xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ok heres the low down on the console vs the pcconsoles are just bunch marks in the growth of the pc, they always come out with a bench mark of that years averge gaming pc :D sure its cool but a year or two later consoles get out dated, but pc are always being updated so ur never "the best" stuff for u pc no matter hyow much u spend thats the only down side on owning a pc :D but if ur on a buget then the console is ur "ace in the hole" they are cheap (compaired to a pc the ps3's cost is nothing) reliable (becouse u dont have to worry about over heating ( but as we found in the xbox360 we do :P ) also u dont have to be computer smart to use it. so realy there is no differnce, it just matters on how ur buget is and how much of a geek u are, we all have a little geek in us. ;)

I'm wondering what the possibilities of the Playstation 3 can do once it comes out. It's rumored to be running on a linux based system, so shouldn't that allow for all sorts of things to happen and be enabled? I'm wondering if somehow the console can be used as like a normal computer, with something like Lindows or something of the sort running on it. If that's possible then plugging in something like a USB keyboard and mouse should make this one heck of a system. I'm already able to connect this computer to my widescreen TV, with the power of the PS3, I'll own >_<

I've mostly done pc games and a little Xbox Gaming and I find that the PC gaming is much richer and quite a bit of fun. I played the Xbox for a while and had a good time but I think that I still lean towards the PC being a better system, except for the area where you can have 4 people over and have a good gaming session. Which really can't be done on the pc unless you have a local lan.

Bit hard to tell when one of them isn't even out yet :)

Having an Xbox 360, I have to say the Playstation 3 will be better. Resistance: Fall of Man is going to be the major deciding factor, in my opinion. The game looks amazing... alot of people comment on the graphics, but I just have to disagree with them. The graphics look great, the weapons look fun, the game itself looks fun, 40 person online... what's not to like?

This is retarded, which is better.

GREEN OR BLUE? WHICH ONE IS THE BEST COLOR - EVER????

They don't do the same thing (as in, they don't play the same games that appeal to you or play [with the controllers] as you want them to). System specs - who gives a crap, it's how they're used.

"Oh yes; I want PS3 for x more megahurtzzzz!"

"my megahurtzz have been stoled!!!"

Oh well, the rambling aside, I'm a pc gamer for obvious gaming reasons (I do more, modifications, integrated programs, mouse and keyboard etc). Thus for console, I don't want to play the games I play on PC anyways. Thus nintendo. Thus Wii, stuff I can't do on my beloved PC. Console games of xbox and PS tend to be mostly "turn analog stick around and wield the big sword by spamming button A, autoaim included".

Although console is catching up a bit with multiplayer, it is still a nerfed version of pc game experience to me.

To others who prefer those autoaim games and play in their coach, sure. Although there are plenty of neat ergonomic chairs if the coach is the problem. I usually fall asleep/passive in coach anyways, this is more productive to me.

I also think PS3 is highly overpriced. But sure, those that want to spend the cash on it just to play gran turismo. Though there are other (even more neat to me) racing games and Final Fantasy franchise isnt a sole exclusivity anymore.

Have fun with the PS3 anyways. I reckon I'll have lots of fun with my upgraded PC and the Wii for when I feel like something else, or those awesome party games when people come over.

Posted Image

Truthfully, I'm getting sick of consoles! Everytime one comes out I spend so much money on it. Then you have to buy games which cost 50 or even 60 dollars each. Then of course there are accessories and memory to get as well. Then you want another controller and so on. This whole process can cost you houndreds of dollars. This year I'm sticking with PSP and my computer. The psp is the last console I will ever buy. I spent 300 on it and 250 on games, which I strongly regret! The computer on the other hand is nifty. It has built in memory, better graphics, and more features. Instead of wasting your money on the console, how about switching to the PC!

xbox 360..oh boy...don't waste your money.

Now, first, the 360 does NOT have three separate processors, it has a three-core, 3.2 GHz version of the IBM 970FX, which was a stupid idea in the first place, considering its problems with heat. (Haven't you noticed a lot of pissed off 360 customers with their systems overheating after 30-45 minutes?) Now, take this into consideration, as the Cell Processor has SIXTEEN cores on the chip, and runs much cooler than the 360's Xenon processor. And as far as the delivery of the PS3...Spring 2006. Not late 2006. Not 2007. The 360 is a flop in the making, and when the PS3 is released, the 360 will be pretty much forgotten. This scenario between the 360 and the PS3 sounds very similar to the demise of the Dreamcast. Except the dreamcast wasn't NEAR as problematic as the 360 is.

And to tell you the truth, I have no intention of buying a PS3 at all. I'm going with the new Nintendo system. This is going to be the system that rewrites the book.

And as far a the PC vs a console...the console is better. More comfortable to control, it's actually a real 64-bit system (the current x86-64 processors are NOT true 64-bit processors), and not to mention, consoles can't give you a BSOD ('m assuming the PC gamers are also running Windows, most likely). :)

O boy, here we go again:

Ok, let's take a look, I've had my XBOX 360 on for a good 6 hours, including gaming and music and movie playing straight. The thing never overheated. Of course the first few XBOXs had problems, all new hardware have problems because they weren't tested in real-life situations. After a couple of months, these problems were fixed. This is why I never buy the first few machines. I waited until June to buy them.

Also, it does have 3 processors, each "core" is a seperate processor, although on one die. Each of the cores are clocked at 3.2 GHz each sharing a 2MB cache on all of them. There are 3 970FX processors with VMX128 upgrade on it in one die. So instead of having a 32-64 pipes at a time processing, it uses 128 pipes.

Also, the PS3 doesn't have 16 cores, it has 7 SPEs (w/ 1 extra, as backup) and 1 PPE to control all of them. The SPE is its own RISC processor while the PPE is a PowerPC based controller. All in all, there are 9 "elements".

Posted Image

The image above explains the XBOX 360 triple-processor architecture.

Source: IBM's explanation of the XBOX 360 processors.

xboxrulz

Edited by xboxrulz (see edit history)