xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You're kind of right maybe because like so many consoled are going to come out in the future, constanlly, each better than the last. This means it's gonna be really hard to choose which one is the best for you. But I don't really think a computer is the right way to go. I mean, everyone nowaday's has got a computer but there's no point getting a computer just for games is there?! No, I think that you should try out these new consoles and then see what you want to do. That's just my opinion though...it's your decision! :)

A few years back I used to have a sega saturn lol, those were the days. Me and a few friends would just play a few multiplayer games, since there was noting much better to do. However nowadays there are many MMORPG (for those who do not know what that is its Multi Million Online Role Play Game, where you can just sit a home play with a whole load of people, including your friends at home.

Take world of warcraft for example, tonnes of different servers all highly populated where many people can meet play and enjoy them selves, allwithout having to buy a console for maybe around a few hundred pounds. The latest PSP at the current moment is just less than two hundred pounds i think, thats without the cost of having to buy a few games to play with it. However the manufacturing companies of the smaller consoles such as the gameboy and the ds have made it so you cant play multiplayer unless you have 2 or more of their consoles, more money for them and more profit. However if you own a larger console IE xbox ps2 ect then you can just plug in a few controllers and play.

But me i still prefer to play on the pc, much better graphics better processing speed ect, but you can still connect with your friends without them having to buy the console, as nearly all homes in the country nowadays have a computer

I know what you mean about when the first consoles came out. I remember the first time I played Duck Hunt on the Nintendo; man I was amazed at the graphics and the way it played. It does seem as though computers and consoles are pretty much the same now. I'm really excited to see exactly what these 2 new consoles will actually do after all the hype of E3. I saw both the demos of the Xbox360 and the PS3 and they both look good. I think Microsoft kinda shot themselves in the foot a bit by showing their games without perfecting the graphics first. Especially when Sony used that to their advantage by showing game renditions instead of actual game play on their games. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see what they actually look like when they come out later this year and the beginning of next year.

Eh, I don't like how Microsoft presented themselves. PS and Nintendo presented themselves almost flawlessly (Although Nintnedo is being really secritive lately) Dark Warrior, the Nintendo DS has Online WyFi capabilitys, that are going to be used next month in the releace of 2 games called Mario Cart DS, And Animal-Crossing DS. And MMORPGs (Unless you were just critisizing them) Means 'Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game' Not Multi Million. :)

lol i think dreamcast is by far the worst console ever made! the controller is crap, it has a huge hole in it thats not there for anything! and the game play and the game disks suck! titles sucks everything sucks about it! genesis was good but Sega made a wrong move with dreamcast as for the revolution..The latest Nintendo Revolution rumor to hit the web is a doozie… “Nintendo may be aiming for a $99 launch price.” Yeah, it’s a dirty rumor, but could it be done? Doing so would put the Revolution in a league of its own, practically excusing it from the next-gen battle—it simply wouldn’t be competing with the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 if it were wearing a $99 price tag.We’re likely going to see a lot of these rumors popping up in the coming months. Some suggest that rumors like this might be motivated by a desire to discourage prospective Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 buyers. Needless to say, we should take this rumor—and the ones to follow—with a grain of salt.It’s also important to remember that Nintendo doesn’t sell its consoles at a loss. If a $99 Revolution is a real possibility, we can expect the system to be only a fraction as powerful as the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360.and som leaked specsThe brains of the console are rumored to be a single dual-threaded IBM "custom" PowerPC 2.5 GHz CPU, with 256 KB L1 cache and 1 MB of L2 cache (L3 cache is rumored). The system will also sport a Physical Processing Chip (PPU) with 32MB of dedicated RAM, while the CPU itself will saddled up next to 512MB of system RAM. The custom ATI GPU solution is rumored to consist of a RN520 600MHz core, backed with 256MB of RAM and "32 parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines." The release date is predicted to be mid 2006 while xbox360 releases in november on the 22nd and ps3 is being released supposably in march so i think xbox360 will gain the market since they released first, and it just doesnt look to pormicing for nintendo revolution, but they spend more time developing nintendo (its obviously better) making the direct download system better and faster alowing you to play any game ever made for nintendo :) xbox360 is turning into a pc for noobs in my opinion because with msn integration, microsoft is trying to making xbox the new pc and xbox360 game play sounds excellent while ps3 graphics are amazing! its really hard to pick between the 3 but pc definetly over rules all of them by far :) there is no comparison

