also got many good games too (Including Halo series, GTA etc)So they will get a good number of consumers who look for certain games.I know considering the Hardware PS3 is powerful than the XBOX 360.Microsoft has got the XBOX LIVE and such stuff right,they were also the first to enter the consumer markets among the next generation gaming consoles.The price difference between the Play Station 3 and XBOX 360 is also another factor that is a plus for Microsoft and XBOX sales.I also see a great potential to Nintendo Wii..personally I like the new features that was introduced in it, many non gamers will also buy such stuff. Another good reason is that it will probably the cheapest among the new generation gaming consoles.Thier product is simple and innovative in nature

Edited by knight17 (see edit history)

There has been talks among technology analysis that Sony is no longer a profitable company for stockholders.Furthermore, it has been rated the worst technology company in July, 2006 by PC World.I too, doubt the PS3.xboxrulz

Which one do you guys think is/will be the best? I'm banking on Wii. Why you ask? Because I feel that Nintendo stays true to gaming, and what makes games fun. Sure, graphics and features are nice, but it's a game console- not the be-all-and-end-all super device.With the 360, console flaws were apparent fromt he start with mass overheating of mostly all 1st edition consoles, although some of the games for 360 are actually very entertaining. With the PS3, first of all is the price. I honestly don't want to pay that load of money to get features I already have on other electronic devices in my house. It's big and bulky.All bias aside, I feel that Wii is the best choice (for me at least). It's innovative- it's doing something that hasn't been done before. True, the machine isn't as powerful as the 360 or PS3, but it's working as intended. The ability to obtain retro games also makes the target audience wider. One might say that most Nintendo games are "kiddy", but if rather play a "kiddy" game that keeps me entertained, instead of playing a bleeding-edge game with no substance at all. Not to mention facts that it actually gets you off your seat and "into" the game, as well as its the cheapest of all consoles. For me, it's the most promising. Discuss your opinions and vote on the poll :)

I'd say the xbox 360, i've always been a fan of the xbox because it was basically like a modified computer - it had an x86 processor, hard drive and everything. Also i've played a few games on one and they look impressive, i like the feature that you can have 4 controllers connected via wireless and you can dynamically change the player number you are and the player profile stored on the xbox that is common among all the games. I think the ps3 would be the main competitor against the xbox, yeah it is nice - good features good performance but the price is the main drawbackAs for the Wii i can honestly say i am not getting this, for some reason i think all nintendo products are 'kiddy' as you said above, the games feel boring but for people that like these sort of games the wii is a great improvement over past consoles.-HellFire

I believe that the PS3 will probably be the one to take 1st place over the next gen consoles that will be coming out. PS3 has so much features that the competition cant come to compete with on its factory release. Although PS3 will be making the budget a little high for consumers I believe it will take the gaming market because of its vast library of games that will feed gamers interests. From the many ariticles that I have read PS3 already stole some of the titles that were supposed to be on the X360 and even the Wii.It is only a matter of time when PS3 takes over like it did with the PS2. Although the XBOX 360 had a year head start its game library has yet to take interest to the gamer market. PS3 however is opening its launch with some key titles that will be around the corner, such as Devils may cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and the infamous serious that has been going on for decades Final Fantasy XIII.I personally will be waiting to see how each of the systems do in terms of sales and its assortment of gaming library. But I will at the same time wait for the price of the next gen consoles to go down before I make my purchase. I believe its better to wait it out a couple of years anyway because the first model launches always end up with the bugs and problems. Its because of the markets greed that the system launches so buggy, I would have rather they make the system fully intact and glitch free.But to further my point on the competition of the next gen consoles, XBOX 360 may lack some features that PS3 has, but it looks like they will be releasing external products to worth with the next gen console itself to contintue to compete with the PS3. This is indeed a clever marketing strategy because not only are they getting a head start in sales but they are making more money off the acessories that will be coming out for the system. Leaving PS3 consumers thinking if they should buy a 600 dollar system or not.Time will tell the fate of the next gen systems, I will wait and see...

I voted XBOX 360 because it's good in my point of view and that the XBOX Live! community is already established itself. However, it's not technically the best.Read my review that I posted in the Xisto forum to find out more.xboxrulz

I would probably say 360 but after its rocky start and high price I may get the PlayStation III. I like Nintendo, but well it had its time. Like atari it needs to have better graphics (even if I haven't played the Nintendo Wii yet). Im not expert on games systems and in 8 years the Nintendo 64 has been good enough for me. I would rank them for me as Xbox 360, PSIII, And NWII. Why? I have rated the previous game systems as follow:Subject ----- Best to worstGames: Xbox - Nintendo - PS Racing: PS - Nintendo - XboxWar: Xbox - PS - NintendoRPG: Nintendo - PS - XboxGraphics : Xbox - PS - NintendoErrors (starting with least errors): Nintendo, PS, XboxController: Xbox - Nintendo - PSOverall: Xbox - PS - NintendoNow you may (and probably do) disagree with me on these ratings but that's what I think. I have played all 3 (last generation not new) consoles at my friends house. I hoped you like my opinion~Sparkx~

I really like wii,,the controller makes my mouth wather. Nintendo has a history of creative gift. Playstation seems more like a very strong hose,,without the right reins..Xbox,,well the fact that is from microsoft, just deters me. I think everyone of us is fed up of microsoft...and xbox is like microsoft..I wonder if apple will bring a gaming console ? hummmm...well,,anyway,,,for me,,I would give the Wii two thumbs up..I ve read they are cheaper,,and are being sold more than PS3..

The wiis are being sold faster, probably because of the controller, than ps3s. I don't really like the xbox360 because I think it is just not fitting in a way. I like halo but I just dislike the controller layout. The wiis are more interactive (obviously) than the ps3 but I think the ps3 has more rpg games. (Biased in a way because i like rpg games) If I had a choice I would definitely chose either the wii or the ps3.

In my case I think it`s more a question of which one I`m getting first the Ps3 or the Wii. Getting "both" is my only option here actualy because of course I`m a playstation fan specialy for titels like Gran Turismo etc and the Wii is just such an innovation that I can`t let it just pass me by.So there you have it I choose both Wii and PS3.