xisto Community
heavensounds

The Fastest Browser nice study has been done

K-meleon is the fastest windows browser and iceweasel is the fastest linux browser they both have low footprint and buildin flash and all the needed plugins and they have great security also-reply by cardreader

Mozilla is the same thing as Firefox. If you want to be technical, Mosaic started the Browser wars. By creating the Internet Browser they paved the way for other browsers to fight by giving them a chance to figh.

I'm using both mozilla firefox and opera latest version, from my experience opera is much faster than mozilla firefox when surfing but at some point when I want to download files with download manager which is much faster than the opera download manager, I will use mozilla firefox instead coz it support my download manager.I hv learnt a bit about cache, when I stream anime or listen to music I can just get them from the cache folder though u need to rename and put extension to the file which is a bit troublesome but its better than if u want to download them again, the thing is when I use mozilla and stream video, there seem to hv a limit of cache like 5mb for the video but when I use opera I can get the whole length of the video, so I don't hv to use my download manager to grab video in opera, I can just take the cache file. U can google and learn more about cache in browser if u don't understand what I jz mentioned.In my opinion, opera is much faster if ure jz wanna surf the net but for cool widget and browser looks I think mozilla firefox is a nice package. Just get them both ;)

Opera is pretty nice, but i'll never give up Firefox because of the big community... the various plug ins available, especially those regarding web development. Firefox will always be the best browser in my eyes, even though I've used Opera a while and liked it too. What i liked about Opera, i must admit were the mouse gestures.

I can't really say for sure what the fastest browser would be. For me, personally, I use Mozilla Firefox. It isn't the fastest browser that I have come across, but it is the most efficient and has a lot of great features and plugins that really enhance my surfing experience. In my experience, I believe that Google Chrome was much faster than Firefox. I do not use Chrome because I am really just not used to it and it was too much of a learning curve for myself to have to handle. I also didn't like how it would cache some of the pages so if I was ESPN and closed the page then went back to ESPN the page would still be the same, it would not have updated!

For a lot of years I'm using Opera as my main browser and it's fast for me, Firefox also got faster in the last year, but it's code still is a big crap of pile, but it works.I also use Google chrome as my default browser to open up pages I push on irc, skype, different programs and messengers and etc. to not mess up with my Opera session and it's quite fast, and Google chrome is good for simple browsing, I don't keep any history on it or anything. :angel:

Firefox is my browser of choice. Browsing speed aside, it is more dynamic compared to the other internet browsers around. For many firefox users, I think the main sticking point is the thousands of plugins you can use to customize as well as enhance the user's browsing experience. With regards to the "fastest" browser, chrome takes it IMO.

I just wanted to mention an optimized version of Firefox for Linux users is Swiftfox. It is build almost entirely on Firefox source and optimized to run on specific processors, like Intel Core2Duo, AMD64, etc. on the Linux architecture. As far as I can tell it is not any slower or any buggier than "normal" Firefox and it "feels" fast. The really nice thing is that it is totally integrated with Firefox, so you can use the same profile and use both of them, Firefox and Swiftfox, sharing the exact same configuration, history, bookmarks, etc. You can swap from one to the other, what you cannot do is running them simultaneously as far as I know. Well this is open source and some of the effects this can cause, any one can take the source code of say Firefox and turn it into something very similar or very different but sharing something with the Fox. This for better or for worse cannot happen with say Opera or other non open source browsers. And yes, although I like some features of Opera and I have recently rediscovered I mostly stick to Firefox, having my profiles and bookmarks and history and plugins and (...) shared between several computers and so on.

I currently use Goolge chrome because I love how simple it is. I also use FireFox but I haven't for a while, only for when something doesn't fully 'work' on Chrome. Chrome is supposely on beta stages, so hope it will just get better. I love how I can just search on the address bar. Chrome loads just a split second faster than FireFox but not much of a deal.Anyways those are my thoughts, Dan.

I currently use Goolge chrome because I love how simple it is. I also use FireFox but I haven't for a while, only for when something doesn't fully 'work' on Chrome. Chrome is supposely on beta stages, so hope it will just get better. I love how I can just search on the address bar. Chrome loads just a split second faster than FireFox but not much of a deal.
Anyways those are my thoughts, Dan.

Firefox can also search from the address bar, and search through your tags as well :angel: it can also do simple math from the search bar (or maybe that is a Google feature...)

Has anyone tried out the Opera Unite feature of Opera browser? It is supposed to turn your browser into a mini browser to easily share content on your computer, I will try it some day.

I used to use Opera for everything. I just didn't like the way it was and I still don't. The browser itself is a bit too distracting for me since I get off-focus very easily.

Has anyone tried out the Opera Unite feature of Opera browser? It is supposed to turn your browser into a mini browser to easily share content on your computer, I will try it some day.

Here I meant server, The Opera Unite feature will turn your browser into an internet server and from there you can share files on your computer without installing a proper server or uploading them anywhere. I wonder if it works fine, in that case it might be useful. Anyone who has tried it? Does it work behind a firewall and with dynamic IP addresses? (Guess yes for the second question, not sure about the first one...)

I've used IE, Netscape 7.2, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, and I say that hands-down Opera not just transfers pages the fastest, but also renders them the fastest. that means from the time a web site's HTL gets to Opera, the browser gets to work displating the page ASAP, and does it faster than anyone else.

The runners up are as follows, in order from fastest to slowest:

1. Firefox - any version

2. Netscape 7.2

3. Internet Explorer 6 (I don't have IE 7 so I can't judge it)

You forgot Google Chrome. It's faster than Firefox.

Opera is fast but I have some issues with multimedia specially flash.Firefox seems to be the most reasonable browser in that scene. I only hate the checking for updates, installing plugins when you start it but I think I should be able to stop it from doing that.