xisto Community
dino-m

Norton Antivirus Vs Nod 32 Software

nod 32 is betterits ranking is approx 4 all over the world....norton is gud but i find it diffucult to uninstall it and...........so i prefer nod32...and bitdefender ttl scrty 2009for furthere help plz contact me. attestingpiraks@gmail.comorrite2alok@gmail.com

I have Norton 360 Beta 3 installed on my computer. It works great. I don't even notice it running most of the time. It isn't one of those programs like Spybot S&D that doesn't shut up, or AVG that needs you to update it, it just works. I am using a beta version, which is free for the time being, so you should check that out. Definitely a good deal seeing as Norton usually charges a lot more for their software. Additionally, they are working on Windows 7 support. It doesn't officially support it, but it is being designed to work with it.

I was using Norton Antivirus and Internet Security 2008 and it was really good preventing treats,spyware and viruses so someome would tell it is excelent choice, but,there is always other side of the sword.I was using Vista Home Premium edition v. 32bit so as you all propably know Vista 'eats' a lot of memory,add to this some of common programs we use and you will get one really slowly resoinsive pc. So mine opinion for Norton AV is:Protection: 9/10Resources: 5/10 (less = slower)About Nod AV.I recently changed my OS to Vista Ultimate x64 edition and installed NOD.It is very nice suprise.System works much faster and Antivirus uses less memory so mine comp. get faster.Protection is also very good.If you update it on time you are going to be for sure safe from all new viruses,so mine opinion and recommendations for NOD AV:Protection 9/10 because no spyware protectionResources: 10/10Sorry for my bad English.

have used them both, can't stand both. but as for software goes? and if I had to pick one of the two to use. Northon only because they have been around the longest and have the best record.

I used both of them. Both are good because of paid one. They stops, viruses, malwares, spams, and many more.But my vote is on the site of NOD32. This is pretty fast antivirus. Norton takes much disk space. It slow down the computer. We need to high capacity computer to run norton antivirus.

sorry but i disagree with both try kaspersky is fast easy to use and heck pm me and ill see what i can do for my free 3 user code i got 9 keys to space so send me some Pm's BTW NOD32 is by far better than Norton<-- that lousy program takes 50% of the CPU when scanning NOD32 takes 13% and has a much better accuracy with viruses

If you have a strong system and you are serious when comes to protecting your "bit", then I really recommend Norton 360, especially if you download lots of stuff and navigate the internet. I know it takes more resources to run than other similar software but better being sure than being in doubt when comes to protect your computer against the vast world of phishing, hackers, spyware, viruses, malware, etc. I tested many antivirus software and security suites before reaching a conclusion which one is best (such as: BitDefender, Nod 32, Avira, Avast, AVG, Panda Antivirus, Karpensky, McAfee) and I truly recommend to research yourself some of them. Try to buy the original software you decided to go with because you will benefit on the long run. Trust me I was the same like you, trying to get everything free,but I realized the importance and I changed my view on this. I, personally wouldn't consider free software because they offer just a fair amount of protection, it would be almost like a 50-50 chance to get a virus or to get someone on your computer when surfing the internet.

BitDefender, Karpensky and Nod 32 have good protection, friendly-user interfaces and are light on resources. These are the only other antivirus software that I would personally consider as an alternative to Norton.

-reply by Alex

I used to be a die hard fan of Norton Antivirus after my first pc crash in during my college days. I was having a P II machine then with a new 540 MB hard disk and my pc got infected with a virus I still don't know what, but it was a virus for sure, which left me high and dry with almost one month's project work lost. Norton did protect me in the rest of the days of my project and then upto more than six years later. In 2006 I started using other antivirus programs, most of which were pirated or coppied ones, untill I settled for Nod32 about a year and a half age. After which it is Nod32 and nothing else. The reason was for the new OS Vista Nod32 came as an early entrant and was wonderfully lite on the machine that I own today. Now with Wndows 7 I am still using Nod32 coz it is lite and is awfully fast and as for Norton it has turned out to be a big resource hogger.The same thing is happening with Nero, a vastly popular and handy C/DVD burning software is turning out to be too heavy on machines, and now much better and elaborate techniques with better performane is available many free of cost, better than Nero a few times in performance.I think Nod32 is much better than Norton Antivirus. Not to leave far behind is Kaspersky being a good virus derector and cleaner.

If you havenNorton Antivirus Vs Nod 32

I was a die hard McAfee fan for years. In the interim, I have used that, AVG, Kapersky, Nod32,Avast, CA, Webroot, and Norton.  I recently contracted something and went through the above list and of all of them, the trojan eluded them all except Norton AntiVirus 2009.  I have been using it most of the year and I used to hate it because it hooked into your whole system. That is NO LONGER THE CASE. The program installs fast, uses little resources, and sets you for maximum protection with little intrusions in the way of popups alerting you of things.

I just recently downloaded a trial of Norton 360 to my daughter's computer using my credentials, and to my surprise, I received a 366 day subscription free of charge (customer loyalty or something). At any rate, it found the infection on her computer after Qwest OneCare failed to detect it and after Avast allowed her to get the infection in the first place.

All I am saying is, try the trial of Norton 360 and run a FULL SCAN on your computer. When I did that, I was surprised at what McAfee had left behind. Even DVDs and CDs I had burned while using McAfee were infected with trojans that upon insertion in to my now Norton protected system, Norton detected the viruses, the files they were in, and I was able to remove those infections from my hard drive then re-burn the cds/dvds that had been infected and undetected while using McAfee, Nod32 and the others. 

-reply by IveUsedThemAll

Norton is a bloated good-for-nothing piece of software. They and mcafeePosted Image are the biggest purveyors of snake-oil in the software world. I would stay away from products by either of those companies. Nod32 gets very high ratings for being an excellent AV product with a small footprint. There are also free offerings from various companies like Avast. You can get a review of the free ones here.

If comparing NOD32 and Norton, I would go with ESET NOD32 antivirus as it has better reviews and etc. Also it's used in my university and most of computers are virus free and works very well.Personally I use Microsoft Security Essentials on my home computer, it's also light as ESET, but it's not so powerfull, but it's free and also protects well. :)

Same here. I'll go with NOD32 anytime. Some of the reasons are that NOD32 is fast loading and is perfect for scanning files and webpages than norton. Norton skipped many malicious pages which nod32 catched for me. Also when it comes to system resource Nortom is always hands down winner :). It takes more resource and makes system usable. I'll prefer NOD32 anytime over Norton, i don't know how norton fans can back it up for long and even they do i guess they are the only one spending money with norton.