xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

okay you get more bang for your buck upgrading your pc then buying an xbox360, mostly because all the titles that are our on consoles are mostly out on pc (cod 2, rs4, madden06) and they are much easier to play on pc with the mouse but on to what your talking about, gfx, buying an xbox360 limits you to 1 gfx card, you can upgrade the xbox360 (at least i dont believe you can) but you can upgrade your pc when ever you need it, it may cost money to upgrade it but once better games like if cod3 comes out you could play it on the same pc, but it probably wont come out on xbox360 (maybe if microsoft comes out with another console with upgraded hardware) but again you have to buy another console insted of just another vid card and im using a a ATI radeon 6300 pro which isnt to good but its still good for cod2 bf2 aoe3im not sure i hit your point but let me know

I am going to do continue to do what I am doing now: For my computer I use an iBook. (Although I might get a Powerbook when the Mactels are released next year). Why? For my email and stuff, the iBook works, it is affordable, lasts about 3 - 4 years before it is time to upgrade, $120 half way through that cycle for a new battery, it is mobile and with the spread of WiFi, I can use it on the road to surf the net or if I just want to get out of my office or house for a couple hours and get a cup of coffee and do work. It is for work and internet/email use. It is for productivity, not entertainment, and it works extremely well for that task. My current generation of Mac towers will probably be my last. Now for games, I bought the PS-2 mini when it came out. I am going to stick with it until no more titles are released and the prices of the next gen consoles come down in a year or two. I don't buy games usually until they are in the $20 value bin either. I am going to wait and see what titles are available when I go to buy my next console. The one with the better titles that I like will get my money. Clear and simple. Sometimes my friend and I will exchange consoles (he has an X-box) for a month or two at a time so that he can play SOCOM and I get to play Halo and KOTOR.

For the first time I think I might give up on consoles.  I'm wondering if the new consoles will really be all that great.  I'm not buying the hype.  Think it will really be all that great?  I remember before when consoles used to be state of the art.  They always used to seem so amazing and cool.  Remember the Super Nintendo days?  These days they are starting to seem like mini custom computers.  It sucks.  I would rather get a computer with better performance than the console.  I know you probably can't compete with their processing power but the loading and graphics can definitely be better.  I think the day of the console might be dead for me...

1064326662[/snapback]

I agree. From now on I am sticking to computers. There is virtually no good games that come out for the consoles that aren't eventually ported to computers, legally or illegally, and there are a plethora of good games that only come out for pc, including MMORPGs, which happen to be my favorite. Of course, you can play some mmo's on consoles, but there's no point. You have to buy a bunch of extra equipment (keyboard, mouse, headset, etc.) and it's just a totally different experience.

I hate to say it, but Nintendo and Sony are just out of their league these days. Of course, people will still buy the consoles, probably more than ever. But as for me, I'm dropping out of the expensive and somewhat pointless console rat race.

I'll probably go with a 360, but not sure. The thing I love about consoles is they're sorta social things. It's a rare occasion that I sit down and play a game all by myself for any "long" period of time. It's always with my friends or brothers, a competetive game of hockey or shoot 'em up Halo. In my opinion you can't get that with a PC .. at least not as easily. So yeah, I'll be sticking with the consoles pretty much for that. I don't play many graphics-intensive games on my comp anyways. So, yeah. Console for me! Most likely Xbox 360 but possibly a PS3.

I would have to say Computer is better. I have Ps2 and it's great, but i'm mainly into strategy games and the best come from the PC. The problem with Computer Games is that you have to go through the hassle of installing them and sometimes your computer will betray you and have an error with the game which drives me crazy. That would be great if computer games can just play automatically like on any console. But definitely the best games come from the computer.But with ps3 and the new Xbox I would have to say the Playstation. I got used to it and it has a smaller console and controller compared to the X-Box.

That is true that new consoles today or getting more boring and unentertaining by the days. When I was younger, I played the Super Nintendo, and that was able to hold my attention for a long time. I didn't have a fear of messing up and dieing a gory death, now comparing to the new consoles. For the PS2, I'm afraid to actually die that much times, because they made it that hard and annoying. I'm not really a console gamer though, because I tend to hang out more around the computer. I guess I don't have much to say here, but I do think that new consoles today are getting a lot more ridiculous.I mean, why do they want to add a service for X-Box Live and cost to use, when anyone could just load up Battlefield 2/Counter Strike and enjoy it without having to pay monthly? Also, why would they want to add internet access to these consoles? They already have computers..

I've always preferd computers to consoles, because they interect with the person that uses the in may different ways, if you know what I mean.There is no console that can replace the multifunctionality of a computer! And as someone said, the computer technology is way ahaed of console technology and is moving faster. Viva la computer!

I recommend you get the computer because it is harder to get. Wait a few months for the price on the xbox 360 to go down then get that and halo 3. Then save up money for the Ps3 because it must have some really good games by then. And don't forget to thank me on my advice xD j/k but make good choices!!!

Well, I'd say computer...but then again, you could just get a regular XBox or PS2, and install Linux on it. I find the idea extremely tempting....they may be $150 now, but I have a feeling they'll go down when the new ones some out. ;)

I don't know what to buy. But a new computer sounds REALLY nice.The ps3 got ripped off by xbox. Right when ps3 annouced there release xbox annouced the release of halo 3 for xbox360, be careful what you choose is all I have to say.

Everyone says PC'S are dying, I really hope thats not true I really dont mind ethire I own pratically everything XBOX PS2 Gamecube I love the XBOX since it's the fastest because I'm a very impatiant person but compared to the newer PS2 the thing is HUGE and I would take a fully juiced up Alienware ALX over PS3 or XBOX360 anyday but although I am an xbox fan the ps3 looks promising it's almost double what the xbox processing speed is and everyone says (at E3) that it's just like playing a movie. Althogh Microsoft will succeed in making the christmas rush unfortunatly Sony will miss out it's also double the price so most people will probebly rush for xbox, but to me unlike most people I would prefer a mouse and keyboard over a gamepad or joy anyday I like the ablity to control the movments easily with the mouse and the functionality with the keyboard also with a computer you can easily upgrade where consoles you cannot plus I really wouldn't want to have to pay extra for xbox live or anything like that. but thats my opinion

I don't know, man. With a computer, you can do so much stuff with it! It's like a whole new world out there, just waiting to be explored. And ever since the Internet was developed, something huge has been created too. I have to say that the computer is at the top of the list.Even with the Sony's decreasing reputation (about some software problem), the PlayStation 3 looks very promising. I have heard lots of good things about it and seems like those PS-fans are just praising it above anything else. They diss the Nintendo Revolution and the Xbox 360... but my goodness, I just want the Xbox 360 so bad. Ever since I got addicted to playing Halo 2 (it's not that addictive but it's very fun!). I am just annoyed with the controls and all.. it's really hard to aim for people with such small hands. :)

Honestly PC is the best as long as you currently have a decent one then your fine just a graphic card update every 2 years and a processor update every 3 and you'll be fine.people get scared of PCs because the word upgrading your PC keeps coming up. but really all the people that play consoles are doing the same thing about every 3 years a new generation of consoles comes out for sale and it seems everytime they do the price gets jacked up.So overall i'd pick PC over any console anyday (unless its SNES :))