xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the first time I think I might give up on consoles. I'm wondering if the new consoles will really be all that great. I'm not buying the hype. Think it will really be all that great? I remember before when consoles used to be state of the art. They always used to seem so amazing and cool. Remember the Super Nintendo days? These days they are starting to seem like mini custom computers. It sucks. I would rather get a computer with better performance than the console. I know you probably can't compete with their processing power but the loading and graphics can definitely be better. I think the day of the console might be dead for me...

My first console was a NES, the version before the SNES, I had doctor Mario for it, it was tetris but with coloured pills instead lol but what you were saying about using a PC instead of a games console, if that's what you're interested in doing then you have to get an alienware pc. They're designed for gaming and the graphics quality and speed is amazing. I especially love the extra widescreen monitors you can get that are curved around you so it feels like you're in the game. If you wanted to you can even get a wireless attachment so you can use the xbox360 controllers and wireless headsets on your pc.

My favourite console though has to be the wii. I bought Medal of Honour: Heroes 2 and the full interaction of the environment with the controller was great. Very difficult to get used to in the beginning, I was always taking bodyshots instead of headshots which was a mistake. The maps were well designed too and the gameplay was excellent, but as always you would always get someone who would go around and kill his own teammates which really messed with your overall kill rating.

I finally mastered the sniper rifle and shotgun and worked my way up on the scoreboard from rank 33,000 to 64 then had to stop playing after my son was born lol

I love other wii games too just for the physical side of the gameplay, like need for speed carbon. That was great, you would tilt the handset up and down for acceleration and reverse and use the nunchuk to stear by tilting it left and right. You could rotate the camera with the analogue stick and nitro on the little button. Resident evil 4, yet another great game to play on the wii.

I think if they put more tech. in to the graphics and memory of the console then it could be greatly improved and have some AMAZING games released for it.

I like the PS3 the best. I think that the experience for online gameplay is much better than the X-Box and the Wii. The FPS Shooters for the Wii are crap. The reason I probably like the PS3 more than the X-BOX is probably because I started playing the Play Station 1 way before the X-Box came out and I had more experience with the controllers. I also like the Play Station 3 Operating System. It has a nice General User Interface.

Wiis are great for customization you can tinker your Wii to run Linux! And use it as web server if you wanted! They are also very green (extremely low power consumption). But the graphics and computing capability is greatly limited.As far as I know xbox has the red light problem which could be annoying.PS3 is a monster in terms of computing capacity. The games are in hi-def. PS3 works great streaming media from your computer directly to your tv and your sound system. Furthermore, you can even install Linux into PS3. Sadly, sony force you to update and remove this feature from PS3 (April , 2010).

I think in all fairness, although the Xbox and PS3 are considerably more powerful than the Wii (with its 512MB RAM =D) you have to agree that in terms of sales and popularity, not just to gamers but to everyone, purely on sales and popularity here, because like I said the Wii has terrible hardware specs :)