xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My five cents (I only had a nickel; I'll need three cents back!):Here's the thing; while PCs are much broader tools and are rather customizable, the consoles have only one purpose; one subject - for games. And, the fact of the matter is, the consoles, being game-oriented, are much easier to control the games - playing-wise, at least.Nonetheless, I'd have to say that I would rather get a PC, probably with a good sound card and a good video card, and online capabilities - default.What's after Xbox 360, you have to wonder? Xbox 360 2 (squared) - :)!

First, some clarification. The PS2 is a 64-bit system. the Nintendo GC is a 64-bit system. The Xbox is a 32-bit system. All the new systems being released are 64-bit systems. Now, let's go on...The Xbox 360 may have all the hullabaloo going on, but that will shortly die. I'm hearing about how people are going "ooh wireless controllers on the 360" and blah, but really, who isn't coming out with wireless controllers? Only difference is, it's standard on all the new systems coming out, except the 360. You must either buy the "full xbox 360" for ridiculously more than the dummied-down coresystem that most people will get. Besides, most people are just going to get the coresystem, and not the "full xbox 360" and they will be a bit disappointed to see that this time, the hard drive isn't included. There are controllers with wires in the box! You won't be able to play your regular Xbox games without add-on components! Not to mention that the 360 doesn't have the power under the hood that the PS3 will have, I don't think the xbox is going to do so well..sounds a lot to me like the Sega Dreamcast...it has the holiday hype, but what's going to happen when Sony releases their more powerful console, with the better features INCLUDED? The same thing that happened to the Dreamcast. Everyone completely forgot about it, even Sega, even though it has pretty advanced features for the time. Now as far as PS3 is concerned, It's a more powerful system than the 360, and typically, Sony does get much better games for their systems that Microsoft has, but really, I think the best system would be the new Nintendo. How many people are already addicted to the classic library of Nintendo games? Not to mention, Nintendo has done a LOT more with their system than the others have. Others have just added horsepower and storage, for the most part, while here is Nintendo, coming through with motion-sensitive controllers and other technologies that the other's didn't even dream of during development. When in-store demos start showing up, the Nintendo system will be the one making everyone ooh and ahh just like the very advanced (at the time) Nintendo 64 did when everyone was dropping there jaws just hearing Mario speak, and jumping down three-dimensional green pipes..Anyone can throw more power into a system, but only Nintendo has the magic to make their systems really do what no others have done. Nintendo is far from dead. Nobody else can do what they do for video games.As for the PC...dime-a-dozen, specifications will vary between systems, keyboard and mouse doesn't give you anywhere NEAR the control of a fine analog controller, or Nintendo's motion-sensing controllers. :) Nintendo always has had the most comfortable controllers...Now, me, if I get any new system, it will be the Nintendo. It pains me to say that in a way, because in the early 90's, during the great holy wars between SNES and Genesis users....I was a Sega kid. Video games just lost my interest after Sega quit making consoles, but a Nintendo that can play all the NES games and SNES games??? I won't even buy the new games if I don't like them. It would be nice to find all my Sega games on one too, but I don't see that happening.

Innovation-wise, the Revolution wins, without question, as it's the only one willing to take a chance and do something new - more than adding more HD-space, graphics processors, and more CPUs - but a totally new interface, really.I've never been one to go for graphics - I have a computer for that. I play console games for gameplay, and the Revolution appears to be the one that'll deliver what's desired, so to speak.So far, it seems like the 360's running purely on hype. When you get down to it, there's not much beneath the sleek shape and reputation from Halo. The PS3 hasn't arrived yet, but it also seems to be little more than a PS2 with a bit more power and multimedia capabilities. It'll survive from its loyal fanbase - especially in Japan - and from its gigantic library, not to mention its popularity. The Revolution almost seems underdog-ish, with its smaller - though still loyal - fanbase and a nice big crowd of dissenters who somehow frown upon change. Nintendo's quality of games has proven to be very high throughout its past, and I do believe that its surviving franchises - what with its Mario, Metroid, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Pokemon, and whatnot - will pull the Revolution through. It's really a shame, though, that so many people cannot see past the the veil of hype and purchase based on quality and innovation.