So far you can't know the true specs of the Nintendo Revolution, Like the GC the console is not only incredibly small but it will more than likely be able to do as good (performance wise) as the other consoles. Nintendo has had a habit since the Super Nintendo, to price their machiene at $99.99 (Ultimatly $101 bucks) And looking at The Nintendo Game Cube, (The console that everyone said coulden't possibly have a game any where near what the other two systems have done) Completely WIPED out the compition when Resident Evil 4 was releaced for Only the GC. The graphics on it were better than any of the other consoles have made.I'm sure Nintendo will have somthing up their sleves to make their system customisable, make their awkward controllers (with the 'Gyration' technology) have a good setup. (I think that the controllers are awsome). They always have pulled up to any challange they were given. Their hand held consoles have been top notch for LONG while and even made a couple consoles go bankrupt (Sega).

Can't wait to see what ps3 has in store. I think xbox's quick release is just a way to gain some revenue from their loss when ps2 was out a year or 2 before xbox 1 was released. They're probably starting on another xbox system and pump it out within the next year..lol. That one would be the one to actually beat the ps3 setup, while the 360 would just compete. Nintendo just needs some more good titles.

The 3rd-Geneneration consoles, for me, are useless. For those who prefer computer gaming, our third-generation has been around since the 2.6GHz processor, 1Gb of memory and 512Mb Graphics (800MHz) cam out. Plus the computer allows for mods to made for the games.I personally believe that the third-generation will not be a failure, as they could be classed as high-end computers, and at the saying price of anything between £200-£300, in most cases, it will be cheaper.There is no doubt in my mind, that the games launched for PS3, XBOX 360 and Game Revolution will be limited to those consoles, and not released as widely for the PC.

nintendo has been around since before the original playstation was released! and they are still here, they made a mistake with the came cube with the small disks couldnt hold alot of data therefore limiting game titles but revolution has amazing release titles like the new smash bros, metroid prime. plus the ability to download all its titles from before consoles, dk64, zelda series, resident evil. and the new slim look the prototype has is bigger then the release console the controller is amazing! putting the control into your arm (to swing a sword you swing your arm, shoot a gun you point and pull the b button [located on the back of the controller(remote)]) and xbox 360 releasing in 10 days is definetly going to get them ahead in the market but the anticipation nintendo is building up? its amazing, they have bairly told us anything! no1 is sure on release date, release price, release titles, specs, they just released thier new controller 2-3 months ago, and they still go by codename nintendo revolutionmost people know everything they need to know about ps3 its got a new slick look excellent specs but its big and clunky, nothing like ps2. and xbox 360 being a bit bigger then the gamecube but in a sphere, makes it something to look forward too

Sorry my quote function isn't working. but To Plot: "nintendo has been around since before the original playstation was released! and they are still here, they made a mistake with the came cube with the small disks couldnt hold alot of data therefore limiting game titles but revolution has amazing release titles like the new smash bros, metroid prime. plus the ability to download all its titles from before consoles, dk64, zelda series, resident evil. and the new slim look the prototype has is bigger then the release console the controller is amazing! putting the control into your arm (to swing a sword you swing your arm, shoot a gun you point and pull the b button [located on the back of the controller(remote)]) and xbox 360 releasing in 10 days is definetly going to get them ahead in the market but the anticipation nintendo is building up? its amazing, they have bairly told us anything! no1 is sure on release date, release price, release titles, specs, they just released thier new controller 2-3 months ago, and they still go by codename nintendo revolution"1 The original Code-Name for Revolution was 101 mario (Also the name for its Tech demo) 2. The release for the GC wasn't a hudge flop like you are saying. For the cd's could hold more than most of the ps2 games. (Resident Evil 4 only came out on GC becuse the cds were cheaper and they could hold more)3. The controllers do look AWSOME with the extra hookups that they are going to have which will give it a 'nunchacku' like look. Which is why they call it the Nintendo-Nunchaku. This Wireless controller style is The top has a Big A buttion and a Small B buttion (Along with some others. The bottom (where your index finger will most likely be at) is Z1, and way at the top there is a Dpad (Which will make it easy to move and press a/;). And in the other hand there will separate hookups (A joystick, a pistol, What ever they can think of, and since they are Nintendo. You know it will be a good/unique idea) And on the part of the controller (Which will most likely come as a joystick standard) will have the Z2 button on your other trigger finger. And that is all that I have heard and seen at the Tokyo GameShow 05. (which is where they unvieled the controller, and some of the graphics)Over all, out of all the Next-gen consoles I think I will decide to get the Revolution. The xbox 360, Hasn't improved alot. They made it 'Customizable' and made it like the dreamcast (Too early, they should work more on it and improve the graphics). While the PS3 Already seems like they could releace it. If you have heard of the specs, the 'brains' It would almost make you have a heart attack. Although I still would rathur get the Revolution.P.S The Nintendo-Revolution was Code-Named (as explained before) 101 mario. Isn't that kind of suspicious? The price of the last 3 Nintendo consoles started out at 99.99. With taxes it totals to $101, Was this planned?

