xisto Community
dino-m

Norton Antivirus Vs Nod 32 Software

Yes but here i have seen that there are some tests (refering to one thread) where i have seen that free software firewalls are much working while NOD32 got 4%rating on firewall test. So i don't know how reliable the test is but shocked to see NOD with such low remark on firewall. If i'm not wrong people are preferring it over kaspersky and mcfee because of it's performance. Not sure, how those tests showed it with such low ranking. I wonder what real ranking will Norton will get if we test their internet security product and it's performance.

I have been in the IT industry for several years now, and I can safely say Norton Anti virus is just about the most unprofessional piece of professional software out there. The amount of reports i have both, heard and witnessed of how Norton brought workstations to just about a standstill is way too many to even mention. Perhaps their strategy was that of, if their software slowed down the clients system so much, then no virus would ever be able to run. Not because of the virus detection capability of their software but rather because of lack of available system resources after Norton is loaded into memory.On the other side of the scale Nod is quite decent, In my experience with nod, It detects allot of virus's. Nod's virus definition files are also reasonably smaller in comparison to other anti virus software out there. Nod also uses just about the least amount of system resources compared to any other anti virus software that i have seen.

Edited by knoppixusr (see edit history)

Personally i am quite surprised that Norton hasn't gone out of business yet. I guess that deal that they made with one hardware manufacture to ship their software on pre-loaded computers must have helped boost their sales a bit. It boggles my mind how so many big corporations buy poor quality software. Why ? i do not know. I have seen banks implement some of the worst software for security, even worse than Norton. Like F-secure. You don't need to guess very hard what the F really stands for....

I personally love Nod 32, and hate Norton.My household has used Norton for a long time, and I have hated it forever. So terrible, slow, boggish, It makes me shudder.Eset Nod32 has never given me any problems.

Best antivirus software: Rising Antivirus 2010 Free EditionNorton Antivirus Vs Nod 32After trying many big name products lik Norten, Nod32, Kaspersky, Avira, AVAST, AVG, McAfee, I condfidently say that these all are crap. Nod32 misses many spywares and trojans. Kaspersky and Avira uses much resources as AVG does. When talking about Rising Antivirus it is unpopular but yet fully functional program having great defense against viruses, trojans, spywares and malwares. I wounder as they offer all the key services as the paid software contains. Must give it a try and I am sure you will forget to use Norton, AVG, NOD32 or any other program.-reply by asif

Norton is big Damn dirty Antivirus, it slows down the computer performance and cant detect the viruses. it only detects the popular viruses.another bad thing is its to expensive compared to other antivirus softwares

During many years i found that nod 32 is better but what i say is in total, in some things Norton is better than Nod 32 and in some other things Nod 32 is better.First i should say i was using Norton as the first antivirus that was pre installed with one year license on my PII PC , those days it was enough for me but i faced many problems with it, first it was unable to detect some viruses on some discs so i had to change my windows and do a fresh install for many times because norton was unable to detect the virus and my OS was ruined, this was the start of its problems and from that time i started to look for better ones, after that sometimes norton itself ruined my os, i mean it hanged and deleted some OS files so windows was unable to start and problems like this caused me to do fresh install of windows again, but this is not the end :( some months later i found that i can not install Norton on my PC anymore, it had problem with license but my license was remaining for another 6 months so this time i really got mad and just used my windows for around 3 or 4 months without any antivirus and in that time i was opening discs with an external explorer for protecting myself from those auto run viruses. During this time i searched for many antiviruses, i used McAfee sometime but it was really resource hungry and so i deleted it, after that i was using Trend Micro PC-cillin for about 4 months but it was like nothing and never detected any virus so again i was searching for alternatives and i found Nod 32, it was really hard to buy a license for it in that time and the trial version was not working properly so i walk away from it and went for using no antivirus again but after getting a virus by e-mail and changing the windows again :D i tried to get a license for nod 32 and i finally got a 1 year and i just installed it, i was first having problem with its settings causing my pc to get slow but latter as i found some annoying options in it and disabled them i found it as real nice antivirus, the only problem i had with it was that sometimes it didn't delete the virus and only detects it, this was annoying but was not causing any problem to OS so with help of this antivirus i was able to use my windows for a 1 year without any fresh installation. By the way later when i bought my first flash memory that behavior of not deleting went on my nerves, because when a flash was infected then every time i plugged it into PC nod 32 was killing me with first hanging for around 2 minutes and then non stop alerts of finding various viruses on it, but as i had bought a 2 years license for it i couldn't change it easily so i kept going on with it, later when nod 32 version 3 and 4 came out these problems were solved and i was happy with my antivirus, so this is why i prefer NOD 32 to Norton but remember to test both yourself because i haven't tested Norton new version from 3 years ago and so i don't know how much they have improved their products.