@ akijikan: The PS3 specs are not finalized and is mere speculation based on the only prototype made. This PS3 business is still more an idea than a working machine. You have also forgot about the embedded D-RAM... So what, that the NVIDIA RSX chip runs @ 550MHZ with NO CACHE WHATSOEVER. It's still slow compared to the XBOX 360's ATI chip that has a 10MB cache, NEVER HEARD OF IN THE COMPUTING INDUSTRY. 10MB IS ALREADY A LOT. Plus, which one is better? Having 3 seperate processor doing a great job? (one for AI, one for graphics, one for general processing) or 1 processor that does everything. Remember, the more processing a processor does, drags down performance. Which is really bad.So you might ask, 2 Teraflops versus 1 Teraflops. Ok, let me explain, but first please re-read what my last couple sentences of the 1st paragraph. So what if you're 1 Teraflops faster? You are only 1 teraflop faster on 1 CPU. When you measure teraflops, you measure each processor. So, if XBOX360 has 3 processors than that would be 3 teraflops over PS3's 1 processor 2 teraflop.Also for eager PS3 fans you can't get a new PS system until late 2006-early 2007 as they haven't got one that is "working". Plus, they still got tonnes of testing to do before saying that the CELL processor is done. It's kind of still experimental.xboxrulz

About which product is best i think all are amazing in their own right but i do think the PC is best. This is because it can carry on growing it can be upgradded contastly to new heights and extremes! :)

wow this topic is still alive?! well i think most people would know that the pc is the best because there isnt a limit since the pc is always going obsolete and once you buy your computer the store puts a better one on the shelf so pc will always rule over consoles no matter wayand i was amazed when i heard the xbox360 sold out the day they released, some people who reserved it didnt even get it...stupid microsoft only met half thier quota on systems available for release..

i dont know how the 360 is gonna do, the revolution looks fun and ps3 seems promising......

1064326752[/snapback]

From what my one friend has shown me, Xbox 360 is better than PS3. I'm not a big fan of Microsoft and I wasn't a big fan of the Xbox, but I really like Xbox 360 over the PS3 (not just only in price, but in preformance). The only thing I'm not sure about is the Nitendo Revolution.

[N]F

I'm with Playstation 3 of course! I know it'll be in head of the other runners. It'll be the most powerful (and expensive) console system; one system to rule them all. I can't wait for so much games like the new Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, oh man I can't wait. I wouldn't be suprised if I was to go in front of the line as the first to get my Playstation 3 at Best Buy. Can't WAIT !!

I'd have to say the PC is always the best! To upgrade all you have to do is by certain parts such as a new graphics card, instead of a completely new system which might have glitches. I've always loved computer games over console. But I know some people will always love their console games.... But I think that when the PS3 does come out, I will pick one of those up, because I enjoy many of the RPGs that the Sony systems come out with.

Ofcourse the computer, with a computer you can play all the games you want (with emulators).The ONLY thing that isn't good about it, is that you MUST have a fast computer. Otherwise you can't play the games for consoles. Thats my opinion, no i dont do it :)Consoles are only nice with there controllers, if you know them well. Thats my opinion about this topic :huh:Mark

xbox 360..oh boy...don't waste your money.Now, first, the 360 does NOT have three separate processors, it has a three-core, 3.2 GHz version of the IBM 970FX, which was a stupid idea in the first place, considering its problems with heat. (Haven't you noticed a lot of pissed off 360 customers with their systems overheating after 30-45 minutes?) Now, take this into consideration, as the Cell Processor has SIXTEEN cores on the chip, and runs much cooler than the 360's Xenon processor. And as far as the delivery of the PS3...Spring 2006. Not late 2006. Not 2007. The 360 is a flop in the making, and when the PS3 is released, the 360 will be pretty much forgotten. This scenario between the 360 and the PS3 sounds very similar to the demise of the Dreamcast. Except the dreamcast wasn't NEAR as problematic as the 360 is.And to tell you the truth, I have no intention of buying a PS3 at all. I'm going with the new Nintendo system. This is going to be the system that rewrites the book.And as far a the PC vs a console...the console is better. More comfortable to control, it's actually a real 64-bit system (the current x86-64 processors are NOT true 64-bit processors), and not to mention, consoles can't give you a BSOD ('m assuming the PC gamers are also running Windows, most likely). :huh:

I gave up on consoles when i realised i have a mind and i should use it.it wasted loads of my timethen the foloowing week i got a job in macdonalds lolnah i still play em but like every saturday,