Testing

The graphics were not bad on the 360, and I was quite impressed. The PS3 results, I have not seen yet and expect it just to be a slight improvement on performance from the PS2 (with the added features). GameRevolution: as far as I am aware, there have been no OFFICIAL spoilers of what anything looks like except the actual console, as for this new controller, it sounds large and cumberson, I wonder how well that will go down with gaming fans.

I actually liked the Nintendo GameCube, and believe it or not, 4" CD media can hold more than you think. If you read the articles given and the technical information, they can hold anything (depending on manufacturer) up to 4Gb of data storage. I have used several of these disks (for burning music and such) and they are quite neat. They work in any player/disk drive and for me, are much better than their larger 8" counter-part.

It is either the 360 or PS3 that comes out 3 hours after the other one, which is slightly conning of the one that gets released last, because even a short gap like that, puts some question into peoples mind's about performance and system specs.

Which is another reason why the Revolution is going to be in a league of its' own it will still be in the next-gen console war. But the main fact is they are going to releace it later than the other consoles, so they can get ideas, get the specs of the other machienes, install better performance hardware, and ultimatly kill their competitors.Plus it is only $101Does anyone think that project name and how much it costs is at all strange?If you want I can post some Ps3 Game picrues.

I think Nintendo are deploying something that only I thought I had thought of. Each console will cost them very little money. If you then charge the public very little, the profit margin will not be small but not big. However, with such a technology, and at such a low price, millions will be sold.

Something that hasn't been discussed, except for Nintendo's system: Cost.

This is a huge factor when talking about PC vs 360 vs PS3 vs Reveolution.

The problem with PCs is that to get graphics as good as th 360, you have to buy a 2-300 processor, 1-200 in memory, 2-300 videocard, etc. The great things about consoles is that they deliver bleeding-edge-like graphics at a price affordable enough for most consumers.

I can't play Battlefield 2 or Call of Duty 2. I can barely play Age of Empires 3 with lowest settings one everything, and at that point, it kind of sucks when it still moves slowly.

To play those games, I'd have to make some expensive upgrades to my computer. Or I can go buy the 360, for 400 dollars in its strongest configuration and get very comparable graphics. This, along with titles only made for consoles, has always been the main selling point behind consoles.

360 has awesome graphics, and its hitting the market as the first of the three next-generation consoles. This is going to be a huge leg up on the market share. Remeber when dreamcast came out way before anyone else? It sold like hotcakes. Of course, it also had a much bigger lead on its competion, than the 360 will have.

Something that seems like most of you don't understand: Pricepoint for consoles is not where Sony, Microsoft, and Gamecube make their money. Not even close. Microsoft took a hit on the xbox when it launched, and sony took a hit on the recent PSPs. Stores were making 8 bucks on a system.

No, software is where the money is made. You push the console, and even take a hit, because once that system is sitting in the consumer's home, then they're buying all the games. All the GTAs, Gran Turismos, Metal Gear Solids, Halos, etc. All the killer apps are where the money is made.

For those arguing over who won the second generation console war, and I see you Killer, trying to say the gamecube didn't do that bad, if you look at the number of consoles sold over the life of the generation (24m for PS2, 9.3m for Microsoft, and 7.6 for gamecube, launch of each through July2004 per NPD Group), Sony is Nintendo and Microsoft's daddy. Yeah Xbox had Halo and GC had a late-in-the-life RE4 exclusive, but those are like putting a bandaid on a hemorrhage.

and now to clear up misnomers spoken in this thread:

...ps3 and xbox 360 are definetly a big step forward im justsurprised they released them so soon after xbox and ps2

1064326732[/snapback]

4-5 years is a long time between consoles

The PS3 results, I have not seen yet and expect it just to be a slight improvement on performance from the PS2 (with the added features).

It is either the 360 or PS3 that comes out 3 hours after the other one, which is slightly conning of the one that gets released last, because even a short gap like that, puts some question into peoples mind's about performance and system specs.

1064328372[/snapback]

Did you pull that expectation out of you nether-region? Have you seen the cell processor's specs? You obviously haven't read any reliable sources regarding concerning the new generation of consoles. There are not consoles launching within 3 hours of each other.

To get some ideas, here's the known specs for the ps3

[quote name='http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ name: PlayStation 3

Logo: PLAYSTATION®3

CPU

Cell Processor

PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz

1 VMX vector unit per core

512KB L2 cache

7 x SPE @3.2GHz

7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs

7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE

* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy

total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

GPU

RSX @550MHz

1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance

Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels

Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

Sound

Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell- base processing)

Memory

256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHz

System Bandwidth

Main RAM 25.6GB/s

VRAM 22.4GB/s

RSX 20GB/s (write) + 15GB/s (read)

SB< 2.5GB/s (write) + 2.5GB/s (read)

System Floating Point Performance

2 TFLOPS

Storage

Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1

I/O

USB Front x 4, Rear x 2 (USB2.0)

Memory Stick standard/Duo, PRO x 1

SD standard/mini x 1

CompactFlash (Type I, II) x 1

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) x 3 (input x 1 + output x 2)

Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g

Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR)

Controller

Bluetooth (up to 7)

USB 2.0 (wired)

Wi-Fi (PSP)

Network (over IP)

AV Output

Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

HDMI: HDMI out x 2

Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

Disc Media

CD PlayStation CD-ROM, PlayStation 2 CD-ROM, CD-DA, CD-DA (ROM), CD-R, CD-RW, SACD, SACD Hybrid (CD layer), SACD HD, DualDisc, DualDisc (audio side), DualDisc (DVD side)

DVD: PlayStation 2 DVD-ROM, PlayStation 3 DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW

Blu-ray Disc: PlayStation 3 BD-ROM, BD-Video, BD-ROM, BD-R, BD-RE

[quote name='http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ IBM PowerPC-based CPU

• Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each

• Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total

• VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total

• 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread

• 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

• 9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

• 500MHz processor

• 10 MB of embedded DRAM

• 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines

• Unified shader architecture

Polygon Performance

• 500 million triangles per second

Pixel Fill Rate

• 16 gigasamples per second fill rate using 4x MSAA

Shader Performance

• 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory

• 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM

• 700 MHz of DDR

• Unified memory architecture

Memory Bandwidth • 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

• 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM

• 21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance

• 1 teraflop

Storage

• Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive

• 12x dual-layer DVD-ROM

• Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

I/O

• Support for up to four wireless game controllers

• Three USB 2.0 ports

• Two memory unit slots

Optimized for Online

• Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features with broadband service, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, gamer profile for digital identity, and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies or listening to music

• Built-in Ethernet port

• Wi-Fi ready: 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g

• Video camera ready

Digital Media Support

• Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD

• Ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras and Windows XP-based PCs

• Ability to rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive • Custom playlists in every game

• Built-in Media Center Extender for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

• Interactive, full-screen 3-D visualizers

High-Definition Game Support

• All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing

• Standard-definition and high-definition video output supported

Audio

• Multichannel surround sound output

• Supports 48KHz 16-bit audio

• 320 independent decompression channels

• 32-bit audio processing

• Over 256 audio channels

System Orientation

• Stands vertically or horizontally

Customizable Face Plates

• Interchangeable to personalize the console

Winners

Processing: PS3 (PS3's 7 3.2Ghz PPC cores to XB360's 3)

Memory: XB360 (XB360's 512 GDDR + 700 DDR ram to PS3's 256 XDR + 256 GDDR)

Grapics: PS3, by a hair (PS3's 550Mhz GPU to XB360's 500mhz)

The good news for me is that it looks like the launch is so far apart, I'll be able to save up to get both.